My letter about HR1022, your thoughts

This is a discussion on My letter about HR1022, your thoughts within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is the letter that I am working on to send to my Senators, and Congressman, any help would be appreciated, on any part of ...

Thread: My letter about HR1022, your thoughts

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar

My letter about HR1022, your thoughts

This is the letter that I am working on to send to my Senators, and Congressman, any help would be appreciated, on any part of it, what is said,
    grammer,
    Etc.

In light of the introduction of a renewed assault weapons ban, HR1022, I am writing to ask that you oppose this new bill, and any attempt to handicap the ability of any American Citizen to protect themselves and there family’s. This goes far beyond the argument of the 2nd amendment, this goes straight to the heart of the matter of allowing citizens of this country, ever opportunity to provide themselves with the tools to safely and securely live their lives. I am a firm believer that this was the intent of the founding fathers adding an amendment to the constitution, the fact that it was the second only to the right of free speech should speak volumes about how important it was deemed by those that added it.

The Laws of this land forbids any branch of the government from being held liable for failing to protect the individual citizen, and enacting any further restrictions on our ability to collect the tools to protect ourselves from the lawless element that unfortunately exist in this great nation, would be a travesty of justice, and a slap in the face of our founding fathers who’s main goal was to ensure that every American have the right to LIFE, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness. So please remember that while the news media only seems to talk about the tragic side of firearms, there is a much greater good that comes from Americans ability to posses the tools necessary to protect ourselves.

As a father, husband, and above all, An American Citizen, I ask you to vote against HR1022, and any and all attempts to further restrict firearms ownership in America.

Thank you in advance.

Michael X. XXXXXX
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Cleaned up a few typos...looks pretty good, though. I wrote much of the same to my Rep and Senators.

In light of the introduction of a renewed assault weapons ban, HR1022, I am writing to ask that you oppose this new bill, and any attempt to handicap the ability of any American Citizen to protect themselves and their families. This goes far beyond the argument of the 2nd amendment, this goes straight to the heart of the matter of allowing citizens of this country, every opportunity to provide themselves with the tools to safely and securely live their lives. I am a firm believer that this was the intent of the founding fathers adding an amendment to the Constitution, the fact that it was the second only to the right of free speech should speak volumes about how important it was deemed by those that added it.

The Laws of this land forbids any branch of the government from being held liable for failing to protect the individual citizen, and enacting any further restrictions on our ability to collect the tools to protect ourselves from the lawless element that unfortunately exists in this great nation, would be a travesty of justice, and a slap in the face of our founding fathers, who’s main goal was to ensure that every American have the right to LIFE, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness. So please remember that while the news media only seems to talk about the tragic side of firearms, there is a much greater good that comes from Americans ability to posses the tools necessary to protect ourselves.

As a father, husband, and above all, An American Citizen, I ask you to vote against HR1022, and any and all attempts to further restrict firearms ownership in America.

Thank you in advance.

Michael X. XXXXXX
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Amen
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Very well stated! I will write one also.
    Walk steathly - and carry a big Springfield.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Cleaned up a few typos...looks pretty good, though. I wrote much of the same to my Rep and Senators.

Thanks a bunch, English was never my strong subject in school.

I am going to make one more change to qualify one part,

I am writing to ask that you oppose this new bill, and any attempt to handicap the ability of any Law Abiding American Citizen
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

I think that calling it an "assault weapons ban" is not a good idea, simply call it a "weapons ban." The Dems attached the word "assault" as a smokescreen to make people think that it was targeting a small group of automatic weapons.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Looks a lot like the one I sent both to my representative and every member of the house judiciary that I could get an email address for (Even John Conyers, though I know it'll never make it to him ). Hopefully, enough letters like that will kill this bill before it has a chance to become law.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Misfit View Post
    I think that calling it an "assault weapons ban" is not a good idea, simply call it a "weapons ban." The Dems attached the word "assault" as a smokescreen to make people think that it was targeting a small group of automatic weapons.

Good Point

Links