Well heck is staring to freeze over HI is close to shall issue now ..

This is a discussion on Well heck is staring to freeze over HI is close to shall issue now .. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Assuming this does not turn into some massive court battle but BREAKING: Ninth Circuit Makes Hawaii a Shall-Issue State | The Truth About Guns "In ...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 4 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 4 Post By GunnyBunny
  • 2 Post By RickyD
  • 1 Post By Bama61
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By CWOUSCG

Thread: Well heck is staring to freeze over HI is close to shall issue now ..

Well heck is staring to freeze over HI is close to shall issue now ..

Assuming this does not turn into some massive court battle but BREAKING: Ninth Circuit Makes Hawaii a Shall-Issue State | The Truth About Guns

"In light of our holding in Peruta, the district court made an error of law when it concluded that the Hawaii statues did not implicate protected Second Amendment activity. Accordingly, we vacate the district court’s decision denying Baker’s motion for a preliminary injunction and remand for further proceedings consistent with Peruta."

Now if only they figured out there bizarre mag cap limites ...

Ones hopes they go after NJ next.. But it is not part of the 9ths purview I think ..
    RickyD, CWOUSCG, ccw9mm and 1 others like this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    I think someone has replaced the Ninth Circuit with clones...

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Assuming this does not turn into some massive court battle but BREAKING: Ninth Circuit Makes Hawaii a Shall-Issue State | The Truth About Guns

"In light of our holding in Peruta, the district court made an error of law when it concluded that the Hawaii statues did not implicate protected Second Amendment activity. Accordingly, we vacate the district court’s decision denying Baker’s motion for a preliminary injunction and remand for further proceedings consistent with Peruta."

Now if only they figured out there bizarre mag cap limites ...

Ones hopes they go after NJ next.. But it is not part of the 9ths purview I think ..
    I'm from Alabama, WHAT DID THEY SAY???
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyD View Post
    I think someone has replaced the Ninth Circuit with clones...
    Who cares, if that's the way they're going to vote then "send in the clones".
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama61 View Post
    I'm from Alabama, WHAT DID THEY SAY???
    Basically, the 9th told the lower court to take the case back and reconsider given the Peruta decision - they are telling the lower court that they ruled in error when they upheld HI's arbitrary (my term) permit issue law.
    Aceoky and WrongRecroom like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    Who cares, if that's the way they're going to vote then "send in the clones".
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by RickyD View Post
    Basically, the 9th told the lower court to take the case back and reconsider given the Peruta decision - they are telling the lower court that they ruled in error when they upheld HI's arbitrary (my term) permit issue law.
    Thanks, I know we're slow down here but goog grief can't they speak English.
    RickyD likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    It would be nice if the bureaucrats in robes in all the other districts and in SCOTUS could take whatever the 9th has been smoking lately. That'd be great.

Precedent after precedent is what we need, here. DC (sort of), Chicago, California, Hawaii (maybe) ... hopefully the other spots will fall in the near future, including NYC, NJ, as well as every single other "might never issue" system of arbitrary denials that exists.

I can just see it, now: Ruth B.G. says, "I'll have what she's havin'."
    RickyD likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Wow. Just wow.
    Aceoky likes this.

Good news for HI...and it's about time.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    That may allow the honest citizens to carry concealed but what about the other tight gun laws? A friend there says it is very expensive to even own a gun for an active shooter in HI.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Quote Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
    That may allow the honest citizens to carry concealed but what about the other tight gun laws? A friend there says it is very expensive to even own a gun for an active shooter in HI.
    It's very expensive to choose paper or plastic, too. But that's Hawaii. Everything has to be floated in, more or less. (I'd hate to see DoubleTap's fee for sending a 1000rd case via FedEx to Hawaii.

Thankfully, with a marginal bit of sanity seeming to pervade the consciences of the robes in the courts, these days, perhaps the steamrolling of victories by SAF, GOA and NRA will continue. There is an entire truckload of unconstitutional RKBA crap still on the books needing to be cryogenically frozen.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
    It is not as bad as say NY/NJ etc ... Still a lot of paper work and checking to get one and resgrtion ... But you can own folding stock rifles and "hi cap " mag .... Unless they fit a handgun ... That is why HI is weird they only ban " assult handguns" and mags over 10 that fit a handgun .. So are 30 round ar/ak mags legal ... Depens on who you ask....
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Links