Care2PetitionSite email info

This is a discussion on Care2PetitionSite email info within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In my continuing effort to display any anti-gun propaganda that I come across, I submit this for your information. My wife got this in her ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By RicT
  • 4 Post By QKShooter
  • 1 Post By high pockets

Thread: Care2PetitionSite email info

In my continuing effort to display any anti-gun propaganda that I come across, I submit this for your information.

My wife got this in her email today. I was just going to send them a reply email (which I'll get to in a minute), but then I noticed that their website says this: "25,068,132 members doing good!" Over 25 million members? We should be aware of this group, but I had never heard of them before, hence this information:

care2petition_zps1b1220a5.jpg

Now, here is my response to them:

First, did you know gun trafficking already IS a federal crime?
    The activities lumped under the newly popular term "gun trafficking" purchasing a firearm for someone who is otherwise prohibited from possessing a gun, buying guns to be illegally smuggled out of the country, delivering guns in the knowledge that they will be used in the furtherance of crimes are already illegal under existing law.

Having a law is easy; enforcing the law is quite another. In 2012 (the latest year available), according to the National Criminal Justice Reference Service, 6 million Americans applied to buy a gun through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System. Of those, fewer than 1.2% more than 72,000 were denied. Of that number, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives referred 4,732 cases for prosecution. And out of that small percentage, only 44 were prosecuted.

Next, have you actually researched the figures you're quoting of "nearly 40% of gun purchases don't involve a background check"? You must already know that the survey you're quoting is nearly 20 years old, and has been disputed by many other researchers because of the methods used to come up with that figure, and most authorities estimate the number is closer to 6-8%.

If you DO already know that, then you are just using that "40%" figure for shock value rather than accuracy, and why should anyone believe any other statements you make?

If you DON'T already know that, then you're just parroting figures given to you without any critical thought or investigation of the facts, and why should anyone believe any other statements you make?

Here is a good explanation of the numbers, if you ACTUALLY want to be informed:
    John Lott's website

By the way, I AM going to send a message to my representatives calling for them to vote against these feel-good but useless proposals; thanks for reminding me.
    RickyD, ccw9mm, QKShooter and 2 others like this.

Good find. Thanks for sharing.

just too funny sometimes to read the junk they come up with

VIP Member
    I love the picture of the sad child - that is too just predictable for these groups. Exploiting the images of children to sell their fascism. How do they rationalize that?

I am curious to see if they even bother to respond.
    Very doubtful.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Administrator
    Over 25 million members?

Keep in mind that historically these people just invent any numbers that they think will benefit their agenda.
    BTW: 32 Million people just E-Mailed me to tell me that they think those folks are full of crap. <~~~(see how easy it is?)
    RickyD, Aceoky, Chorizo and 1 others like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Over 25 million members?

Keep in mind that historically these people just invent any numbers that they think will benefit their agenda.
    BTW: 32 Million people just E-Mailed me to tell me that they think those folks are full of crap. <~~~(see how easy it is?)
    Just ONE person (from Nigeria) just e-mailed me to say I had inherited $32 million dollars. (Gee! Now I'm a millionaire!)
    Aceoky likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Over 25 million members?

Yup, I do understand that a group can make up any numbers it wants...but even if they have a small fraction of that number, we should still be aware of them and their email campaign efforts to get "feel-good" legislation passed.

Sponsored Links