Good video: "No Guns for Negroes"

This is a discussion on Good video: "No Guns for Negroes" within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just came across a video which was created by "Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership" (JPFO), called "No Guns for Negroes". You can ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By RicT
  • 1 Post By KoB
  • 4 Post By msgt/ret
  • 3 Post By RicT

Thread: Good video: "No Guns for Negroes"

Good video: "No Guns for Negroes"

I just came across a video which was created by "Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership" (JPFO), called "No Guns for Negroes". You can find it on YouTube.

It lays out the history of gun control as an aspect of keeping civil rights from Black citizens beginning at the start of U.S. history and continuing on thru today.

In the video, one of the presenters (Ralph Conner, Chairman for CORE) even mentions that "We've got to stop the demonization of guns. We've got to encourage law-abiding citizens to arm themselves". The video compares the violence in the inner cities because of the War on Drugs, with the violence seen during Prohibition.

This is a video that I haven't seen mentioned here before, and it's relatively short (about 20 minutes long).
    DingBat, msgt/ret and gatorbait51 like this.

2. Remove Ads

KoB
    Um...so what's the purpose of this post?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KoB View Post
    I believe it is to highlight the racist beginnings of many gun laws, after slaves had just been freed and many assumed freemen would take up arms and retaliate against their former masters. Many early laws specified only certain arms may be carried usually far too expensive for freemen and other of low income. That was like the $200 tax under the NFA of 1934 only the wealthy could afford regulated weapons.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by KoB View Post
    Well, I thought it was obvious, but I guess not:
    To give others here another piece in their "arsenal" of arguments against the anti-gun people. The more information you have about how gun control was started, how wrong it is, how it doesn't work...the better off you are.
    Secret Spuk, CIBMike and BMcPhe44 like this.

Links