IHOP Customers Repeatedly Shocked With Stun Gun, 1 Shot During

This is a discussion on IHOP Customers Repeatedly Shocked With Stun Gun, 1 Shot During within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://news.yahoo.com/s/wkmg/2007013...E0BHNlYwN0bWE- IHOP Customers Repeatedly Shocked With Stun Gun, 1 Shot During Robbery Wed Jan 31, 6:48 PM ET Four men dressed in hoods stormed into ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

http://news.yahoo.com/s/wkmg/2007013...E0BHNlYwN0bWE-

IHOP Customers Repeatedly Shocked With Stun Gun, 1 Shot During Robbery Wed Jan 31, 6:48 PM ET

Four men dressed in hoods stormed into a Seminole County International House of Pancakes and repeatedly shocked several customers with a stun gun before shooting a man during a robbery, according to police.

Investigators said the men entered the restaurant located at 700 state Road 4346 in Casselberry, Fla., and terrorized guests and employees inside the restaurant.

During the robbery, several patrons were shocked by an electric weapon and two employees were pistol whipped.

Police said a middle-aged restaurant customer was shot in the chest during an altercation with the culprits before they fled the store.

The victim who was shot was transported to the Orlando Regional Medical Center Trauma Unit in stable condition.

A worker at the hospital who spoke with the family of the victim told Local 6 News that the men went from customer to customer shocking them with a Taser gun.

Several other people inside the business were treated for minor injuries after being shocked.

The men were seen getting into a light-colored Chevrolet Camaro with a dark stripe on it.

Casselberry police are investigating reports of a second car possibly involved in the crime.

Investigators are reviewing surveillance video for evidence.

Anyone with information concerning this crime is urged to call Crimeline at 800-423-TIPS.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

This happened near me. This is "my IHOP" -- that is, when I go to IHOP, this is the one I go to.

I'm not sure what I would have done if I was there.

Inventions work both ways, good and bad guys.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

I would like more info on the guy that got shot. Was he resisting and in what way?

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    I would like more info on the guy that got shot. Was he resisting and in what way?
    This happened a scant few miles from my home.

The patron who was shot was trying to defend the woman that the perpetrator was repeatedly shocking with the stun gun, according to the local news.

The video doesn't catch the shooting, but it does show the 4 perpetrators coming in and rushing the cashier.

This is very rare for this area. Another reason to carry every time you go out.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

The BG don't care where they go to rob people. I wish the victim would have had a gun. The bad guys were torturing the woman for no reason. I live about five miles from this Ihop. Sure do hope the cops get these BGs before they hurt anyone else. The guy who hit the BG over the head with the chair had guts

I too live nearby this place and have eaten there many times. Story as told by niece of the guy who was shot on the Philips Phile radio show today said the BG's came in, they were pistol whipping employees and holding up customers, When they approached the table where the guy was, they suddenly began attacking the young woman he was with. It was his grand daughter, who had been outside on her cell phone. The BGs had past her entering the place, and when she came back in they thought she had called the police. The girl's father came to her rescue and began fighting with the BGs, who then used a taser on him, at that point the grandfather grabbed a nearby high chair and began beating the BGs, who then shot him in the chest. Amazingly the bullet went completely through him, yet struck no vital areas AND this guy had heart surgery just a few eeks earlier !! He was released from the hospital today. That is one very brave and very tough grand dad.

If at least one person who knew what they were doing and had their CW on them, was nearby, things might have ended differently for these bad guys. Instead of being hit with a chair, the Coroner would be picking the slugs from their dead bodies during their autopsies.

Or at least I'd like to think so. Things are getting nasty around Central FL lately.

one ccw on 4 perps (if they all had guns) is not real good odds. Don't know exactly I'd handle it. Hope it never happens.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Wow, that is one skookum Grandfather, glad he is going to be ok, I hope they nail these guys hard.

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    I too live nearby this place and have eaten there many times. Story as told by niece of the guy who was shot on the Philips Phile radio show today...
    I listened to that show and it enraged me. He can be (or at least act like) an idiot sometimes.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Unless I was caught way off guard - I don't think they would have shocked me or any of my family. Good chance their actions would have caused them to be carried out unless they ran out first.
    For God, Family and Country!

If I were insane and took the politically-correct and popular avenue, I'd say: Sue the IHOP restaurant business for failure to provide a safe eating environment. Yeah, that'll do it.

But given that I've got three brain cells and can discern between irrelevant twaddle and steps that will actually help in such quick-moving scenarios, I'd say: Given that the dial-a-prayer line is still on the fritz, it's time for such folks to get trained, armed and comfortable with it, 'cause that's about the only thing that can prevent being one of those who get zapped or capped. Four intruders into a restaurant? Heck, there should easily have been a dozen armed customers in there who could stand up and withstand this sort of attack ... if this were a practical society with common sense. This should have ended up with a few body bags and/or perps under guard, with dozens of witnesses praising the actions of the few who rose to defend everyone.

Sheep will never learn, seemingly.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; February 4th, 2007 at 02:20 PM. Reason: clarification
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by sojourner View Post
    one ccw on 4 perps (if they all had guns) is not real good odds. Don't know exactly I'd handle it. Hope it never happens.
    4 to one odds are better than 4 to none! Although, I for one agree in the hope that it never has to happen.

Slightly off topic, but I know here in AZ every IHOP I've seen posts no weapon signs, do others do the same?
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

ccw9mm - I would love to see a day where we have a practical society w/ common sense.

packinnova - 4 / 1 is better than 4 / 0, but I wouldn't engage until such time as me or one of mine is in immediate peril OR a situation presented itself which gave me a good amount of tactical advantage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links