What is the Proper Response for CT Gun Owners, and Why?

This is a discussion on What is the Proper Response for CT Gun Owners, and Why? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So, in the various CT gun owner/confiscation threads, I have seen a lot of people condemning the gun owners of CT for one thing or ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: What is the Proper Response for CT Gun Owners, and Why?

So, in the various CT gun owner/confiscation threads, I have seen a lot of people condemning the gun owners of CT for one thing or another. I have condemned the CT residents that registered their guns, so I've done it too.

I think rather than using the same arguments against one another in thread after thread (I'm not saying that arguing isn't fun), we should realistically try to come up with some solutions that might actually work.

So, let's hear it. What do you think is the proper response for Connecticut gun owners to the assault weapons registration bill, confiscation letters, and the like? And, why do you think it is the proper response? Also, why do you think it will actually work?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Well the first guy in line to register his weapon made the biggest mistake. The gun owners should have made a statement before the law was passed.
    IMO only the lackeys were standing in line waiting to give their throats to the wolf.
    It's not too late for the rest of the flock to survive the attacks of the pack, but the first group are going to be looking over their shoulders for the rest of the time they reside in CT.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    What would I do? I would have either registered my firearm's under the law or shipped them to friends out of state. After I complied with the Law I would file a case in court to have the law struck down, I would also work on forming grass-root groups to ensure the next election we would vote out the people that put these laws in place and get the laws removed and all registrations destroyed.

We have federal and state Constitutions, we are bound by those and to follow the laws enacted in our state. We fight those laws that we disagree with using those Constitutions. If we start to think that we are exempt because we think the laws are unconstitutional we are heading down a slippery slope.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by velo99 View Post
    Well the first guy in line to register his weapon made the biggest mistake. The gun owners should have made a statement before the law was passed.
    IMO only the lackeys were standing in line waiting to give their throats to the wolf.
    It's not too late for the rest of the flock to survive the attacks of the pack, but the first group are going to be looking over their shoulders for the rest of the time they reside in CT.
    So you think it is okay to ignore laws you disagree with?

Through all of the threads where CT is "starting to confiscate the guns" I have not seen any one say they came for my guns yet. So what CT gun owners need to do is band together NOW and protest, Make a list and pass out phone number of state reps and make sure they are getting a call from a gun owner every hour of every day. fill their mailboxes every day. And when the first person gets that knock at the door make sure 1000 angry people show up at the jail, police station, and state house that day! Take up a collection for busses, and have a list of people who will show up. But have it in place now. DR

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."
    -Thomas Jefferson
    Badey, Aceoky, CWOUSCG and 12 others like this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

What would I do? I would have either registered my firearm's under the law or shipped them to friends out of state. After I complied with the Law I would file a case in court to have the law struck down, I would also work on forming grass-root groups to ensure the next election we would vote out the people that put these laws in place and get the laws removed and all registrations destroyed.

We have federal and state Constitutions, we are bound by those and to follow the laws enacted in our state. We fight those laws that we disagree with using those Constitutions. If we start to think that we are exempt because we think the laws are unconstitutional we are heading down a slippery slope.
    The court case was already tried, and it failed.

I like grassroots movements. I'm not sure if that is going on in CT or not. Anyone have any info on this?
    Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

I know from living in CA that if I just comply and do nothing it will just get worse! My advise is get active NOW! Don't flaunt broken laws but show them how many people you can mobilize, and are angry. DR
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I think some friends/members of the firearms community who do not own EBR's could if they wanted to be the public face of the opposition to registration/confiscation. Using our community here as an example Old 0311(No guy I'm not volunteering you) Has stated he's not into EBR's but is against the infringement. It would be hard for the media to portray him as someone putting his love of the EBR ahead of the children. It would also make it more difficult for political lackeys to target him for selective enforcement of failure to register. Constitutionalist scholars who hold our point of view could show the similarities of the assertion of this civil right and other assertions of civil rights against bigoted majorities in our nations history. This attempt could be paired with other widely unpopular infringements privacy search and seizure etc. to show that this is part of an assault on all rights.
    Aceoky, Badey, Ghost1958 and 1 others like this.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar

Several good information links in video description too.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    Do what one must. I am not in their position, I would like to "think" that my refusal to register would be the correct thing to do, or should I say, the correct thing to "Start" with. I should hope that the CT gun owners have a "well regulated" organized, long term plan for this matter and that this refusal to register is not just a "flash in the pan".

Perhaps, the overabundance of attorneys in the NE, will now be a good thing. Then again, maybe not, there may be a lot of penniless ex gun owners.
    gatorbait51 and blitzburgh like this.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

VIP Member
    This is a very difficult situation for our brothers and sisters in CT. Many of those contemplating civil disobedience have a lot to lose; they have small businesses, children in the local schools, employers, etc. They have college tuition, medical bills and mortgages. They are real people who have lives that expand beyond their position on the 2A.

Each of them must make their own decision regarding whether or not they comply with this unjust legislation for the immediate future based on their own situation. I will not criticize those who choose to follow the law - I don't necessarily agree with them, but I can empathize with their dilemma.

For the medium to long term my opinion is that there is only strength in numbers. As individuals they can be discriminated against and fighting the law is extraordinarily expensive - but as a group they have strength. The key in CT is organizing the effort against the law. My thought is that they need one voice and they should pool resources to retain the best constitutional legal representation possible. If they can get enough people and make enough noise they can get this case in front of the correct court quickly and try to drive an injunction to stay the law while a more detailed case against it can be organized.

It is a no win situation for these people. They have been attacked by zealots who wish to impose their way of life on others. It is pure unadulterated fascism and has no place in a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."
    -Thomas Jefferson
    Eggzactly!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

Distinguished Member Array CWOUSCG's Avatar
    Did you drive 55?

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    ... we should realistically try to come up with some solutions that might actually work.

So, let's hear it. What do you think is the proper response for Connecticut gun owners to the assault weapons registration bill, confiscation letters, and the like? And, why do you think it is the proper response? Also, why do you think it will actually work?

Hm. Solutions that might actually work.

1. Vote 'em out, recall 'em, get the recall mechanism on the books if one doesn't already exist, lawsuits from Hades until they (the hirelings who do this sort of crap) are all held accountable. About all that will be a solution, in the end.

2. In the meantime, refusal to comply can work, and work well, so long as folks cannot be easily singled out and separated from the herd. En masse, several hundred thousand citizens who refuse to comply with clearly unconstitutional edicts from dictators in drag (masquerading as sworn upholders and defenders of the Constitution) can indeed help force such cretins to back down and clean up their mess they've created.

I don't believe any other tactics will actually work. Go solo, and you get pounced on by the self-righteous hirelings (technically/temporarily lawfully pounced on, or not). Try to do it without simultaneous 'heavy' lawsuits effectively handled, then I don't think it'll work in the long run. Try to do it without heavily changing the voting behavior of the majority of CT citizens, then I don't think it'll work in the long run.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links