After effects of notorious Zumbo blog

This is a discussion on After effects of notorious Zumbo blog within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We should be careful with our rhetoric on both sides of this issue. Then anti's plan is to divide and conquer. Unfortunaltely Mr. Zumbo played ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After effects of notorious Zumbo blog

We should be careful with our rhetoric on both sides of this issue. Then anti's plan is to divide and conquer. Unfortunaltely Mr. Zumbo played right into their hands.

Too bad for him, and us.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

2. Remove Ads

I hate to see Mr. Zumbo lose his job or sponsers.He tends to see only one side of the issue. You are right about Zumbo playing into the anti's hands. If the different gun groups would get together and and support one frount we would be a lot stronger and more effective. If something is not done soon we may become the next UK.

Along the lines of the Zumbo issue and impending attacks on gun ownership rights, what do all of you think of this pro-gun movement?
    http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=304554
    "If you're going to shoot then shoot-don't talk" Eli Wallach-"The Good,The Bad, and the Ugly"

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Well, all I can say is that the man seems to have taken my advice. I applaud his humility. Hopefully he does more than just post his apology on Nuge.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Distinguished Member
    When you are in a position where your opinion is up for public discussion and dissection, you either have to be prepared to take the heat and abuse, or shut up. It appears that Mr. Zumbo failed to realize that or miscalculated the response. By his apology, I believe he miscalculated (......no idea how vast the numbers of folks are who use them) who he would be insulting and thought he could blather on and to only have to take minimal heat. Because of this, I believe his apology rings hollow. I feel no remorse that he lost sponsors and his job.

You pays your money and you takes your chances. In this case he rolled the dice and it was "7, away".
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

There is an article on AOL about Mr. Zumbo being droped by Remington, droped from Out Door Mag. and also haveing his show droped from the Out Doors Channel. Wow he sure said a mouthfull that backfired. I don't think he realized who or what he was taking on. I guess he didn't know which side he was supposed to be on.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    There is an article on AOL about Mr. Zumbo being droped by Remington, droped from Out Door Mag. and also haveing his show droped from the Out Doors Channel. Wow he sure said a mouthfull that backfired. I don't think he realized who or what he was taking on. I guess he didn't know which side he was supposed to be on.
    BINGO!
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Beretta 92FS

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    This made me laugh a little:

Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tros View Post
    That was a pretty fair article for being part of a big media site.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

That's what I thought.
    Beretta 92FS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links