Michigan SBR Bill Heading to Governor

This is a discussion on Michigan SBR Bill Heading to Governor within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Michigan's SB 610 which would allow citizens to own a short barrel rifle or shotgun passed the House 103-6 yesterday. Also passed by the House ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Caertaker
  • 1 Post By NONAME762
  • 1 Post By Caertaker

Thread: Michigan SBR Bill Heading to Governor

Michigan SBR Bill Heading to Governor

Michigan's SB 610 which would allow citizens to own a short barrel rifle or shotgun passed the House 103-6 yesterday. Also passed by the House were:
    • a six bill package to exempt gun ownership records filed with the government from Freedom of Information Act requests - headed to Senate
    • a two bill package narrowly defining "brandishing" as pointing, waving about or displaying a gun in a threatening manner - headed to Senate

All bills were passed with bi-partisan support during this election year.

Michigan House takes aim at public gun records, 'brandishing' and short-barreled shotgun ban | MLive.com
    Brass63 and descenter like this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

2. Remove Ads

WOW these sound like some great ideas!! Stuff I'd love to have on the books law wise in my state!! Especially the effect of voiding the opportunity of ner do wells getting their hands on the names of gun owners thru FOI requests.
    Caertaker likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Yeah it a step in the right direction but I'd rather had the exemption from gun free zones that the governor vetoed. /shrug
    blitzburgh likes this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Nice!

Great things have been happening all over the nation. Sure hope it keeps up.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    Yeah it a step in the right direction but I'd rather had the exemption from gun free zones that the governor vetoed. /shrug
    Hopefully we can get a new governor into office that doesn't fold like a deck of cards to the antis and it will happen. Until then we have to make do with the current idiot.
    British by birth. American by choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    Yes I agree, I'd rather have that too, but this is still something! If he signs this it will slightly make up for him not signing the gun free zone one, and will hopefully be a stepping stone towards that one!
    There are only two times you can have too much ammo,when you are drowning or on fire. - I wish I knew the mans name who said this so I could give him credit!

Links