Testimony: Actor pulled gun on daughter's ex

This is a discussion on Testimony: Actor pulled gun on daughter's ex within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If I remember correctly, Paul Sorvino left Law & Order because he refused to portray gun owners in a bad light. http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/01/17/so...ion=cnn_latest Testimony: Actor pulled ...

Thread: testimony: Actor pulled gun on daughter's ex

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

testimony: Actor pulled gun on daughter's ex

If I remember correctly, Paul Sorvino left Law & Order because he refused to portray gun owners in a bad light.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/01/17/so...ion=cnn_latest

testimony: Actor pulled gun on daughter's ex
    POSTED: 4:46 p.m. EST, January 17, 2007
    Story Highlights• Daughter testifies actor pulled gun on her ex-boyfriend
    • Boyfriend was angry and made threats, she says
    • Judge grants protective order

Adjust font size:
    STROUDSBURG, Pennsylvania (AP) -- "Goodfellas" actor Paul Sorvino pulled a gun on his daughter's ex-boyfriend after the man pounded on her hotel door and made threats, the daughter testified.

"He got in my father's face and said, 'Go ahead, Paul, shoot, I ain't done nothing wrong,' " Amanda Sorvino, 36, told a Monroe County judge.

The judge granted her request for a protection-from-abuse order against Daniel Snee, 21.

Amanda Sorvino testified Snee threatened to kill her at a hotel January 3 in Stowe, Vermont; she said she locked herself in the bathroom and called both police and her father.

Her 67-year-old father showed up before police, she testified. When police arrived, the young man was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct, she said.

Sorvino said that she met Snee when he was hired to care for her horses and that they began dating, but that the relationship soured. She said he then began threatening her, and her father "if he ever got in the way."

Sorvino testified that although the threat happened in another state, she wanted a court order that would protect her at another home she has in Monroe County. The order lasts for three years.

Snee could not be reached for comment because he was jailed in Vermont, it was not immediately clear if he has lawyer.

Paul Sorvino, the star of 1982's "That Championship Season," did not accompany his daughter to court Tuesday. His screen credits also include roles in "Goodfellas" and "The Cooler."

He is also the father of Mira Sorvino, who won an Oscar for her role in Woody Allen's 1995 comedy "Mighty Aphrodite."
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I'm glad to hear that dad n' daughter are ok.

I stopped watching L&O partially due to their ridiculous portrayal of all FFL dealers being weasels and gun owners being idiots and/or helpless untrained fools.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Good to hear that not everyone from Hollywood is a complete dolt and out of touch with reality. I wasn't aware he was on L&O, though. Humph.

Good move, Paul.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

I remember seeing Paul Sorvino several years ago being interviewed coming out of a gun range. He was clearly very pro gun and pro second amendment! My kind of movie star!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

one of the few pro gun actors he was on the very early law and orders

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Wow Mr. Sorvino is a deputy!

Plus check out some of the other facts here:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,244498,00.html

Police Chief Says Actor Paul Sorvino Was Legally Armed When He Pulled Gun During Confrontation

Thursday , January 18, 2007

STOWE, Vt. — "Goodfellas" actor Paul Sorvino, who pulled a gun on his daughter Amanda's ex-boyfriend in a confrontation, was allowed to carry it and never pointed it at the man, police Chief Ken Kaplan said Wednesday.

Amanda Sorvino, 36, told a Monroe County judge in Stroudsburg, Pa., on Tuesday, that she had locked herself in a bathroom and called both police and her father after the man pounded on her Stowe Motel room door and made threats on Jan. 3.

"He got in my father's face and said, `Go ahead, Paul, shoot, I ain't done nothing wrong,'" Amanda Sorvino testified. The judge granted her request for a protection-from-abuse order against Daniel Snee, 21, of Effort, Pa.

• Read about more highbrow hijinx in the Celebrities in Trouble Center.

Sorvino, a deputy sheriff in Pennsylvania, is entitled to carry a weapon from state to state, Kaplan said.

"He expressly stated there was no way through his training that he aimed the gun at this person, he didn't even threaten him," Kaplan said of Sorvino. "He just said, `I have a gun, I want you to stay away from my daughter, back off,' because the guy was out of control, and he was."

An affidavit filed by Stowe police Officer Frederick Whitcomb said Amanda Sorvino had broken up with Snee earlier that night.

After being arrested, a handcuffed Snee escaped through an open window of a police cruiser and was found hiding in trees behind the motel about an hour later, the affidavit said. He was charged with escape and disorderly conduct.

The affidavit said Snee had a blood alcohol content of 0.175, more than double the legal limit for driving in Vermont.

He was being held Wednesday at the St. Johnsbury Regional Correctional Facility in lieu of $5,000 bail.

Paul Sorvino starred in 1982's "That Championship Season." His film credits also include "Goodfellas" and "The Cooler."

He is also the father of Mira Sorvino, who won an Oscar for her role in Woody Allen's 1995 comedy "Mighty Aphrodite."

"Goodfellas" actor Paul Sorvino, who pulled a gun on his daughter Amanda's ex-boyfriend in a confrontation, was allowed to carry it and never pointed it at the man, police Chief Ken Kaplan said Wednesday.

Amanda Sorvino, 36, told a Monroe County judge in Stroudsburg, Pa., on Tuesday, that she had locked herself in a bathroom and called both police and her father after the man pounded on her Stowe Motel room door and made threats on Jan. 3.

"He got in my father's face and said, `Go ahead, Paul, shoot, I ain't done nothing wrong,'" Amanda Sorvino testified. The judge granted her request for a protection-from-abuse order against Daniel Snee, 21, of Effort, Pa.

Sorvino, a deputy sheriff in Pennsylvania, is entitled to carry a weapon from state to state, Kaplan said.

"He expressly stated there was no way through his training that he aimed the gun at this person, he didn't even threaten him," Kaplan said of Sorvino. "He just said, `I have a gun, I want you to stay away from my daughter, back off,' because the guy was out of control, and he was."

An affidavit filed by Stowe police Officer Frederick Whitcomb said Amanda Sorvino had broken up with Snee earlier that night.

After being arrested, a handcuffed Snee escaped through an open window of a police cruiser and was found hiding in trees behind the motel about an hour later, the affidavit said. He was charged with escape and disorderly conduct.

The affidavit said Snee had a blood alcohol content of 0.175, more than double the legal limit for driving in Vermont.

He was being held Wednesday at the St. Johnsbury Regional Correctional Facility in lieu of $5,000 bail.

Paul Sorvino starred in 1982's "That Championship Season." His film credits also include "Goodfellas" and "The Cooler."

"Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    hm, that's interesting. So, did he actually draw his weapon or not? Doesn't sound like it from that quote, but the headline says otherwise (I think I'm less inclined to believe the headline).

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Something I read seemed to say that he did have the gun out, and a quote attributed to the daughter said that the boyfriend challenged Paul Sorvino to shoot him, because he "ain't done nothing wrong."

That was in the story I read in the paper.

edit: Whoop, actually, that part's written in the story at the top of this thread, too.
    If Sorvino didn't have the gun out, why would the guy have asked about being shot?

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Something I read seemed to say that he did have the gun out, and a quote attributed to the daughter said that the boyfriend challenged Paul Sorvino to shoot him, because he "ain't done nothing wrong."

That was in the story I read in the paper.

edit: Whoop, actually, that part's written in the story at the top of this thread, too.
    If Sorvino didn't have the gun out, why would the guy have asked about being shot?
    maybe because he said so?

He just said, `I have a gun, I want you to stay away from my daughter, back off,'

hm, that's interesting. So, did he actually draw his weapon or not? Doesn't sound like it from that quote, but the headline says otherwise
    Sounds like he drew to "Low Ready" or just had the gun in hand at his side.

Distinguished Member Array 4my son's Avatar
    The part that struck me was
    Amanda Sorvino testified Snee threatened to kill her at a hotel January 3 in Stowe, Vermont; she said she locked herself in the bathroom and called both police and her father.

Her 67-year-old father showed up before police,
    I am normaly a L & O fan, but several of the shows had left me with a bad taste in my mouth.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Links