Very disturbing - Page 3

Very disturbing

This is a discussion on Very disturbing within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, it didn't take long... This is off of what I assume is Brady's myspace thing. http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...7-76113727327e Sunday, February 18, 2007 Even Remington's top gun ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Very disturbing

Well, it didn't take long... This is off of what I assume is Brady's myspace thing.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...7-76113727327e
    Sunday, February 18, 2007

Even Remington's top gun writer agrees on Assault Weapons

With important writers such as this on our side, it is clear that we have a cultural imperative to remove dangerous terrorist rifles from our streets, and our woods.

http://outdoorlife.blogs.com/zumbo/2...t_rifles_.html

(snip - its Jim's original post that I am cutting out for space-sake. - Muzz)
    <blah blah blah blah>
    (un-snip)

PS from the Brady Campaign:

We've read his apology. Stop copying and pasting it. If we wanted to post it, it would have been included already. Thanks to a few individuals who attempted to spam-post it, comments are now moderated for this blog post. We will still post comments from all viewpoints, as we respect and cherish the first amendment, but you have only those who refused to respect our requests to thank when you have to wait for your comment to be approved.

11:11 AM - 33 Comments - 7 Kudos - Add Comment

Coop

I would like to post that he has retracted his statement entirely on 1410am and that I completely agree with him.

Posted by Coop on Sunday, February 18, 2007 at 2:08 PM
    [Reply to this]

Brady Campaign

His statement is obviously a forced and insincere retraction brought about by the financial pressure of the Gun Lobby. One only needs to observe the comments on his apology blog post to see how most gun owners do not agree with it.

Posted by Brady Campaign on Sunday, February 18, 2007 at 2:09 PM
    [Reply to this]

VIP Member
    Looks like the Bradys will need to alter their headline...Remington has cut it's ties to Mr. Zumbo...

http://waronguns.blogspot.com/

"I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Yessir! I'm staying up and keeping watch on this too. Came here to post the same thing you did Team American.

Looks like my 870 won't be painted pink and have "Ask me why!" painted on each side of the buttstock, after all. (yes, I was THAT P.O.'ed)

This is far from over, and we will feel the reprocussions (sp?) of this for a LONG time. However, this is a huge step, and other companies are SURE to follow Remington's lead.

Guys and gals, let me tell you one thing. It wasn't a few random folks who just happened upon his blog and took exception to it. It was the membership of MANY firearms forums who took a moment to write an e-mail, read a thread, make some phone calls, and numerous other types of spreading the word that got this done. This wasn't a business day, there is no other way of explaining the quick response.

So, to all of you on here and the other forums, "Good Job".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    Guys and gals, let me tell you one thing. It wasn't a few random folks who just happened upon his blog and took exception to it. It was the membership of MANY firearms forums who took a moment to write an e-mail, read a thread, make some phone calls, and numerous other types of spreading the word that got this done. This wasn't a business day, there is no other way of explaining the quick response.

So, to all of you on here and the other forums, "Good Job".
    I'm sure the rapid mobilization of outraged gunowners took Mr. Zumbo and Remington by complete suprise...hopefully a few politicians are looking on in awe, as well...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team American View Post
    (SNIP) hopefully a few politicians are looking on in awe, as well...
    ....and I hope it causes them to think long and hard before enacting more anti-gun laws...(probably not though).
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Quote Originally Posted by Team American View Post
    Looks like the Bradys will need to alter their headline...Remington has cut it's ties to Mr. Zumbo...

http://waronguns.blogspot.com/

Pure awesome. Now if Remington would offer left-handed bolt actions, I'd buy their product.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

VIP Member
    Notice
    Remington is in the process of severing our sponsorships with Mr. Zumbo. A formal announcement will be released by noon today.
    I just checked Remington's website and this is posted on their main page.

OUCH!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Just saw the posting on the Remington's home page. I was hoping that the emails attributed to their CEO were accurate.

I was fascinated by this whole affair. The insular nature of many who would restrict gun rights because there's no use for a particular weapon in hunting. As if hunting were the only reason to have a weapon. Some hunters, like Zumbo, are just too happy to help them.

Of course, I had no idea when I posted pictures of my new AR here on CombatCarry that I was promoting a "terrorist" rifle.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

More proof that Zumbo is an idiot.

From the myspace page linked above:

I certainly agree with your sentiments. There is no pressing need for optics that allow shooters to make sniper shots from over one hundred meters.

Posted by Brady Campaign on Sunday, February 18, 2007 at 2:11 PM
    [Reply to this]
    Yes, Zumbo, they want your rifles, too.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Zumbo is out of touch. Nice guy, but out of touch. Nobody in Russia taking game with the Kalashnikov, Jim? Only for the past 50 years......

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Remington to Sever Sponsorship Ties with Jim Zumbo

Madison, North Carolina – As a result of comments made by Mr. Jim Zumbo in recent postings on his blog site, Remington Arms Company, Inc., has severed all sponsorship ties with Mr. Zumbo effective immediately. While Mr. Zumbo is entitled to his opinions and has the constitutional right to freely express those options, these comments are solely his, and do not reflect the views of Remington.

“Remington has spent tens of millions of dollars defending our Second Amendment rights to privately own and possess firearms and we will continue to vigorously fight to protect these rights,” commented Tommy Millner, Remington’s CEO and President. “As hunters and shooters of all interest levels, we should strive to utilize this unfortunate occurrence to unite as a whole in support of our Second Amendment rights.”

We regret having to terminate our long-standing relationship with Mr. Zumbo, who is a well-respected writer and life-long hunter.

source link is : http://www.remington.com/library/press/2007/2007-1.asp

Imho Remmington stepped up to the plate and did the right thing.
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I almost feel bad for Zumbo. Almost.

Perhaps this debacle will reinforce the fact to politicians that semi autos of all sizes, shapes and colours are here to stay.
    Discretion is the better part of valour; and a virtue beyond reproach.
    Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Senior Moderator

Dumbo...Is Out...

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    I just checked Remington's website and this is posted on their main page.

OUCH!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

I tried hitting the original link last night, and I suppose that due to a large amount of hits, the website had either crashed or was locked up.

Now I try either link, the original or the retraction, and I get a "not Found" error.

Think someone took it down??

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Statement from Outdoor Life

Due to the controversy surrounding Jim Zumbo’s recent postings, Outdoor Life has decided to discontinue the “Hunting With Zumbo” blog for the time being. Outdoor Life has always been, and will always be, a steadfast supporter of our Second Amendment rights, which do not make distinctions based on the looks of the firearms we choose to own, shoot and take hunting. Please direct any comments you have to OLletters@time4.com.
    source link is http://outdoorlife.blogs.com/zumbo/
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links