The Right to Bear Arms, in Europe?

This is a discussion on The Right to Bear Arms, in Europe? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.newsweek.com/change-gun-l...g-rabbi-299102 For the past week I've been wondering where these people attacking Paris are getting guns in a "gun free" continent. I admit I've been ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: The Right to Bear Arms, in Europe?

http://www.newsweek.com/change-gun-l...g-rabbi-299102

For the past week I've been wondering where these people attacking Paris are getting guns in a "gun free" continent. I admit I've been suspicious for a while exactly how gun free Europe really is. Recently, I've read about the black market arms trade in Europe, specifically Belgium.

So in the face of armed targeted attack, suddenly guns are a good idea? First, I'm glad the Jewish leaders are pushing this. Hopefully, they are learning from the lessons of the early 20th century. Unfortunately, American Jewish community seems to be largely anti-gun.
    ArmyCop, RichB70, baren and 4 others like this.
    Psalm 144:1

guess the unarmed police walking around wasn't such a great idea either, in fact its an absolutely stupid idea and they paid the price for it...

Disarmament. So in France, when you call 911 the Popo arrive they bring wine and cheese?

Concealed carry is a genie which will not get back in the bottle, no matter how hard the antis might try. ~ Mike1956

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I was in Barcelona last year and all of the Police were armed. Walther P99's if I recognized them correctly.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wbaumer View Post
    guess the unarmed police walking around wasn't such a great idea either, in fact its an absolutely stupid idea and they paid the price for it...
    I believe I heard that it is the officers choice whether to be armed or not. For the life of me I cannot come up with a reason not to be armed as an on-duty LEO. Hell, I'm not LE and I can't find a reason to be without a gun, ever...

VIP Member
    That is correct.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    I like all kinds of foreign guns.

"Arm yourself because no one else here will save you..."

When you see video of crowds of angry people protesting in Europe, and they are throwing rocks at the APCs, you know the people in power want THAT to continue. Once you lose your right to bear arms, its very difficult to get it back.
    It isn’t the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Yes and you'll need more than rocks to get those guns back too SideKahr.
    sideKahr and gatorbait51 like this.

VIP Member
    Police without side arms is like a sheep dog without teeth.....show and noise only!
    wbaumer and gatorbait51 like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Considering that Russia now allows concealed carry I would think that Poland and Ukraine would follow. If only more countries could adopt this then we'd really have a potential for positive change (not the one in the White House).
    BamaT, gatorbait51 and oneshot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gregivq View Post
    Considering that Russia now allows concealed carry I would think that Poland and Ukraine would follow. If only more countries could adopt this then we'd really have a potential for positive change (not the one in the White House).
    "Those who would make peaceful change impossible, will make violent change inevitable."
    It isn’t the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    For the past week I've been wondering where these people attacking Paris are getting guns in a "gun free" continent.
    France has ~4800mi of coastline, and it borders Italy which has ~7600mi of coastline. From the eastern end of the Mediterranean up to the Baltic Sea, there are innumerable places to get a few crates (or whole boats) full of arms onshore. And that's not even counting the serious ports that handle containerized cargo. Can't imagine getting some weapons onshore is astoundingly more difficult than in the U.S.

And I really can't believe any politico or citizen truly imagines that laws dictating criminalization of this or that object means the content is free of them. Heck, even the subjects in Britain know otherwise, despite what they're told.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The police in Europe need to follow the lead of the Germans and Swiss....they don't fool around and all carry weapons, and they know how to use them very well.

I think, especially considering the reports today of terror plots foiled in Berlin, Belgium as well as the shootout in Paris, you'll start to see more calls for civilian armament.
    1OldDog2 and gatorbait51 like this.
    “Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.”
    ― Miyamoto Musashi, A Book of Five Rings: The Classic Guide to Strategy

Distinguished Member Array glockstar's Avatar
    And we're going to have to arm ourselves... to the teeth!
    craze, gatorbait51 and maxwell97 like this.

Distinguished Member Array TIDEHSV's Avatar
    Issue them soup cans!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links