Assault vehicles

This is a discussion on Assault vehicles within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; [Warning, sarcasm follows] I propose a nationwide ban on assault vehicles. These military style vehicle are a danger to our society. Our police force have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assault vehicles

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar

Assault vehicles

[Warning, sarcasm follows]

I propose a nationwide ban on assault vehicles.
    These military style vehicle are a danger to our society. Our police force have sometimes found themselves out driven by these deadly conveyances. There is no reason for a citizen of a civilized nation to own a Hummvee.

We can recognize these dangerous assault vehicles by specific features.

First is 4 wheel drive. 4WD makes the vehicle easier to control when driving over pedestrians, curbs and off road. A criminal with a 4WD will have the advantage over police when driving in snow, ice, or off road.

Fuel capacity: No vehicle equipped to run on gasoline or diesel fuel should have a gas tank of greater volume than 15 gallons.

Cupolas: An opening in the top of a vehicle to allow the placement of a machine gun. Any opening greater than 6" shall be banned.

Towing pintle: Hook type towing pintles are used to tow artillery. Nobody should be driving around with a howitzer so they have to go.

After we ban the assault vehicles, we need to rid high speed vehicles (any that can go over 90 MPH), Saturday night special cars (like the Geo Metro) and of course the evil concealable motorcycles.

Any cars that are left will have a plaster cast of the front bumper stored in a national archive so that we can match it to any crimes committed with that vehicle.

All tires sold have raised serial numbers on the tread so we can link tire prints to the vehicle's owner.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Warcrimes View Post
    4WD makes the vehicle easier to control when driving over pedestrians...

Dang, there goes my pick-em up. Mine actually has two hitches with tow hooks set up around both of em, one in front and one in back, what do they say about that?

I argue that we should get ride of the rice-burners first, they have lighter weight and greater velocity than my heavy, slower moving pick-em up, hence they have greater penetration abilities.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye07 View Post
    I argue that we should get ride of the rice-burners first, they have lighter weight and greater velocity than my heavy, slower moving pick-em up, hence they have greater penetration abilities.
    Yes, yes! It's a deadly armor piercing vehicle! They are a favorite weapon of terrorists and easily available at bike shows. Ban them!
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye07 View Post

Why does this debate of (light and fast) vs. (heavy and slow) ring a bell

Daddy Warcrimes, What have you started?
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Well, considering these deadly objects kill more people every year than firearms, this idea may have some merit! Are you aware that people are able to get permits to operate these things without fingerprinting or extensive background checks? Absolutely unbelievable.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Lead Moderator
    yeah, those deadly All terrain tires really grip pedestrians and small toyotas.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Mmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by 4my son View Post
    Why does this debate of (light and fast) vs. (heavy and slow) ring a bell

Daddy Warcrimes, What have you started?
    I used to have a Mini Cooper...for CD (concealed driving)...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Folks, this is closer to an uncomfortable reality than many would think. Consider the following:

1. For the government intent on tightly controlling a large population in a country as large as the USA the most paramount concern is MOVEMENT.

2. Paved roads and vehicle traffic makes interdiction fairly easy. Road blocks and patrols. If somebody is intent on avoiding the road blocks and surveillance what are the options? The first thing that pops into my tactical senseabilities is cross country travel. That means FOUR WHEEL DRIVE and decent clearance. I'm not talking the wannabe Toyota RAV 4. But the Toyota Land Cruiser (We used to call them Land Crushers)? You bet!

3. How to attack the problem? Can't come right out and say what the long range plan entails. The unwashed masses would never stand for it. The thing to do is to get the ignorant involved in the seeds of their own destruction. Villify the vehicles and the Lone Wolf types who own them as bloated red neck gas guzzlers and good only for damaging the environment. Relics of a past long gone. Time for the dinosaurs to move over and get civilized. If there is zero ability or chance to go offroad, then it's fairly easy to exert control. Identify the choke points and send out roving patrols.

4. One important side benefit of a successful ban on 4x4s is the obvious eradication of sport hunting. If the hunter can't access the hunting grounds or have a way to extract any sort of large game animal from the killsite, he has no more reason to own a "sporting purpose" long arm. Now the Hunting rifle becomes an ultra long range SNIPER RIFLE. The only folks able to hunt will be the ultra chic elite who canafford to hunt on a private "estate" or who can afford to hire pack horses and a professional guide.

It's not just the environmentalists and greenies who are involved inthis insidious conspiracy. Consider the international companies.

Folks like XEROX, Levi Strauss, and oh yeah, Microsoft.

What does Bill Gates have to do with all this?

A few years ago, he donated some $300,000 of his ownconsiderable wealth to advance a total ban onsemiautos in Washington State. He's got beau coup body guards but he's intent on denying the little people the right and the ability to defend oneself.... or one's family.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    You can have Elly May when you pry my dead big fat butt from the seat
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Hey, I'm not giving up my All Wheel Drive Subaru!

Hey, I just test drove the new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon the other day. It rocks! 4 doors, lots of clearance, big tires, all the 4wd suspension upgrades, built like a tank. If only I had $35,000 extra for a bugout truck! Oh well, I guess my Tacoma will have to do...
    Check out the Free State Project

How does the economy really work? Mises Institute

Laissez Faire Books offers an extensive collection of books on liberty, free markets, philosophy, economics, politics and history.

Don't forget about the deadly "semi" or "fully" automatic vehicles. They are particularly dangerous in the wrong hands. Some of them actually have computerized components that potentially could start thinking for themselves.
    Walk steathly - and carry a big Springfield.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    $35,000 for the pathetic reliability record of Jeep/Chrysler products is laughable to me.

Take a look at Consumer Reports when it comes to Jeep, and look at all the black circles. I wouldn't spend half that on a Jeep, if you'll pardon me.

Built like a tank? I don't believe that's been true of Jeeps since the late '70s.

Lightbulb Got to agree...

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    $35,000 for the pathetic reliability record of Jeep/Chrysler products is laughable to me.

Take a look at Consumer Reports when it comes to Jeep, and look at all the black circles. I wouldn't spend half that on a Jeep, if you'll pardon me.

Built like a tank? I don't believe that's been true of Jeeps since the late '70s.
    Bingo on all counts. Jeep hasn't been a decent 4x4 since it was the good old M151A1 Quarter Ton we drove in the army.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links