My response from Sen. Martinez, (R) H-1022

This is a discussion on My response from Sen. Martinez, (R) H-1022 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Below is a response to the recent comments I received from you: Dear Mr. Ron8903 (omitted real name) Thank you for contacting me regarding the ...

Thread: My response from Sen. Martinez, (R) H-1022

Below is a response to the recent comments I received from you:

Dear Mr. Ron8903 (omitted real name)

Thank you for contacting me regarding the semiautomatic weapons ban. I appreciate hearing from you and would like to respond to your concerns.

When our Founding Fathers drafted the Constitution, they included the Second Amendment to guarantee people the right to keep and bear arms. This is a fundamental part of our American identity, and I will work with my Senate colleagues to ensure that this liberty is protected for all law-abiding citizens.

On February 13, 2007, Representative Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) introduced the Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act (H.R. 1022). This legislation would reauthorize for ten years the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, which prohibits the manufacture, transfer, or possession of a semiautomatic assault weapon or a large capacity ammunition feeding device. H.R. 1022 has been referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary, where it awaits further approval.

Although no similar legislation has been introduced in the Senate, I will keep your thoughts in mind as we proceed in the 110th Congress.

Again, thank you for sharing your views with me. If you have any additional questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me. In addition, for more information about issues and activities important to Florida, please sign up for my weekly newsletter at http://martinez.senate.gov.

Sincerely,

Mel Martinez
    United States Senator

He is my kind of guy.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Nice having someone actually represent you.

I continue to vote and pray someday the rest of the state will wake up. Not likely, but I do believe in miracles.
    'The assailant chooses the time, location and method of attack.

Since they are unlikely to let you know ahead of time when, where and how violent they're going to be, you should always be prepared.' - matiki

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    I received roughly the same response from my Congressman (Randy Forbes, VA) who is a Judiciary Committee member. He is staunchly pro-2A and is A rated by the NRA, as is the other VA rep on the committee, Bob Goodlatte.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Don't Expect The Same Response...

from the 'other' FL senator...

At least Martinez can be trusted...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsored Links