Ugh ... they're at it again ... new AWB a comin'

This is a discussion on Ugh ... they're at it again ... new AWB a comin' within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A survey asking that very question was done by a news agency on Marines in SoCal in the 80's. An overwhelming majority said not only ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ugh ... they're at it again ... new AWB a comin'

Distinguished Member
    A survey asking that very question was done by a news agency on Marines in SoCal in the 80's.

An overwhelming majority said not only "No, I won't do it", but "Hell, no!"
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for giving me an excuse to finally join the NRA... its a done deal :)
    CZ 75 PCR
    Glock 19

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    I just wrote my rep in Florida, Ron Klein.

He's a scumbag lobbyist-turned-congressman. A Democrat.

All the Florida Democratic voters who scream about the money that corrupts politics, I don't know what the hell they were thinking when they elected this piece of trash. He was all about the corrupting of politicians when he was a lobbyist. The ads prior to the election made everyone aware of what kind of scumbag this guy is, and still the "I-hate-the-Republicans-because-of-'Bush's-War'" democrat voters put him into office.

I have no idea what he will do if there comes a vote on an AWB, but I have a strong suspicion . . .

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I know this is a little off topic, but if they come to get our guns, who are they going to send? I'm not going to do it.

Spread the word amonst your colleagues, then, please, Sixto.

New Orleans proved to us (not showed, but PROVED) that when they want to do it, they can find LEOs to do it. Let's not give the false impression that because you won't, that we're safe.

(And I have to ask, have you been put into the position of, "Sixto, if you refuse this order to confiscate the guns of the law-abiding, you're going to be fired"? Do you know how you'll react? Have you already established a plan to resign if so ordered?)

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    (And I have to ask, have you been put into the position of, "Sixto, if you refuse this order to confiscate the guns of the law-abiding, you're going to be fired"? Do you know how you'll react? Have you already established a plan to resign if so ordered?)

Yes, I'm prepared if that day comes.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member
    Sixto,

You are a man of honor then.

Semper Fi,
    Mitch
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

This is really not a problem - you have been buying from legal sources - go downtown to the bars and you can get ANYTHING you want - just bring money - no ID required.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    This is really not a problem - you have been buying from legal sources - go downtown to the bars and you can get ANYTHING you want - just bring money - no ID required.
    there's another way to do it.. and if I have my way, I'm going to do it tomorrow. I'm going to use the "gunshow loophole". Where I can just walk into a gun show and purchase from anyone I want without any checks.

You know what the funny thing is, with private individuals that I have noticed selling in Nebraska to another private individual? In Nebraska we have to have a pistol purchase permit to buy a handgun. You get a background check and then it's good for 3 years. Allows you to buy over the counter instead of having a waiting period. Even for long guns, private sales lots of times will still want you to have that permit so they feel better about the deal, knowing you likely are not a criminal. So for the morons to say people selling at gun shows absolutely could care less who they sell to.. they are dead wrong.

But still, I intend to use this gunshow loophole tomorrow to aquire a new gun.

does anyone know if this loophole works in PA? i been to gun shows but never purchased a firearm there.
    What's this button do?

The "gunshow loophole", doesn't really exist, it is something to scare the sheep. If you purchase from any dealer at the gunshow (the guys with tables), they still run a NCIS background check on you. I have bought two firearms at gunshows, and both time shad to fill out the then yellow paper work and wait for them to call in. The idea of the loophole comes from the fact that in some states a private sale doesn't need a NCIS check or anything. Just hand over the cash and take posession of the weapon. Since there are always private individuals at gun shows walking around trying to sell their weapon's too, that is where the idea comes from. But most firearms bought at a gun show are just like buying them at the local gun shop.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    IMHO this bill is going no where fast. It wont make it to a vote. Depending on how the next election goes tho we may face a big problem. Personaly virtualy all of my disposable income is going to likely banned items ( not just guns but mags too )now as well as a good dillon progressive and components. Hell even tooling for my mill and lathe are on hold for the forseeable future . I figure i have two years to lay inn what i want or need to last me for about 8 years if history is any guide lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
    Sixto,

You are a man of honor then.

Semper Fi,
    Mitch
    I was talking with coworkers the other day about this topic. I wanted to gauge how the younger guys just starting out feel. They all said they would not go door to door to collect guns. Peacefuljeffrey made an excellent point that its easy to say that now, but what if your job is on the line... One younger guy who works for a neighboring jurisdiction said this; "Sure, I'll go to the front door and take them from citizens... then I'll walk around to the back door and give them back."
    I thought that was funny, made me laugh.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    LOL six I got out of LE in the 90s due to the way it was headed. Not to say that LE were becoming storm troopers or anything , but the paperwork burdon was getting unreal , and i had moved to supervisory dutys which i did not enjoy at all ( dealing with the politics of any community / le interface ) Even then tho a fresh kid out of the acadomy had to be paired with a good fto to make him a useable officer ( for us at least ) and i personaly did not care for the " subculture " that the acadamy instilled in new officers. You can in fact have officer safety and community relations at the same time .. this was what i saw as the fto role in the whole thing , but damm i wish the powers that be would realise that when they specify training lol . I got dammed sick of kids being turned out with what amounts to a " them against us " mentality when we were a small community not an armed camp.. I remember one kid who was first day on the job doing administrative crap who was amazed when i got a warrant for a felony , and picked up the phone to call the guy , told him to come inn within 4 hours or we would come get him . Hell i knew the person , he was non violent and had the means for a good attny .. he showed up for processing and first apperance with 30 min to spare .. I asked the kid if that wasn't in fact easyer than a warrant service and he just looked at me ( kinda like i had peed on his favorite hunting dog ) . Two months later he came back and admited he thought i was crazy , but damm , could i pick up the phone on some of his calls now lol .
    Sorry for the rant , but you know how war storys are lol .

Just to tie it into the forum topic , Folks remember there are a lot of what i call " mid school " cops out there in all levels of LE . I was broken inn by old school and have broke in some new school . As the country has changed so has LE. Personaly i had options and used them . Many tho at 10 or 15 years feel they have too much invested and cannot cash out a half a lifetime . They are on our side , even if quietly . If a new AWB comes up , some will enforce it , and some will wink and nod , its not any different from proabition .
    Last edited by Redneck Repairs; February 17th, 2007 at 03:53 PM.
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

This may be too late, but if possible, before you folks go getting all excited, remember, the Dems elected in the last election were pro 2A moderates.

I know, becuase I read it on this forum. Therefore, we have nothing to fear, so just take a deep breath and relax.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    This may be too late, but if possible, before you folks go getting all excited, remember, the Dems elected in the last election were pro 2A moderates.

I know, because I read it on this forum. Therefore, we have nothing to fear, so just take a deep breath and relax.
    I'm not certain we have nothing to fear, but I am heartened by the fact that those Democrats who were elected for the first time do indeed profess to be pro-Second Amendment...time will tell.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links