Need help finding link about biased news coverage

This is a discussion on Need help finding link about biased news coverage within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A couple years ago, one of the networks did an "investigative report" that was supposed to demonstrate how much more deadly "assault weapons" are over ...

Thread: Need help finding link about biased news coverage

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar

Need help finding link about biased news coverage

A couple years ago, one of the networks did an "investigative report" that was supposed to demonstrate how much more deadly "assault weapons" are over other rifles.

There was something about firing at a cinderblock, and then it was exposed that the tester created the firepower disparity by firing into the dirt instead of at the cinderblock, when showing the "relatively weak" power of the non-semi-auto.

I need help locating a story about this fraud, because I'm involved in a three-way online email discussion with some close friends who need convincing that the national mainstream (network) media are full-on biased against guns.

I would also love a link to studies (that I know I've read about) regarding the percentage of news articles that are negative, v. positive, about guns.

Hellllp! I was at Keepandbeararms.com but couldn't find what I was looking for!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    The story in question was just about the time of the sunset of the Assault Weapons' Ban. It was aired in CNN and it pitted Wayne LaPierre against Broward County's Sheriff Ken Jenne.

In an unsual happening for TV, Wayne Lapierre called like it was and branded everyone a liar for trying to pull a fast one.

Click here and here to read the whole story from the NRA-ILA website.

On the other issue, I know somebody did some sort of study, but my memory peters out. I'll have to get back to you on that one.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Links