Giuliani Submits Candidacy for 2008 Presidential Bid SEE BOLD

This is a discussion on Giuliani Submits Candidacy for 2008 Presidential Bid SEE BOLD within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2...C-RSSFeeds0312 Giuliani Submits Candidacy for 2008 Presidential Bid By KATE SNOW Feb. 6, 2007 — It's unofficially official. Rudy Giuliani says his statement of candidacy ...

Thread: Giuliani Submits Candidacy for 2008 Presidential Bid SEE BOLD

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Giuliani Submits Candidacy for 2008 Presidential Bid SEE BOLD

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2...C-RSSFeeds0312

Giuliani Submits Candidacy for 2008 Presidential Bid

By KATE SNOW

Feb. 6, 2007 — It's unofficially official. Rudy Giuliani says his statement of candidacy filed with the Federal Election Commission is as close as you're going to get to an official announcement that he's running for the Republican nomination.

In the last 10 days, "America's Mayor" has flown to two of the key primary states, New Hampshire and South Carolina. Now he's filed the legal paperwork so he can continue to build a campaign.

On Fox's "Hannity and Colmes," Giuliani said, "it's a little…it's very humbling to think that running for president of the United States is for a kid from Brooklyn. It's quite a step."

More than just a kid from Brooklyn, Giuliani's also a moderate Republican.

"Some people just won't be able to vote for you. You have to live with that. I mean, the reality is you have to be yourself. You have to be who you are. You have to be honest with people."

He assured conservatives he "hates" abortion, but believes in a woman's right to choose it. He supports the Second Amendment, but thinks cities like New York should have gun control laws.

His time as mayor of New York City during Sept. 11 made Giuliani a household name. One supporter said, "I think he's a wonderful candidate and I'd vote for him in a minute."

But could he beat another famous New Yorker? When asked about Sen. Hillary Clinton, Giuliani responded, "you do this because you believe that you can win the nomination of your party, and then you believe you're the strongest candidate to win the election for your party."

Giuliani is having no trouble finding support. He raised more than $1 million at one of his recent fundraising events. Later today, he has a fundraiser in Florida. At the end of the week he heads out west to California.

* So could Rudy please tell us what HE thinks the 2A means?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Have your "cake" and it it too. Unfortunately, in this day of soundbites and polarization it's probably the most substance we'll get. It becomes a game of momentum, and being crowned by the press at opportune times. The days of in-depth discussion of issues is long past.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Senior Moderator
    This is a political issue and as such not allowed on CC.

Links