Illinois school handout teaches Second Amendment

This is a discussion on Illinois school handout teaches Second Amendment within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Illinois school handout teaches Second Amendment requires gun registration! Oh Yea! Illinois school handout teaches Second Amendment requires gun registration - National Policy & Issues ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Illinois school handout teaches Second Amendment

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

Illinois school handout teaches Second Amendment

Illinois school handout teaches Second Amendment requires gun registration! Oh Yea!

Illinois school handout teaches Second Amendment requires gun registration - National Policy & Issues | Examiner.com

Now the Blaze Version:

Middle School Workbook Reportedly Includes What Could Be the Most Outrageous Definition of the Second Amendment Yet | TheBlaze.com

Ya think the Founding Fathers wrote that! Thank you Teacher Union for the insight into how our country's Founding Fathers really thought!
    gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    Illinois school handout teaches Second Amendment requires gun registration! Oh Yea!

Illinois school handout teaches Second Amendment requires gun registration - National Policy & Issues | Examiner.com

Now the Blaze Version:

Middle School Workbook Reportedly Includes What Could Be the Most Outrageous Definition of the Second Amendment Yet | TheBlaze.com

Ya think the Founding Fathers wrote that! Thank you Teacher Union for the insight into how our country's Founding Fathers really thought!

If you read the whole Blaze article, you would have seen the "teacher's union" had nothing to do with this. It was an individual and it is being corrected. I get SOOOOO tired of everyone blaming the "teacher's union" for everything that individual teachers do. Should the "Christian Church" be blamed for the actions of the Phelp's clan?

Yep, Schools are no longer institutions of education.

They have become institutions of indoctrination.

The Three Rs aren't Reading, Riting, and Rithmatic,

They are now the Political Correct, environmentally friendly Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
    Wunderneun, gatorbait51 and Patti like this.

Not surprising coming from Illinois. Hope the tax payers decide to take back their state.

Distinguished Member
    Makes me sick!
    Ghost1958 and gatorbait51 like this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    If you read the whole Blaze article, you would have seen the "teacher's union" had nothing to do with this. It was an individual and it is being corrected. I get SOOOOO tired of everyone blaming the "teacher's union" for everything that individual teachers do. Should the "Christian Church" be blamed for the actions of the Phelp's clan?
    Had the Christian Church" endorsed the Phelp's clan then yes they should be held accountable! However the Teacher's Union since the 1960s have endorsed the stupidity of dumbing down the school systems. In 1960 instead of raising the standard of education within the inter-cities, they endorse lowering the standards for college admission in the Name of Equality! So now the inept ignorant teachers who were educated within this dumb down system are indoctrinating the little mush melons we send to schools! They show a propaganda movie and call it science! They use unfounded Sim-City computer models to prove Global Warming! Oh sorry the new word is Climate Change! If you go back twenty year when they first started using these models NOT ONE of them have been accurate!

REMEMBER SILENCE IS ACCEPTANCE! As long as the rank and file Teachers do not speak out and continue to take their pay checks and the retirement plans pay for by Our Social Security taxes, they a Culpable.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Had the Christian Church" endorsed the Phelp's clan then yes they should be held accountable! However the Teacher's Union since the 1960s have endorsed the stupidity of dumbing down the school systems. In 1960 instead of raising the standard of education within the inter-cities, they endorse lowering the standards for college admission in the Name of Equality! So now the inept ignorant teachers who were educated within this dumb down system are indoctrinating the little mush melons we send to schools! They show a propaganda movie and call it science! They use unfounded Sim-City computer models to prove Global Warming! Oh sorry the new word is Climate Change! If you go back twenty year when they first started using these models NOT ONE of them have been accurate!

REMEMBER SILENCE IS ACCEPTANCE! As long as the rank and file Teachers do not speak out and continue to take their pay checks and the retirement plans pay for by Our Social Security taxes, they a Culpable.
    Well past time to burn some so called school books.
    Ghost1958 and gatorbait51 like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

The problem could be avoided by abolishing the union.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

I find it interesting that you are blaming the Teachers' Union for the mandates passed down by the Government and the Dept of Education. That is where the dumbing down of our children comes from. The worse of these mandates by far was the "No Child Left Behind" fiasco, it should have been called "Every child left behind". Now the schools waste 3 weeks out of the year doing testing to prove they are teaching the kids instead of actually getting to teach them. The problem is not the union, the problem is the government.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Pretty sure that would be illegal under the Constitution.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    You may be pretty sure but I'm 100% sure it would not. There is absolutely nothing in the United States Constitution that addresses the right for workers to unionize. It's not there. The SCOTUS has bastardized parts of the document to make it stretch that far but it is clear the Founders never intended it in their language. In the correct political environment, we could and should eliminate all labor unions. Whether they were ever useful is debatable but it is clear that they are of no positive use now (and have not been for at least 70 years.)
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I find it interesting that you are blaming the Teachers' Union for the mandates passed down by the Government and the Dept of Education. That is where the dumbing down of our children comes from. The worse of these mandates by far was the "No Child Left Behind" fiasco, it should have been called "Every child left behind". Now the schools waste 3 weeks out of the year doing testing to prove they are teaching the kids instead of actually getting to teach them. The problem is not the union, the problem is the government.
    I concur. The federal government has no business being involved in education at all, and the Dept of Education should be abolished immediately.

I believe Ronald Reagan did it! I find your position puzzling, as the Teacher's Union has been in "lock step" with of the Department of Education changes and have helped implement said changes! I was extremely luck as my parents were able to put my sister and I thru parochial school! Trust me we were tested every week, our class size was 30+ and when I was transferred into a public high school most the classes were just getting to the information we were taught in the middle school with the exception of higher math!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Have you ever noticed when the government gets involved in anything, matters only get worse?
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

A little research into this would probably show that the teachers union was 1) not involved in this. 2) was not in favor of NCLB 3) went with NCLB because it was the law of the land, 4) freedom of association is in the law of the land, 5) unions do not adversely effect education.

The average student is better off in a union school, but students at either end of the achievement spectrum are better off in a non-union school. They hypothesize that this phenomenon is due to standardization of teaching and classroom policies that occurs under unionized school districts.1
    http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc...=rep1&type=pdf

As a tax payer, bang for the buck is important. Unions schools have more bang for the buck.

6) public schools are just as good and in many cases, better than private schools when results consider family income.
    Public school students are outscoring their demographic counterparts in private schools...at a level that is comparable to a few weeks to several months.
    Public schools beat private schools - Ideas - The Boston Globe

Over 90 thousand schools in the nation, several million class room teachers, and they all get tarred with an act of stupid by a couple of teachers in one school that makes the news. Very similar to all gun owners getting tarred by the acts of one schizophrenic gun owner in a movie theater.
    And like it or not, there is still a need for teachers unions, especially when the easiest way to cut the budget is to axe the most experienced teachers and hire the principals daughter or the chairman of the Board of Educations son-in-law.

This is a good read:
    The Answer Sheet - The real effect of teachers union contracts

If anything, it seems that the presence of teacher contracts in a state has a positive effect on achievement.

Now, some may object to this conclusion. They might argue that I can’t possibly say that teacher contracts alone caused the higher scores in these states. They might say that there are dozens of other observed and unobserved factors that influence achievement, such as state laws, lack of resources, income, parents’ education, and curriculum, and that these factors are responsible for the lower scores in the 10 non-contract states.

My response: Exactly.
    Aceoky and beyourowndog like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links