NJ 10 round bills

NJ 10 round bills

This is a discussion on NJ 10 round bills within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been faxing and emailing NJ assembly and senators. If anyone is interested in getting on the bandwagon, this is the letter I have ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: NJ 10 round bills

NJ 10 round bills

I have been faxing and emailing NJ assembly and senators. If anyone is interested in getting on the bandwagon, this is the letter I have been using. Feel free to use this or your own.

I am writing to let you know about my opinion on bill A2006. This bill does nothing but place a financial burden on legal gun owners and discriminates against the states citizens. If ten rounds is the proper number of rounds for self-defense then this law must also apply to law enforcement and any other individual in the state that carries a firearm.

It is estimated that there are 1+ million gun owners in the state of NJ. It is a safe assumption that most of these owners will have to replace multiple magazines. Let’s take a financial look at what impact this will have on the state of NJ. The average price of a magazine is $40, and lets say there are 4 million magazines that will have to be replaced (an extremely conservative number). Like most New Jersey residents I will need to divert money from other expenses to cover my purchase and I will make this purchase out of state as why would I want to spend my discretionary funds in a state that cares little about my rights, family or finances. That’s 160+ million dollars not being spent within the state plus revenue the state will loose in taxes.

Governor Christie recently stated the State of New Jersey needs to increase its revenue. Bill A2006, not only doesn’t increase the revenue for the state it decreases revenue when citizens intentionally cross the borders to make their purchases.
    Glock Armorer

Good letter. Hope it helps
    gatorbait51 and AmmoFan01 like this.

I'm not sure it matters in NJ- seems the anti gun folks keep getting their way over the Pro 2nd folks no matter what
    gatorbait51, tdave and AmmoFan01 like this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

What really steams me is that
    a. This bans a bunch of tube feed 22lr guns ( unlike most mag bans it does cover tube feed rifle even CA allows tube feed over 10 rounds )
    b. Worst it there is no grandfather unless your a cop ...

And what you get to stop for gas if you have a gun that is the only carrot you get ...

I mean if they chucked the AWB and allow shall issue CCW in NJ and all you had to do was turn in your over 10s then I could maybe say hey it could be worst but this is just not right ..

Good luck ... But I affaid NJ is near a lost cause for gun owners .
    tdave likes this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Both NY and NJ are such a corrupt cesspool of power-hungry politicians That I don't think any letter will help. Remember this when Christie gets around to tossing his hat into the ring.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Might be better to send letters to Christie letting him know how many WILL remember all over the nation if he tosses his hat in the ring.
    Aceoky, tdave and Cnon like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

STOP.........electing Lawyers to public office.

NJ is a Toilet of legality............IMO.
    Aceoky, tdave, Cnon and 1 others like this.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Wait didn't you hear! Banning magazines that hold more than 10 rounds stop all crime.
    tdave and Cnon like this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Both NY and NJ are such a corrupt cesspool of power-hungry politicians That I don't think any letter will help. Remember this when Christie gets around to tossing his hat into the ring.
    Spot on 100%.

I'm hopeful that my inlaws will soon be moving out of the NJ cesspool to NH so I can avoid trips there. We are also NH bound in the coming months
    tdave and Cnon like this.
    Minimum government, maximum freedom.

NRA - Member
    GOAL - Member

For me if Christie has ANY HOPE OF GETTING MY VOTE he Better do the right thing here.
    Cnon likes this.
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

We maybe a lost cost, but hit them with $ impact and they may sway.
    tdave likes this.
    Glock Armorer

If you do choose to attempt to help us, here are the email addresses:

senvandrew@njleg.org , AsmAndrzejczak@njleg.org, AsmFiocchi@njleg.org, SenWhelan@njleg.org, AsmBrown@njleg.org, AsmMazzeo@njleg.org, SenSweeney@njleg.org , asmburzichelli@njleg.org , AswRiley@njleg.org, SenMadden@njleg.org, AsmMoriarty@njleg.org, AswMosquera@njleg.org, SenNorcross@njleg.org, AsmFuentes@njleg.org, AsmWilson@njleg.org, SenBeach@njleg.org , AsmGreenwald@njleg.org, AswLampitt@njleg.org, SenAllen@njleg.org, AsmConners@njleg.org, asmsingleton@njleg.org , SenAddiego@njleg.org, AsmBrown@njleg.org, AswRodriguez-Gregg@njleg.org, SenConnors@njleg.org, AsmRumpf@njleg.org, AswGove@njleg.org, senholzapfel@njleg.org , AsmWolfe@njleg.org, AsmMcGuckin@njleg.org, SenBeck@njleg.org, AswAngelini@njleg.org, AswCasagrande@njleg.org, SenThompson@njleg.org, AsmDancer@njleg.org, AsmClifton@njleg.org, SenKyrillos@njleg.org, AswHandlin@njleg.org, asmoscanlon@njleg.org , sengreenstein@njleg.org , AsmDeAngelo@njleg.org, AsmBenson@njleg.org, SenTurner@njleg.org,AsmGusciora@njleg.org, reednj15@aol.com, aswwatsoncoleman@njleg.org , senbateman@njleg.org , AsmCiattarelli@njleg.org, AswSimon@njleg.org, SenBSmith@njleg.org, AsmChivukula@njleg.org, AsmEgan@njleg.org, SenBarnes@njleg.org, AsmDiegnan@njleg.org, AswPinkin@njleg.org, SenVitale@njleg.org, AsmWisniewski@njleg.org, AsmCoughlin@njleg.org, SenLesniak@njleg.org, AsmCryan@njleg.org, AswQuijano@njleg.org, SenKean@njleg.org, AsmBramnick@njleg.org, AswMunoz@njleg.org, SenScutari@njleg.org, AsmGreen@njleg.org, AswStender@njleg.org, SenDoherty@njleg.org, AsmDiMaio@njleg.org, AsmPeterson@njleg.org, SenOroho@njleg.org, AsmSpace@njleg.org, AswMcHose@njleg.org, SenBucco@njleg.org, AsmCarroll@njleg.org, asmbucco@njleg.org , SenPennacchio@njleg.org, asmwebber@njleg.org , AswDecroce@njleg.org, SenCodey@njleg.org, AswJasey@njleg.org, AsmMcKeon@njleg.org, SenRice@njleg.org, AsmCaputo@njleg.org, AswTucker@njleg.org, SenRuiz@njleg.org, AswPintorMarin@njleg.org, AswSpencer@njleg.org, SenSinger@njleg.org, AsmSKean@njleg.org, AsmRible@njleg.org, SenCunningham@njleg.org, AsmMainor@njleg.org, AsmOdonnell@njleg.org, sensacco@njleg.org , asmprieto@njleg.org , AswJimenez@njleg.org, SenStack@njleg.org, AsmGarcia@njleg.org, AsmMukherji@njleg.org, SenGill@njleg.org, AsmGiblin@njleg.org, AswOliver@njleg.org, SenPou@njleg.org, AswSumter@njleg.org, asmwimberly@njleg.org , SenSarlo@njleg.org, asmschaer@njleg.org , AswCaride@njleg.org, SenWeinberg@njleg.org, asmjohnson@njleg.org , AswVainieriHuttle@njleg.org, SenGordon@njleg.org, AsmEustace@njleg.org, AsmLagana@njleg.org, SenCardinale@njleg.org, AswSchepisi@njleg.org, AsmAuth@njleg.org, SenOToole@njleg.org, AsmRumana@njleg.org, AsmRusso@njleg.org
    tdave likes this.
    Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    For me if Christie has ANY HOPE OF GETTING MY VOTE he Better do the right thing here.
    I'm sorry If Christie is the nominee then our choices are repugnant and redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I think the rest of New York should break away from the city of New York....that would be a quick fix...
    Cnon likes this.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

IMO Gov Christie is a RINO. I hope he doesn't run in 2016 and if he does I hope he loses BIG.
    Ghost1958, Cnon and Parrisk like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links