NRA victory over housing authority a blow to 'gun free zone' mentality

This is a discussion on NRA victory over housing authority a blow to 'gun free zone' mentality within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; NRA’s win v. housing authority another victory over ‘gun-free’ zones Yesterday’s victory for the National Rifle Association against the Wilmington, Del., Housing Authority’s anti-gun regulations ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: NRA victory over housing authority a blow to 'gun free zone' mentality

NRA’s win v. housing authority another victory over ‘gun-free’ zones

Yesterday’s victory for the National Rifle Association against the Wilmington, Del., Housing Authority’s anti-gun regulations was not the first such gun rights win, and if other housing authorities don’t get the message, it may not be the last.

NRA?s win v. housing authority another victory over ?gun-free? zones - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

There's some interesting stuff in the Delaware press coverage... click the link in the first paragraph of my column.

VIP Member
    This is why I'm a supporting member. They annoy the fool out of me, but nobody else is fighting like this for our freedoms.

Well...I'll have a Coke!
    gatorbait51 and Parrisk like this.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Distinguished Member
    it's amazing to me that these people (housing authority) can continue to argue about these issues. It's the law, deal with it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

From an earlier ruling ...
    As the Delaware coverage notes, “The ruling directly contradicts a July 2012 ruling by U.S. District Judge Leonard Stark who found that the limits on residents carrying guns in common areas like lounges, halls and laundry rooms was ‘a reasonable policy’. Judge Stark is an Obama appointee.
    One has to seriously question if such judges expect people to hole up permanently in their residences, avoiding the hallways across their thresholds, starving in dirty clothes. Which is essentially the practical ramification of imposing unconstitutional proclaimed "authority" upon citizens in their own homes. As though somehow a rent-controlled place or one that's technically got the state as an investor somehow makes it not the person's home.
    Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

That's another win for the good guys.
    Parrisk, gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

One thing people fail to realize (or maybe just mention) is that instead of saying stuff like "this is why I fund the NRA, they are fighting..."

You should replace "fund" with "Joined" and replace "they" with "We".

Dont you forget, its the National Rifle Association and WE are the NRA.

For every win there are 5 new restrictions to fight.. but we 2A supporters are getting the point across and the silent supporters are waking up
    Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.
    US Army Retired (2002)
    PAFOA.com, NAGR, USCCA, and NRA Life member

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
    unknown
    "Dare in Brocca" - Beretta

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    For every win there are 5 new restrictions to fight.. but we 2A supporters are getting the point across and the silent supporters are waking up
    It'd be nice if even 10% of the silent would pony up and join. Imagine, another 10M+ members and the revenues they'd represent in this fight over the survival of the Constitution.

Hm. Perhaps when Warren Buffet expires we'll find he bequeathed the whole remaining amount of his stash to the overt, aggressive legal defense of the Constitution in the state, district and supreme courts. Can't imagine Soros's pile will ever see the light of day, in that respect.
    Chasejax, ctr, Bama61 and 2 others like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Agreed ccw, I imagine alot of the sleepers just havent thought there rights have been infringed enough yet for them to care or join. Hopefully though, when they do decide to join it wont be to late.

I bet alot of people out there are just cheap too. I work in the service industry and work off of tips. I know how cheap people can be. If everyone tipped like those people, there would be no service industry.

They are mooching off others. No different than livimg off welfare and doing drugs, buying jordans etc etc.
    So to those of you who havent joined the NRA, quit being so cheap and join and be proud of it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bama61 View Post
    it's amazing to me that these people (housing authority) can continue to argue about these issues. It's the law, deal with it.
    Believe it or not a poll in the local paper found that 29% thought that residents in public housing should not even have a gun and another 9% thought they should only have it at home.

Glad we have 62% on our side, but what are the other 38% thinking? If it was their grandmother or uncle would they think they should be defenseless in these places?

This was not a second amendment case in the end, the decision was based on the Delaware Constitution
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    § 20. Right to keep and bear arms.

Section 20. A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreational use.

VIP Member
    Another version of the story without all of the annoying popups: NRA wins court ruling against WHA

From the story: WHA Executive Director Frederick S. Purnell said he was very disappointed, "Overall I think the ruling sets us back."

Purnell said he thought the restrictions on guns in common areas "struck a good balance between the right to bear arms and the overall mandate we have to provide a safe environment for our residents."

Because housing projects are so notoriously safe... Does this guy have ANY idea what is happens in the average housing project? I spent a lot of time in public housing projects around Pittsburgh during the early 90's for a job I had at the time. I can tell you first hand that if anyone needs to have the right to KABA it is these people.

If memory serves me right, NY gov. Cuomo was handed a similar setback in the courts when he was HUD secretary and he pressed a ban on guns in HUD-funded public housing.
    Aceoky, gatorbait51 and tdave like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

TRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    It'd be nice if even 10% of the silent would pony up and join.
    Hang Wayne LaPierre from a lamp post, and end their televangelist-style fundraising, and I'll consider it. Oh, and if I was a member, I'd have the pitchfork and torch ready for the board members who voted to sponsor a NASCAR race while doing the shuck-and-jive during Sandy Hook.

Wait. We need the NRA for what, exactly?
    lionround likes this.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    Hang Wayne LaPierre from a lamp post, and end their televangelist-style fundraising, and I'll consider it. Oh, and if I was a member, I'd have the pitchfork and torch ready for the board members who voted to sponsor a NASCAR race while doing the shuck-and-jive during Sandy Hook.

Wait. We need the NRA for what, exactly?
    Because you and I are not "A Lobby" and cannot be effective in the big D.C. game of politics. If you don't like the NRA then start your own pro2A and get status as a powerful lobby organization or join GOA. If we don't have some form of artillery in the swamp then we are done.
    Aceoky likes this.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links