Conn. Police Refuse to Enforce New Gun Laws

This is a discussion on Conn. Police Refuse to Enforce New Gun Laws within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Conn. police refuse to enforce new gun laws (Updated) - National Conservative | Examiner.com Mod: if this has already been posted please delete Sent from ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Conn. Police Refuse to Enforce New Gun Laws

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

Conn. police refuse to enforce new gun laws (Updated) - National Conservative | Examiner.com

Mod: if this has already been posted please delete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    StormRhydr and Aceoky like this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Some might refuse, but others can't wait to get the orders.

[VIDEO] CT Cop Tells Gun Owner ?I Cannot Wait to Get the Order to Kick Your Door In?

IMOP some state have cops that wont enforce the gun law because :
    1. They don't want to die for politics
    2 . They think they are unjust

IMOP I think most CT cops save a few fall into camp 1 if at all... We talk a state like CO or even NY where a lot of cops are rual farm land then maybe a lot of wink wink nod nod but I think Ct.. Well the wolves are at the door ....

Correct me if I am wrong though ..
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJVP View Post
    Some might refuse, but others can't wait to get the orders.

[VIDEO] CT Cop Tells Gun Owner ?I Cannot Wait to Get the Order to Kick Your Door In?
    Except that we have no really proof that was ever said. The other video listed in that same story was deceptive.

VIP Member
    Whenever people refuse to do their jobs, they generally get fired. Then, other people get those jobs.
    atctimmy and SCXDm9 like this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    Except that we have no really proof that was ever said. The other video listed in that same story was deceptive.
    Whatever.
    multistage and Sister like this.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    a crappy spot to put citizens and LE in by overreaching political libiots.

i think all security for the state government of CT should be limited by the law, should be required to use trigger locks and "smart guns" with bluetooth or fingerprint authentication.
    zzclancy likes this.

Distinguished Member
    This could be a powder keg in the making. Hopefully the FBI or someone will step in and educate some LE folks on what happens when testosterone rules the day. The feds still have not recovered from the fiasco at WACO and the Weaver travesty.

Not that I have high hopes of reason prevailing. As Mike said, those LE who refuse lose their jobs and some zealots on the lib side will replace them. If both sides remain resolute it will get ugly. I can't decide if I think a disaster would work for or against reasonable gun laws. Outcomes are incredibly unpredictable. Both sides will make their case and I have no clue who gets most galvanized.
    zzclancy, soonershoote and Sister like this.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Whatever.
    Well stated.
    Sister likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

I liked one comment from one of the articles.
    Paraphrased:"Don't wait for the cops to show up at your door. Let a group of armed citizens show up at their door, first. (And there you have the true meaning of the 2nd Amendment!)".
    "If you can do it, you damn well better be able to look at it!".....Matt Helm

Whatever.
    I find it funny that when it supports someone's view people tend to believe ANYTHING, but it goes against what they believe they demand extraordinary proof.
    SCXDm9 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
    TThe feds still have not recovered from the fiasco at WACO and the Weaver travesty.
    Not sure where you got that idea. Most people don't even remember or know about Waco or Ruby Ridge. The Feds has a lot more power today than they did in those days. Don't fool yourself.
    HotGuns and blitzburgh like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Whenever people refuse to do their jobs, they generally get fired. Then, other people get those jobs.
    Not when they refuse to follow illegal and Unconstitutional orders - especially when they have very good contracts - just watch how many LEO are on "paid leave" for years - there IS a very good reason for this btw
    zzclancy likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    Not sure where you got that idea. Most people don't even remember or know about Waco or Ruby Ridge. The Feds has a lot more power today than they did in those days. Don't fool yourself.
    I don't know much less have questioned "most people " (and doubt that you have either) but I can assure you that many people will never - ever forget - and even IF "most people" don't know they are quickly learning - not that right has some dependency on "most knowing" . The "Feds" have without a doubt remembered how the public outcry came when they overstepped their authority.
    OD*, Ghost1958, zzclancy and 3 others like this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    Not when they refuse to follow illegal and Unconstitutional orders - especially when they have very good contracts - just watch how many LEO are on "paid leave" for years - there IS a very good reason for this btw
    I've yet to see any evidence that courts have determined the significant portions of New York and Connecticut's harsh gun laws are illegal or unconstitutional. I, like many believe they are, but my opinion does not carry the weight of law.
    tdave likes this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links