Very disturbing

This is a discussion on Very disturbing within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Everyone may want to take a look at this... http://outdoorlife.blogs.com/zumbo/2...t_rifles_.html (I did a search for 'Zumbo', and didn't get anything back. Hope this isn't a ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Very disturbing

Very disturbing

Everyone may want to take a look at this...

http://outdoorlife.blogs.com/zumbo/2...t_rifles_.html

(I did a search for 'Zumbo', and didn't get anything back. Hope this isn't a repost.)

2. Remove Ads

Great... you know that the anti's are going to be using this in their drive for the new weapons ban.

What's worse off is that the 2nd amendment isn't there for hunting. I don't think that is what Ben Franklin had in mind.

Some peoples kids...

Senior Moderator
    Wow. This guy truly doesn't get it.

People who own scary looking guns are "terrorists"?

I just sent Remington a missive letting them know how I feel about their sponsoring this Zumbo fellow, and describing the complete lack of business I will be doing with them in the future if they continue to sponsor him.

Should anyone feel like doing the same, here is their corporate contact page: http://remington.custhelp.com/cgi-bi...duser/ask.php?

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

VIP Member
    I reccomend that everybody read the responses from other readers. He gets one ******* butt chewing and I have to say well deserved too.

Besides dropping a line to Remington, you mah want to contact The Outdoor Channel and let them know that one of their shows is doing their best to promote ideas that would kill their ratings.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

VIP Member
    Change the name to Bozo,not Zumbo

This guy is a fossil that is way out of touch with the 2A.

Dumbo

I've already sent my responses to Ooutdoor Life and Remington. I really think Remington is a good company, they just need to issue a press release that clearly states their 2nd Amendment position and then can Dumbo.

VIP Member
    No I don't believe this guy is out of touch. He is a hunter. He isn't particularly interested in self defense or even homeland defense. This is a hunter mindset. I know quite a few hunters that only own a couple handguns and they are for hunting. They own bolt and lever action rifles and usually a shotgun or two depending.

They have no real interest in the 2nd Amendment because they firmly believe that the gun grabbers are after the evil handguns and evil rifles and that is just fine with them. More than a few have commented about how there is absolutely no need for a civilian to own a military style rifle or a semi-auto handgun. After all a real hunting handgun is a revolver.

Welcome to the world of hunters.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

I added my 2 cents on the blog and will write Outdoor Life and Remington. I can't belive that he said those things and it seems it was a cheap try at making the hunting faction of gun owners an elitist faction? I am just flabbergasted.

Tim

VIP Member
    My email to Remington.

With great disappointment I found out that Jim Zumbo has decided to insult Shooters everywhere by calling them "terrorist" just because they happen to have an AR or AK type of rifle. I am used to hear that kind of talk from those who would love to bann ALL weapons from private possesion, but to hear them from somebody within our own camp is just too much to bear in silence.

Besides, I do not take kindly that Mr. Zumbo with his words has echoed the sentiments of enemies of the USA who time and time again equate our soldiers fighting overseas with terrorist. Oh yes, our brave men and women must be terrorist according to Mr. Zumbo because they have an AR to defend our freedoms and his God-Given right to call us terrorists.

And since Remington provides ammunition for those rifles "terrorists" rifles, does that make your company a supporter of "terrorists"? I am sure that Remington does not share Mr. Zumbo's ideas but it should reasses its backing for Mr. Zumbo. Having your customers insulted by somebody representing your product does not make for good business.
    About the same thing with the due changes was also sent to The Outdoor Channel.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

His editorial will be referenced by the gun control crowd for years to come.

Thanks for those links. Letters sent. I had thought about that, but I wasn't in any frame of mind to write any kind of 'positive' letter to any of those companies that late last night anyhow.

I left this reply

Zumbo:
    Your story has to be one the most ill-thought out, ignorant, unreached pieces of leftest bull I have read since the "Brady Act" was portrayed as the savior of all gun violence!

Please... "assault guns" (leftest anti gun nomenclature not mine) N hunting have gone hand N hand since the Revolutionary war, since way before the first 30-40 Craig was modified for hunting. How about the many 03's have you seen modified and used to take game over the years? The AK and AR's are just the modern brethren of the weapons of past wars.

So you have no use for a semi-auto, an AK or AR style riffle to hunt with, say that instead of the anti gun fuel you dumped in the laps of the gun control groups.
    I Hope you can live with the fact you have just aided and abided the very criminals that want your hunting guns as well as every thing else out there that goes bang when you pull a trigger. I bet Jeff Cooper is turning over in his grave right now, so how about next time think about what you say before putting it in print, it's called proof reading.

BTY I know I spelled un-researched and the spell checker changed it on me N I did not realize it until it was too late, it's called small print and 56 year old eyes.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

I liked the phrase that described the article in the comments:

"[that's] a cup full of stupid"

Very accurate assessment...

Thumbs down Dumbo

Mr. Dumbo seems to have tunnel vision. He dosen't realize that his hunting rifle and hand gun are also on that list. I can't belive that out Door Life lets this guy write for them. I will defiantly boycot them unless they change there choice of writers and post an apology.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links