'Common-sense gun safety is bull,' says Bill Maher

This is a discussion on 'Common-sense gun safety is bull,' says Bill Maher within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Maher may have hit one out of the park with this rather candid admission, on television, that has gone viral on video. The so-called "common ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: 'Common-sense gun safety is bull,' says Bill Maher

Maher may have hit one out of the park with this rather candid admission, on television, that has gone viral on video.

The so-called "common sense gun safety" that is pandered by gun grabbers just might be best defined as "bull hockey" though I doubt that Mr. Maher actually meant it to come out that way.. But, that said, you gotta love liberals. Every now and then one of them goofs and spits out the truth...

Maher’s stunning admission: ‘Common-sense gun safety is bull’

Monday morning’s drive time discussion by KVI’s John Carlson for Seattle-area listeners that centered on the weekend’s media eruption over comedian Bill Maher’s suggestion that the Democrat party “come out against the Second Amendment” could have focused on Maher’s surprising candor that defined one of the gun prohibition lobby’s favorite semantics ploys about “gun safety.”

Maher's stunning admission: ?Common-sense gun safety is bull----? - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; March 25th, 2014 at 12:23 AM.

Distinguished Member
    He definitely called it like it is. I bet it's a shock to all the left wingers out there to hear it come from Maher but I sure wish/hope others understand what he seems to now.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

VIP Member
    Not a very well written article, but the point is Maher admits that "gun safety" is really a code phrase for gun control. He also admits - in fact proudly states - that most of the gun control lobby really wants to outlaw all guns completely, not just enact 'common sense' rules; they would like to repeal the 2A.

Maher is an idiot who would be a propaganda minister in the type of totalitarian society he supports, but he does say what he means. If the rest of the people on his side did the same, I suspect that the american people would have a much easier time making choices in elections.

I expect that many in the democratic party will run from this statement as fast and hard as they can.
    Wunderneun, cn262 and gatorbait51 like this.

Distinguished Member Array CIBMike's Avatar
    This won't change who he is.His statements I think are based in his anger that democrats won't go after the 2a like he thinks they should.
    gatorbait51, niks and Aceoky like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyD View Post
    Not a very well written article, but the point is Maher admits that "gun safety" is really a code phrase for gun control. He also admits - in fact proudly states - that most of the gun control lobby really wants to outlaw all guns completely, not just enact 'common sense' rules; they would like to repeal the 2A.

Maher is an idiot who would be a propaganda minister in the type of totalitarian society he supports, but he does say what he means. If the rest of the people on his side did the same, I suspect that the american people would have a much easier time making choices in elections.

I expect that many in the democratic party will run from this statement as fast and hard as they can.
    If Maher got what he so earnestly campaigns for , he's be among first to be liquidated.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

Distinguished Member Array CIBMike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorbait51 View Post
    If Maher got what he so earnestly campaigns for , he's be among first to be liquidated.
    Yes...........soft targets first.
    Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.
    The easy way is always mined.

Distinguished Member
    Still a moron!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

It would be interesting to watch the parts before and after that section for context, but it appears he did strip away some of the BS around what the Democrats are doing (which is not aligned with what they say they are doing or what they want to happen).

I was watching Bill Maher a year or so ago and he said that nobody should have firearms, except him. One of the people on the panel thought he was joking, but he replied that he is a public figure who gets death threats and therefore he needs a gun. That type of hypocritical thinking is consistent with most prominent / powerful liberals and Democrats - "I don't like guns but I need them, whereas you having them is just a danger to me."
    Aceoky, CIBMike and gatorbait51 like this.

Years ago, he was funny, now just sad.
    ETXhiker, Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    Is this in any way news? As in, is anyone confused about what the anti want?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Things gun forums have taught me:
    -Some people shoot guns other "run" them.
    -I don't dislike Glocks but often dislike Glock owners.
    -Open carry is to a handgun as bluetooth is to a cell phone!
    -Simple math can deliver posts per day... some gun forum members need to get out more!!!

I despise the sound of his name......
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by molleur View Post
    Still a moron!

That remark was an insult to morons world wide.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    Henceforth, the “Maher Principle” just might cover all the bases when the gun control crowd panders for “common-sense gun safety.” Now, courtesy of Mr. Maher, everybody knows exactly what that is.
    We've always known what it is.

So have the liberty haters spewing such dogma in the form of unconstitutional "legislation" they craft and support. They just can't call it what it really is, for the very real fear of alienating their themselves as attackers and destroyers of the Constitution and BOR.

Kudos to Maher for stating what's true.
    gatorbait51 and CIBMike like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Maher would make much more money if he'd actually make fun of both sides. Picking just one gives people like us a clear definition of what his dream society would look like. Scary stuff.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

One thing I find very confusing about anti gun people is ,they use the term common sense and show a complete lack of any sense. That opinion has been formed over years of observation.
    Aceoky, gatorbait51 and CIBMike like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links