What would Sarah say?

What would Sarah say?

This is a discussion on What would Sarah say? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If she received a letter in the vein of what I show below? What do you think her answer might be, or others in the ...

Thread: What would Sarah say?

Assistant Administrator

What would Sarah say?

If she received a letter in the vein of what I show below? What do you think her answer might be, or others in the Brady Bunch?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Sarah,

I often wonder whether you and those who also press for even tighter gun control and bans, ever stop to draw a distinction between the good guys and the bad guys? Or is it simply that you and others in power seek simply to excercize ''control'' for its own sake? Fear of an armed populace? Is that it?

The Second Amendment clearly states the rights of the American citizen that shall not be infringed and yet you and yours seek to undermine that very constitutional dictum. Let us be quite clear, the criminal can, does and will, always have access to guns and there is no way on earth you and others who wish to control guns will change that. The earth will freeze over long before. The criminal is by very nature against laws and propriety.

Accept that for now and consider the hard-working, law abiding American citizen. A family probably with children who are our future and deserve to be safe from fear and harm. Are they to have no means of defence when encountering a robbery at their local five and dime? Are they supposed to cower in their homes when an area is infected with a rash of home invasions?

No, the law abiding individual has an innate right to have a means of protection of self and because the firearm is so entrenched in 21st century culture and through American history, the only response that makes sense is to have the option to fight force with force. This means the ability and freedom of all good people so wishing to have at their disposal a firearm of whatever type is available to meet such threats, and stand a chance of surviving.

The constant attempts at control, attempts at adding to an already dazzling selection of laws on firearms possession and use, are only going to hurt the upstanding citizens and rarely if ever the criminal. Implementation of existing laws should be more than able to deal with law-breakers but too often all we hear is ''more gun control''.

Then we have ''assault'' weapons and these are so frequently portrayed in the media as terrible weapons of war and little else. Let me reiterate, criminals WILL obtain weapons, any weapons and little you can do will prevent that. In the hands of responsible people these weapons are both recreational as well as being lawful under the constitution, despite so many attempts to render this neutered and sterile.

Should there ever be a situation where this country is under threat from outside forces be assured, I and most of my armed bretheren will defend all until the end because that is how much we value the freedoms and culture that is held so dear. Sad to say you and your ilk seem to wish to see an impotent populace, with the only armed persons being felons.

Concentrate your efforts by all means on the criminal fraternity but do NOT try and make the fine upstanding American citizen pay for the wrong doings of criminals by taking away his means of protection, unless that is you envisage a total government by tyranny. If that is your goal then you and your cohorts should cease to remain American citizens.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

A fine letter full of strong common sense, even if you do spell defense the English way.
    But why do I think that it would get as far as an intern before being discarded? Because their minds are made and nothing we say is worth their time, in their opinion.

Assistant Administrator
    even if you do spell defense the English way.
    Haha - I think that was a typo anyways. I often give myself away tho
    Chris - P95

I try not to notice but I can always spot a fellow Brit by the spelling and mannerisms.

Nice letter, but Sarah Brady KNOWS that having a gun in your home doesn't make you safer, it makes you more likely to be a victim, of gun violence. Remember?
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    Nice letter, but Sarah Brady KNOWS that having a gun in your home doesn't make you safer, it makes you more likely to be a victim, of gun violence. Remember?
    Exactly. She's an *expert* on firearms and personal combat from her days out in the jungles of 'nam serving with Marine Force Recon, plus all her time on the street in South Central with the LAPD, not to mention all the classes she took with Col. Cooper, Massad Ayoob, Gabe Suarez, Southnarc, etc. And let's not forget about all her Ultimate Fighting Championship wins. We should listen to her, she knows what she's bleet.. ..er talking about...

Did I mention the fact that I am an expert on all medical related subjects? It's true, cause I know how to put on a Band-aid, and I got my first aid badge when I was a Cub Scout!
    Last edited by BushidoMarine; February 6th, 2007 at 11:14 PM.
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
    - Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

What would Sarah say?
    If she received a letter in the vein of what I show below?
    She's say; "Jim, honey, look, I got another letter from one of those gun nut kooks. Poor diluded fool. Oh well, I'll put it in the file and send a copy to my lawyer too just in case."

Lot of ex-pats on this forum, then?

Interesting! I know a guy on another forum that moved from the UK after the late 90s firearms ban.

She wouldn't say anything, because she wouldn't even get past the first paragraph before throwing it away. That's just the way it is for a lot of these people. They have made up their minds and hung out the "CLOSED" sign. They are not interested in challenging their preconceptions by giving any consideration to anyone else's opinions.

Nice letter but her mind is already made up. Like most of the antis she is influenced by the anti gun people around her and she has a closed mind

Assistant Administrator
    Sad ........ I fear most are correct - but there is always the hope that a (reasonably) sentient being might just stop for breath and review things. Of course closed mindedness wins the day.
    Lot of ex-pats on this forum, then
    A few
    Chris - P95

Sponsored Links