It begins to seem Ryan O'Neal was justified with his gun

This is a discussion on It begins to seem Ryan O'Neal was justified with his gun within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was reading on cnn's website yesterday about Ryan O'Neal's arrest, but the details were not put into the story until today: It seems his ...

Thread: It begins to seem Ryan O'Neal was justified with his gun

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar

Post It begins to seem Ryan O'Neal was justified with his gun

I was reading on cnn's website yesterday about Ryan O'Neal's arrest, but the details were not put into the story until today:

It seems his whacko-druggie son was coming at him with a fireplace poker, and he retreated to a bedroom to retrieve a gun. The son actually grazes O'neal, and clocks his own girlfriend in the head, but Ryan O'neal has to get arrested on a weapons charge?

Couldn't the other people who were there (the story says they were a group of friends including Farrah Fawcett) vouch for what happened and obviate the arrest?

Ryan O'neal hassled by the law for self defense with a gun against a fireplace-poker-wielding maniac son

I really can't wait to find out how this settles.

2. Remove Ads

Too early to tell, from the few details that have been reported so far. Who knows how much is fact, how much is fiction.

What is known: California is a silly place.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    imho from what fox is reporting on this NONE of them should have been able to have a firearm , looks to me like there is a case that they are all violent felons , may jut be me tho and my anti hollywood bias .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

You know how that hollywood bunch are. they are a bunch of kooks.They change partners every other week and some of them don't wear underware. Red neck you aren't the only one with an anti Hollywood bias. I would like to see how this case comes out . Bet you he gets off with a slap on the hand.

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    Ummmm wonder if they will make a version of that plot for TV?

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    You know how that hollywood bunch are. they are a bunch of kooks.They change partners every other week and some of them don't wear underware. Red neck you aren't the only one with an anti Hollywood bias. I would like to see how this case comes out . Bet you he gets off with a slap on the hand.

See, that's the thing. If he was not supposed to be prohibited from having a gun, and if it bears out that his son did indeed swing a fireplace andiron at him (hitting the son's own girlfriend in the head, as is claimed in the article) then I would say O'Neal should be upheld and not charged. Is sounds like he was defending himself and others.

Sure, there seem to be possibilities that just about everyone involved should be ineligible to own firearms. Not sure if O'Neal himself has anything in his history that would make him prohibited, though.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I think that, unless the situation was WAY out of control, I could do better than shooting my son over a fireplace poker. Might be justified, still bad news all around.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Links