CT LEO Threatens Friend on Facebook.

This is a discussion on CT LEO Threatens Friend on Facebook. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Conn. Cop: I Will Kick Down Doors To Confiscate Guns Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: CT LEO Threatens Friend on Facebook.

Conn. Cop: I Will Kick Down Doors To Confiscate Guns

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Branford Police have confirmed that Officer Peterson has been placed on paid leave while an internal investigation is carried out.

Hope it's a LONG leave without pay - permanent IOW
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

Conn. Cop: " I will kick down doors "

Me: " I will shoot you "

Assuming he doesn't have a warrant....
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Nations crumble from within when the citizenry asks of government those things which it might better provide for itself... Man is not free unless government is limited... As government expands, liberty contracts.
    -Ronald Reagan

Stormtrooper
    gatorbait51, ctr, redmc and 1 others like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post

Hope it's a LONG leave without pay - permanent IOW
    It doesn't say without pay and my guess that is for a reason - they have every intention of paying him. He is the perfect tool for the CT legislature which clearly wants the option of people kicking in doors; or at least they want people to believe that is an option.

He will be quietly "investigated" while he sits on a beach somewhere and then when things blow over he will be brought back or even promoted.

Tyranny will have many who support it - this is the same way the Nazi's started.

I would wager that it IS paid leave - not due to that but more likely due to the contract -why most LEO are on "paid leave" for a long time - it's far less expensive than firing them and getting sued .

That being said when CT Officially states they're not going to enforce this NO LEO has any business "chomping at the bit" in public like this
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

I like what the person did here in capturing the screen prints of this officer and exposed him. This is a powerful weapon since you can paint police as over zealous and drunk on power. Cell phone cameras/recorders and hidden cameras/recorders are very useful in either proving police misconduct or creating a strong perception of misconduct. In this case, the officer is exposed as a badge happy hothead apparently itching to lord his power over the peasantry. Capture these social media post, record your live interactions with police, keep them on their toes, and make sure they are not overstepping the boundaries.

As for this guy, they'll investigate, at most put a minor reprimand on his record, and reinstate him.

The police are not our enemy per se, but we need the police to know we will hold them to a strong standard of good behavior and they are not a para military force to control the peasant class. It's not personal, just professional.
    Aceoky, molleur, tdave and 7 others like this.
    Kahr CW380, Kahr P9, Walther P99AS

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sliderbk View Post
    I like what the person did here in capturing the screen prints of this officer and exposed him.
    And I am wondering why the two conversations were so different. I have seen people that will take just part of a conversation and publish it and it will make someone look terrible, if you see the whole conversation it has a completely different meaning. We have no idea what the posts were right before the "I would give my left nut" comment. You are seeing exactly what someone with an agenda wants you to see and you are taking as if it is the complete truth. This is no different than what NBC did during the Zimmerman trial that many of you screamed about.

Until I see the WHOLE conversation, I am not going to judge this guy.

Distinguished Member
    As I mentioned in another thread, Connecticut is in a sad State!
    Aceoky, tdave and ctr like this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Well, while "you wait" the folks that really actually matter have taken actions based on reality and frankly I'm not so sure it 'matters what was said before" anything at all- when the official policy is publicly stated "we won't go after all these folks" LEO has no business publicly making these threats- any more than you should publicly trash your boss's policy - you might "feel better" for a very short time but I'm doubting that will last long term
    tdave and RickyD like this.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    There will always be people who comply with a rogue government. This better get resolved quickly. Idiot politicians are putting LE and citizens in a real bad spot.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    Well, while "you wait" the folks that really actually matter have taken actions based on reality and frankly I'm not so sure it 'matters what was said before" anything at all- when the official policy is publicly stated "we won't go after all these folks" LEO has no business publicly making these threats- any more than you should publicly trash your boss's policy - you might "feel better" for a very short time but I'm doubting that will last long term
    Most places are required to put them on leave for any investigation. Since it made the news, there is going to be an investigation. An investigation does not mean guilt.

I do not agree they have put CT LEO in "any spot" I'd agree they had that intention until the vast majority refused to comply with illegal decrees that infringe on their inalienable Rights - at that point they realized it was best to not push the issue (as they should have IMO) so long as that is the case citizens and LEO are in no spot they were not in prior to this debacle IMHO

http://ezinearticles.com/?Connecticu...Say&id=8366211

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    Most places are required to put them on leave for any investigation. Since it made the news, there is going to be an investigation. An investigation does not mean guilt.
    CT Officially stated they would not pursue this - I have posted that official response several times now - this LEO speaks out in public with a message that is totally and clearly contrary to that - which DOES "mean guilt" since we have all seen the very clear evidence of both

So, the question becomes: who really believes LE won't come "knocking" (kicking) if the ostensibly lawful order to do so comes down?
    ETXhiker, ctr and Hoganbeg like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links