Letters, Votes, and HR 1096

Letters, Votes, and HR 1096

This is a discussion on Letters, Votes, and HR 1096 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was going to repost this as a reply to the 1096 thread and wanted to get a better feel for it incase some people ...

Thread: Letters, Votes, and HR 1096

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar

Question Letters, Votes, and HR 1096

I was going to repost this as a reply to the 1096 thread and wanted to get a better feel for it incase some people had stopped reading that particular thread....

--------------------------------------------

I'd like to further add to what I posted before....

Sure we toss around a lot of bluster and anger about the proposed "AWB." Duh. We're shooting and collecting enthusiasts - as well as concerned about taking responsibility for our safety!!! We write letters to congressmen and senators when these frivilous bills come up for votes.... We voice our opinions and attempt to use logic with them. We publicly berate the one's who move against what we rightously deserve. However.... we sit idly by when things seem sunny and happy.

I will not sit here at my laptop and rant on about this and claim that I have been doing this for years, because I have not. I am relatively new to the fight for the RKBA. Nor do I actually do (as of this minute) what I propose now, which is this:

We need to begin writing letters to all of our congressmen and women telling them how much we like to see bills like this - and proposing and pushing bills like these through. We should encourage more of this and tell our reps how much we admire these pro-2A folks and recognize them by name! Even if it means writing letters to persons of the Democrat persuasian. We should encourage more instead of just voicing our opinions when the storm clouds are on the horizon. To make sure Washington understands that the 2nd Amendment is a God-given right, we should let them know all of our feelings. Good and bad.

I don't mean to denounce us as a bunch of lazy men and women who only complain when it effects us. On the contrary - we are the ones who are always on the lookout... the Sheepdogs. For us, our own... and for others of us, complete strangers. I just think that maybe we should, as a group, consider putting more effort into these actions.

I'd love to hear thoughts about this. Negative or positive. I've been tossing this around in my head for the past week or so.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Good point. People have a tendancy to focus more heavily on berating the bad than praising the good. It would be nice to see more activism by citizens, both the resist bad ideas and push good ones. Having a bill proposed because a number of ordinary people wrote their congressmen suggesting it would be (imo) a return to a more citizen-oriented government.

Sponsored Links