Take the Brady survey!

Take the Brady survey!

This is a discussion on Take the Brady survey! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Let the Brady Center know how you feel about gun control: http://www.bradynetwork.org/site/Pag...autologin=true Topics: 1. GETTING ASSAULT WEAPONS OFF THE STREETS (AWB) 2. EXTENDING BACKGROUND CHECKS ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Take the Brady survey!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Take the Brady survey!

Let the Brady Center know how you feel about gun control:

http://www.bradynetwork.org/site/Pag...autologin=true

Topics:

1. GETTING ASSAULT WEAPONS OFF THE STREETS (AWB)

2. EXTENDING BACKGROUND CHECKS TO ALL GUN SALES ("loophole")

3. STOPPING BULK SALES TO GUN TRAFFICKERS

4. STRENGTHENING THE POWER OF LAW ENFORCEMENT (BATFE)
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

The best and simplest way to control gun crime is to lock away the violent offenders 'til they are drooling in their oatmeal. Most of these crimes are commited by the same scum, very often while on parole, bail, or probation. I would love to see a mandatory additional 10 years without the possibility of parole for every count of every felony committed while in possession of a firearm.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Usually when you take a poll, after voting, you get to see the results so far...............WELL, NOT AT BRADY'S SITE.

A Brady background check must be conducted on every gun sold in this country, no exceptions.

There is no legitimate reason for a responsible gun owner to buy 10, 20, even 100 guns at a time.
    What a load of crap..........

So every time I give a gun to my dad, daughter or buy one from a friend, they want me to do a 'Brady check'.........no thanks!

The second part about buying multiple guns..............be honest guys, how often have you seen 10+ guns purchased at one time? If you are like me, NONE. The reason is financial NOT criminal, I can't afford to buy 10 at a time OR I WOULD BUY ONE OF EVERYTHING (possibly even two).
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Well, they got a strongly disagree with me on everything. :)
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    The best and simplest way to control gun crime is to lock away the violent offenders 'til they are drooling in their oatmeal. Most of these crimes are commited by the same scum, very often while on parole, bail, or probation. I would love to see a mandatory additional 10 years without the possibility of parole for every count of every felony committed while in possession of a firearm.
    Thats too easy to do. These idiots want to ban all guns for law abiding citizens which will cost the tax payers a bundle of money for the paper work involved. DO they think the bad guys will turn in their guns?

Oh I answered the survey all right....just not the way they expect....

As much "flame" Jim Zumbo got for his stupid words, everyone who "Zumboed" Zumbo should get on this survey and tell Brady and her ilk to go get bent.

What A Bunch Of 'Toro Feces'...

and it starts with the opening statement...

"Since the expiration of the federal Assault Weapons Ban two years ago, there has been a significant rise in violent crime and homicides."

Garbage...pure garbage!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Hate to put my name on their site, If I called myself Rodney F. Hungwell or Hugh G. Rection you suppose they'd count my vote??
    For that matter, if I answer "Strongly Disagree", will they count my vote?
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

VIP Member
    Strongly Disagree didnt cover my feelings but I had no other choice.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

VIP Member
    Great....now I'm on their e-mail list:

Dear Chris,

Thank you for participating in our 2007 Legislative Priorities Survey, your feedback will help the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence get a strong start to the new year. We are so grateful for your support.

Capitalizing on the seismic shift on Capitol Hill, your Brady Campaign is going on the offensive to advance our legislative agenda to strengthen US gun laws. Americans are looking to us to turn our electoral victories into concrete action to get guns out of the hands of criminals.

We will succeed in this endeavor in the same way we succeeded in the 2006 elections by bringing to the fore the voices of reliable, thoughtful Brady Campaign members like you.

Thanks to your participation, we will show that Americans like you demand that strengthening US guns laws be at the top of the congressional agenda.

Help us build on our voting majorities in both the House and Senate to pass a new ban on military-style assault weapons, closing the gun show loophole, and other life-saving gun laws by making a generous contribution today.

By working together, we can create a nation free from gun violence, where all Americans are safe at home, at school, at work, and in their communities.

Sincerely,
    Your Friends at StoptheNRA.com
    I answered 'strongly opposed' & they act like I agree with them.......
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    Because they can't understand why anyone wouldn't aggree with them. I'm just suprised there wasn't any "for the children" drivel in there.
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

which is why I'm not going to do the survey. I know who they are. I know what they believe. I know that nothing will change if I strongly disagree with everything they say, even if a million people agree with me. Why would I want to give them my email addy? I"m sure that whoever entered their opinion just gave them one more name to point to and say, "look at all the people we represent!"

Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!

The contempt that i have for them is equalled only by that which they have for my rights.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Well, I fixed their header for them.
    Attached Images

VIP Member

You didn't have to submit a name and email to do the survey. Just think of it as now you will know ahead of time and can warn us of future surveys.

After taking that survey, I feel dirty and need a shower. I'll be back in a while, I have to go rub my body all over with pumice soap.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links