Defensive Carry banner

Nebraska has high hopes for a good pro-gun "no-retreat" law

784 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Steve48 
#1 · (Edited)
The NRA's website led me to this link:

Pro-gun bill passes house in MT, would protect various rights of gun owners, not just right to stand your ground

The more I read about this in the article, the more I enjoyed it. The article itself does a good job of seeming unbiased. Both sides are represented.

After quoting some reps who objected to the bill, they had the following:

The measure would bar hotel owners and landlords from banning guests or renters from legally carrying guns. Police also would not be allowed to destroy confiscated weapons, and in some cases would be required to return them to suspects after completing their investigation.

[Sponsor Jack Wells, R-Bozemon] said the police do not have the responsibility, or ability, to protect people in every situation. He said they can't respond fast enough, and can't be sued for failing to protect citizens.

"People have the basic right of self defense," Wells said. "This bill is based on the fact that you have to defend yourself in the long run."

Wells' bill is House Bill 340
Wow, an actual elected representative stating the truth about the legal fact that the police don't have to protect you or face consequences! Amazing!

#3 ·
D'oh!! You're right! I'm sorry, I got myself confused. I guess it is Montana.

Can someone fix the header? Thanks.

(I wish that online newspapers would put the name of the place right at the top . . .)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.