NRA Endorses S.C. Gov Nikki Haley

This is a discussion on NRA Endorses S.C. Gov Nikki Haley within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Speaking only on the 2A ,i'm glad we have a governor that isn't anti gun in anyway..Obviously,no Gov is going to please everyone.. I'm glad ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: NRA Endorses S.C. Gov Nikki Haley

Speaking only on the 2A ,i'm glad we have a governor that isn't anti gun in anyway..Obviously,no Gov is going to please everyone.. I'm glad there are Governors in other states that feels the way she does. I look at what some of the anti gun governors has done and it's baffling..Gov Haley said she would sign a bill that would allow OCing no permit,nor any required training..I guess we have a couple of anti gun state leaders who doesn't feel the same way. I realize we need to train and learn gun safety.I also know a couple of moms who are struggling and they just don't have the money for the cwp class and permit.

https://www.nrapvf.org/articles/2014...south-carolina

SC Gov. Haley says she backs carrying firearms without permits, training

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...E-1AeFVEqIJZ9Q

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey88 View Post
    Speaking only on the 2A ,i'm glad we have a governor that isn't anti gun in anyway..Obviously,no Gov is going to please everyone.. I'm glad there are Governors in other states that feels the way she does. I look at what some of the anti gun governors has done and it's baffling..Gov Haley said she would sign a bill that would allow OCing no permit,nor any required training..I guess we have a couple of anti gun state leaders who doesn't feel the same way. I realize we need to train and learn gun safety.I also know a couple of moms who are struggling and they just don't have the money for the cwp class and permit.

These people can get training, not a $500.00 a weekend but buy the gun, go to the range, tell the RO of lack of experience. Oddly enough, plenty of people will be glad to help.

Good for Nikki!
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    Gov Haley is pro gun for sure.Sadly we do have some in office that are anti gun.I believe about every state has one or two.I know when my sister wanted to take the class,she was trying to pay for two in college.With her husband being a cop,he doesn't exactly rake in big bucks.When she said she would like to take the class but couldn't afford it,i figured she was probably worth the $120.00 it would cost, lol.

VIP Member
    The 2A has no training language and while I believe in training, I do not believe it should be required to carry.

I like a lot of what Nikki Haley has done. She has created jobs, eliminated state waste in healthcare and made many other good decisions. I wish we had such a good choice in GA!

There was one Republican state senator in the upstate that killed the open carry/Constitutional carry bill in commitee. That is why it never made it to a vote. Can't remember the RINO's name but it doesn't really matter since I can't vote against him here.

Haley has seemed like an okay governor so far. She stood up for Boeing when Obama wanted them shut down since they are non union. You have to remember that the gov position is very week in SC. They have less power than in other states due to some changes during reconstruction. I'll vote for her again. Lindsey Grahamnesty is a different topic.

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    i believe in OC to the fullest. I also believe in proper handgun training. Many people go buy a gun and then break every safety rule there is with it.

I know there are people that live from pay check to pay check and have difficulty paying the utility bills. Some people claim to be like that but waste more money than they let be known. While I am all for OC and I think it should be allowed in all states, I say there needs to be some free training classes taught by volunteer certified instructors. Surely someone would want to donate some of their time.

Around here, to get a concealed carry permit will run close to $350 before all is done. There is about $125 training class and four hours of one's time. There is a $25 fingerprint charge. There is a $10 passport photo charge. There are three notary signatures needed at $20 each. There will be a charge for certified copies of divorce papers, all arrests, any court documents that may deal with the lifestyle of the person, there is a $125 permit feel and no assurances of being accepted. BTW: If you have not lived in the state continously for the last 15 yrs, then there is another $75 fee.

For many, this totals up to a week's take home pay or more. For a free socieity, the government sticks it to us to be law abiding citizens.

So my thoughts is OC should be free but so should the training for the lower economic level and for those ladies trying to get away from abusive spouses. Owning a gun does not assure knowledge of use and law.

Hats off to the pro gun politicians.

I am off my soapbox now.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    As one who grew up in South Carolina and lived there until I was 23, (and where I still have family) I watch with no small amount of jealousy the pro-2A stance of many in my former state compared to where I live now (totally anti-gun).
    Kasey88 and gatorbait51 like this.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by Kasey88 View Post
    I realize we need to train and learn gun safety.I also know a couple of moms who are struggling and they just don't have the money for the cwp class and permit.

When it comes to gun rights Gov Haley rocks..We do need training but as one said,you can get some for free or a small fee..There is an indoor range not far from me,that has ex LEOs who are NRA range Masters.It costs $20.00 to shoot and that's for all day..If you ask those guys to help you they will and there is no charge for that. In fact unless it's changed,range fees are free on Tuesdays for females.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    I have a nephew who works for the SC Sheriff's association.... says open carry in SC has ZERO chance of ever passing in SC. Says there is almost no real support for it other than some occasional lip service when the audience is right.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Things gun forums have taught me:
    -Some people shoot guns other "run" them.
    -I don't dislike Glocks but often dislike Glock owners.
    -Open carry is to a handgun as bluetooth is to a cell phone!
    -Simple math can deliver posts per day... some gun forum members need to get out more!!!

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    I have a nephew who works for the SC Sheriff's association.... says open carry in SC has ZERO chance of ever passing in SC. Says there is almost no real support for it other than some occasional lip service when the audience is right.

While i wouldn't bet on anything i believe what you said is true.I very rarely hear of any one,or any groups pushing for OC,at least not in my area.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I wish South Carolina would get better reciprocity.
    § 20. Right to keep and bear arms.

Section 20. A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreational use.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    NRA backing her? No brainer!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    There was one Republican state senator in the upstate that killed the open carry/Constitutional carry bill in commitee. That is why it never made it to a vote. Can't remember the RINO's name but it doesn't really matter since I can't vote against him here.

Haley has seemed like an okay governor so far. She stood up for Boeing when Obama wanted them shut down since they are non union. You have to remember that the gov position is very week in SC. They have less power than in other states due to some changes during reconstruction. I'll vote for her again. Lindsey Grahamnesty is a different topic.
    I think his name was Vieters or something like that. But, I think he is gone now. So, I hope we can get some more changes this go'round. The director of SLED is another guy who wants to keep OC illegal & Constitutional Carry out of our state. But, I think we will stay strong this November and I hope we will see some more significant changes next year.
    MMinSC and gatorbait51 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    We have WAY TOO MANY RINOs in the Senate. Did you know RINOs are part chameleon?
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

There was a long drawn-out fight just to get concealed carry in restaurants due to a couple anti-gun state politicians. I don't see OC being any easier. And Yes, Nikki Haley rocks!
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links