A whole passle of gun control bills are out

This is a discussion on A whole passle of gun control bills are out within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Lookie here for the bad news http://www.jpfo.org/alert20070122.htm...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar

Lookie here for the bad news

http://www.jpfo.org/alert20070122.htm
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news folks but its only going to get worse. This whole new lot of yo-yo's in Washington are ready and willing to desicrate the intent that the framers of the constitution had in mind. They don't believe that the American people have a right to keep and bear arms and they will work tirelessly to take our "right" away.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Gotta agree w/ UPSnTx...it'll get much worse before it gets any better.

Get your AR's & AK's, now, while you can. And get'em in private sales, if possible.

Ditto on your SKS's, and even BAR's and Remington 7400 & 7600's.

I've got a BUNCH of spare mags for my XD 45 and Witness.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

VIP Member
    It's going to be a hard fight coming up. Need to keep in touch with the royalty...er... elected officials who theoretically work for me.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Be AFRAID. very AFRAID ,Im scared

Quote Originally Posted by .45forme View Post
    Be AFRAID. very AFRAID ,Im scared
    You ain't the only one that's scared.

Maybe we should be less afraid and more resolved to fight for our rights and not sit back and take it from these cretins.

I'm sorry but anyone who wants to take my rights away from me is in for one hell of a fight from me.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by PT-111 View Post
    Maybe we should be less afraid and more resolved to fight for our rights and not sit back and take it from these cretins.

I'm sorry but anyone who wants to take my rights away from me is in for one hell of a fight from me.
    Well said.
    PC has become the term for Political Cowardice.

Before everyone gets into a panic over these bills that were introduced, you might just check the status of them and actually see if they see the light of day in the committee they have to go through before they actually see the house floor.

If in fact they come up for debate in the committee and get some consideration, they might actually get to the house floor. Then they also have to be passed by the senate, and then signed by the president.

So I personally am not going to get into any fear frenzy over something that has just been introduced and hasn't even come before a committe yet. Many many many things are proposed each legislative session that don't see the light of day.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    http://www.congress.org

I go them often for things like this. You can email your rep's there.
    For God, Family and Country!

Unfortunately the moderate Dem's that got the election aren't the one's in charge. The crazy radical Dem's are the ones that will keep these bills in every one's face. When the republicans had control over these bills would be ignored. Now the we have the democratic elitist in control Congress marches to a different drummer.

Administrator
    Time to send some more $moolah$ to the N.R.A.

They are about the best chance that we have to keep from getting smacked on the head with bans & over~restrictions.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Unfortunately the moderate Dem's that got the election aren't the one's in charge. The crazy radical Dem's are the ones that will keep these bills in every one's face. When the republicans had control over these bills would be ignored. Now the we have the democratic elitist in control Congress marches to a different drummer.
    Right, cause only the Dems are elitist people not looking out for the American people.

Bush himself said he would sign another assault weapons ban. The important thing to do is see if these bills are getting any headway in their respective committees and then if so, contact your congress critters about it.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

I wasn't trying to give the Republikeins a free pass or condemn all the Dem's. I was just making a point that the republicans were holding the subset "elitist crazy radicals" at bay(the one's now in control) not the ones that were just elected who are OK on gun control issues. The republikeins have much to answer for on other issues. Neither side of the political divide cares for us. That's why I'm a registered Independent. Not that that will stop armageddon from coming. I also grant that gun control is a wedge issue used by many democrats(I wish it was not true).
    -Diplomacy: The art of saying nice dogie until you can find a rock.
    -The truth is a three edged sword.
    -Your brain is your primary weapon everything else is just a tool.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

We don't have to worry about them trying to pass laws to take our guns. At first I thought we did, but then I relaxed after the post-election dicussions on this board.

Don't worry folks, just go back and review all of the posts after the election where members of this forum were telling us that the Democrats who are in the "new majority" are conservative and pro-gun. It will help you relax.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links