Unbelievable! Sheepdog converts to sheep

This is a discussion on Unbelievable! Sheepdog converts to sheep within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs...WS08/612310301 This guy was shot in a robbery, now... Prior to the trial, Mr. Moore said he carried a gun, but not any more. If ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable! Sheepdog converts to sheep

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs...WS08/612310301

This guy was shot in a robbery, now...

Prior to the trial, Mr. Moore said he carried a gun, but not any more. If anything, he said, the attack has softened him, made him more tolerant.

The biggest test came about six months afterwards when he passed a man trying to hitch a ride one night. In the past, he wouldn't have thought twice about picking him up. This time "It felt like a test by a higher force to see if I would rise to the occasion," he said.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Tolerant ... of being attacked by not offering a defense, goin' with the flow? To my way of thinking, that's called buckling on the occasion, not rising to it. His sad puppy dog eyes didn't thwart the two attackers who were bent on killing him; only their poor aim and luck did. Had he been armed and brought it to bear, perhaps he'd not have been victimized.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I think the doctors said it best

"... They determined in the hospital I have an extremely thick skull."

It sounds to me like he is trying to hide from life a little now, not just having a change of view on guns.
    Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.
    Muhammad Ali

Administrator
    The guy is a total ~like Fruit Loop.
    There are some toys missing out of his attic and his lights are on upstairs but, there ain't nobody home.

I won't say any more than that.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Sense Of Freedom And Invincibility?

Prior to the trial, Mr. Moore said he carried a gun, but not any more. If anything, he said, the attack has softened him, made him more tolerant.

The biggest test came about six months afterwards when he passed a man trying to hitch a ride one night. In the past, he wouldn't have thought twice about picking him up. This time "It felt like a test by a higher force to see if I would rise to the occasion," he said.

He did, and as Mr. Moore picked up the man, he felt a surge of freedom and invincibility. I felt that [in life] you've got to take risks," he said. "You can't build an eggshell around you."

This guy's new acquisition of 'stupidity' is an accident looking for a place to happen...he'll find it!

STAY ARMED...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

"The two were arrested and convicted in the shooting death of a Toledo woman that took place 11 days later, thanks to Mr. Moore's testimony"

How about this: The shooting death of a Toledo woman took place 11 days later, thanks to Mr. Moore's failure to effectively defend himself by terminating the lives of the criminals who kidnapped and threatened his life with deadly force.

Some where there is a post that a Fl newspaper story reported that more BG's are shooting and killing their victims if they show no resistance. Not sure if this relates or not but just for thought.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    This guy is obviously not a student of (his own) history! Therefore, he will be doomed to repeat it. One chooses to be a victim or a survivor. I wonder if he thinks he can negotiate with the next BG/terrorist that sees him as easy prey. What's happening to our gene pool?
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Assistant Administrator
    I think the guy received a blow to head which has soured his common sense and self-preservation centers.

No right-minded person could otherwise make this absurd change.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

This guy was never a sheepdog. He was, and is an individual with a cowboy complex. I would be willing to bet that as he was growing up he watched a lot of the old spaghetti westerns and figured he could do the thigns he saw on the screen. When actually confronted, he caved. So what if he had had a permit. I know people that have theirs in NC because it simplifies the buying process. They have no more intent to carry a weapon than I have to wear my wifes underthingies.

I guess that guy has bulletproof feelings now.
    Proud member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy:
    http://www.xanga.com/jaltered

{armchair QB}He probably never had the intestinal fortitude to begin with. When the going got tough, the tough tucked tail.{/armchair QB}

Purple88 and Packinnova are right.

This guy was never a sheepdog. I don't remember where I heard this phrase but here it is: "Carrying a gun makes you a pistolero as much as buying a piano makes you a musician".

This guy bought his little 38 or 45 good luck charm and felt he was protected from the bad guys.

He never considered what a violent attack would be like and when it happened, he wasn't prepared in the least.

These guys might have shot me, too but they would have to be ducking return fire while shooting.

It's sad that the media has to keep publishing these "lessons learned" in their attempt to keep the sheep. . . .well . . . .sheep.

Maybe they think we have a wool shortage.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xercise2nd View Post
    "The two were arrested and convicted in the shooting death of a Toledo woman that took place 11 days later, thanks to Mr. Moore's testimony"

How about this: The shooting death of a Toledo woman took place 11 days later, thanks to Mr. Moore's failure to effectively defend himself by terminating the lives of the criminals who kidnapped and threatened his life with deadly force.
    Let me get this straight:
    The guy eschews guns now, even though he's been a victim of guys who tried to kill him;
    The same guys he declined to defend against then went on to murder a woman?
    I can say I kind of hope two additional murderers find their way to him once again and this time have better aim. What a waste of oxygen.

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Wow. The attack turned him into a babbling idiot.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links