Set these politicans right about 2A - both parties. SC/TN pay esp attention to this!

This is a discussion on Set these politicans right about 2A - both parties. SC/TN pay esp attention to this! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; While Obama & the Democrats are Seeking Gun Confiscation, State Republicans Are Squashing Gun Owner?s Rights : Freedom Outpost While Obama & the Democrats are ...

Like Tree22Likes
  • 5 Post By Sister
  • 1 Post By Linny
  • 3 Post By Ghost1958
  • 1 Post By Sister
  • 2 Post By Linny
  • 2 Post By blitzburgh
  • 1 Post By blitzburgh
  • 3 Post By Aceoky
  • 4 Post By phreddy

Thread: Set these politicans right about 2A - both parties. SC/TN pay esp attention to this!

Distinguished Member

Set these politicans right about 2A - both parties. SC/TN pay esp attention to this!

While Obama & the Democrats are Seeking Gun Confiscation, State Republicans Are Squashing Gun Owner?s Rights : Freedom Outpost

While Obama & the Democrats are Seeking Gun Confiscation, State Republicans Are Squashing Gun Owner’s Rights

We have reported extensively on how the Obama administration and the Democrats in Washington, along with Republicans, have been pushing for an ultimate goal, which is gun confiscation. However, many people are under the impression that just because an elected official or candidate has an "R" behind his name, that person is all for gun owner's rights. Nothing could be further from the truth and here's the evidence.

The first example is my home state of South Carolina. Republicans in the State legislature killed a bill, sponsored by Republican Senator Lee Bright [Good man, a keeper], that would allow for unrestricted rights to carry your gun lawfully. It's called Constitutional Carry. Only four Republicans voted for it! I thought these guys were the people always talking about our rights and personal responsibility, but no, in many cases they are wanting to coddle the people and treat them like children, just like Democrats.

SC State Republican Senator Larry Martin [Bad Man, needs to go]told one of his constituents who asked him to vote for the bill, "If the Second amendment has been as you interpret it, why hasn't SC law reflected that for the last 140 years? I'm sorry but you are describing an 'unlimited' right that has never been the case with the Second Amendment. My view of the 2nd Amendment has always been the right to own guns and keep them in our homes, business, and property and not to wear a gun whenever to wherever I pleased."

The problem is that nowhere in his statement does he address "bearing" those same arms. Why doesn't SC law reflect the Second Amendment? Because progressives like Martin have been making the laws for all that time since the time following Abraham Lincoln, and the War to Enslave the States. Why does he only stop at 140 years? Why doesn't he go back further, back to the founding or even prior to the founding of the United States? That should tell you something right there.

But it isn't just in South Carolina. Tennessee Republicans did the exact same thing. In January, I told you that State Senator Mae Beavers (R) introduced SB1607, 2014 Tennessee Firearms Freedom Act. On Tuesday the Senate committee voted to kill the bill.

While three Republicans (Campfield, Green and Bell) voted in favor of advancing the bill, three Republicans (Kelsey, Overby, and Stevens) joined Democrat Senator Finney against it. Senator Ford, a Democrat, abstained.

According to Michael Lotfi, "Those Republicans voting against the bill attempted to cite that federal law was supreme over state law, which would make Beavers' bill in violation of Article VI, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution. This clause is often cited as the 'Supremacy Clause.'"

"However, these Republicans are misinterpreting the clause," he continued. "The clause reads: 'This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land… [emphasis added].' This means that only laws, which are passed in pursuance to the federal Constitution, can be considered supreme over state laws."

Before anyone goes off on me for pointing these things out and tells me "Please stop the infighting," let me suggest that this is not "infighting." This is tyranny versus liberty, and it doesn't matter if it comes from the Republicans or the Democrats, the issue is how they overreach their authority and how they fail to defend the liberty of the people.

Notice that not all Republicans were against these bills. In fact, it was Republicans who introduced them. However, it should be clear that there are enough infiltrators in the Republican Party to demonstrate that they do not believe the rhetoric they espouse during election season.

These are the Republicans in name only that must be removed and replaced with men who will honor their oath and protect the liberty of the people.

There will also be those that say, "No, they are merely looking for 'common sense gun control.'" Oh yeah? Where does that end? I'll tell you. It ends where tyranny's gun control always ends: gun confiscation. Once that has been accomplished, the next step is extermination. That is the pattern that was historically followed all throughout the bloodiest century in history, the twentieth century. The most common cause of unnatural death during that time? Democide: Death by government. It's resulted in nearly 300 million people being murdered at the hands of their own governments. That's not a fear tactic, it's just the facts.

We would do well to remember the words of Patrick Henry:

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." Patrick Henry- June 5, 1788

Let's stop begging government to exercise the liberty that is to be protected and start demanding they do only that which they have been authorized to do.

Read more at While Obama & the Democrats are Seeking Gun Confiscation, State Republicans Are Squashing Gun Owner?s Rights : Freedom Outpost
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

2. Remove Ads

I've tipped my hate to the Republican party a long time ago, it seems now both parties want bigger government and more regulation of individual rights. I am now a registered Independent, with more likely a Libertarian platform. If Christie gets the nomination I'm voting for the Libertarian candidate.
    -Linny
    Yogi223 likes this.
    USMC 2009-2013 0341 Pfc-Cpl.
    OEF II 2 Pumps
    Escaped Californian
    My Blog http://renogunblog.blogspot.com/

I am registered strangely enough here as "other". For me it was supposed to be independent. How it became "other" who knows. However since there is are only Ds and Rs running and no "others" I cant vote in the local primaries. General election watch out cuz here I come. lol

That said I have been visited by some local candidates for Sheriff, and other offices. My first sentence about the time they finish giving me their name is: " I only need the answer to a couple of questions. One what do you think about gun control? Would you support repealing the requirement for a CCDW in our state or oppose it?

And finally will you vote to support a bill prohibiting enforcement of gun regulations in our state or would you oppose such a bill???""

If they even stutter before answering those questions with a very firm pro gun pro 2A answer the campaign ends at that point and I invite them to leave.

So far both candidates for Sheriff say they will not enforce and though they could not arrest a Fed officer for attempting to enforce federal law they can as Sheriff in their county tell said Federal agent to leave the county. And arrest for trespassing on the first opportunity presented. And would.

Havent had any anti gun answers but a few a bit whisy washy about the CCDW license repeal thing. And two that are for doing away with that requirement to carry concealed
    Surprisingly enough one of them is a Democrat. .
    tdave, Sister and Aceoky like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    I've tipped my hate to the Republican party a long time ago, it seems now both parties want bigger government and more regulation of individual rights. I am now a registered Independent, with more likely a Libertarian platform. If Christie gets the nomination I'm voting for the Libertarian candidate.
    -Linny
    ^^^I'm in the same boat word for word EXCEPTION regarding Christy. If the GOP votes split then we do not have a chance of taking away from the Dems. IF (and that's a big IF) Christy get's it I'd go for him way before any other party including libertarian which I do believe in but do not wish to risk hillary getting in. I registered Independent in '08, had enough of the GOP's mess too. Rand Paul is one of my favorites but I'd love to see Scott Walker run.
    Aceoky likes this.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

+1 for Rand Paul. My father met him and I do believe he's fir smaller government and pro 2nd Amendment.
    Aceoky and Ghost1958 like this.
    USMC 2009-2013 0341 Pfc-Cpl.
    OEF II 2 Pumps
    Escaped Californian
    My Blog http://renogunblog.blogspot.com/

Well said, Sister, well said! I've been telling people the same things, more and more lately because of the upcoming elections. An R inside the parentheses after somebody's name, doesn't mean diddly! Those very same (R)'s did a wonderful job of killing the Constitutional Carry bill for us in SC. Enemy's of liberty exist in every party.

I'm almost certain the forum's rules are why you decided to go with "Bad Man" when describing Larry Martin - because you were awfully nice.
    Aceoky and tdave like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    ^^^I'm in the same boat word for word EXCEPTION regarding Christy. If the GOP votes split then we do not have a chance of taking away from the Dems. IF (and that's a big IF) Christy get's it I'd go for him way before any other party including libertarian which I do believe in but do not wish to risk hillary getting in. I registered Independent in '08, had enough of the GOP's mess too. Rand Paul is one of my favorites but I'd love to see Scott Walker run.
    +1 on Scott Walker!!!!
    phreddy likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Christie doesn't have the support outside of NJ and doubt even within NJ thanks to the latest round of trash the "(R)" (which in his case stands for RINO anyway) just maybe they have learned a lesson about running people who do not represent the values of the south and "fly over country" in general - (but I doubt it) The REAL REP (who actually support the 2nd As Written) need to take the Senate - by a wide margin - that would do much more for gun owners IMO than who resides in the big white house.....
    Sister, Linny and tdave like this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    You have to be very careful of Republicans in SC. Many politicians decided they could not get elected as democrats so they changed parties and run as republicans. They try to vote conservative just enough to maintain that R but every if you look closely the D shines through.

Links