Michigan proposal

This is a discussion on Michigan proposal within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; MCRGO has announced a bill to do away with so-called "safety inspections"...you know, where you have to present your newly purchased handgun to a clerk ...

Thread: Michigan proposal

Michigan proposal

MCRGO has announced a bill to do away with so-called "safety inspections"...you know, where you have to present your newly purchased handgun to a clerk at the PD (who more ofter than not doesn't even know how to open the action let alone inspect the gun for safety) within 10 days of purchase or risk criminal prosecution; oh, and it's not registering the gun, but the state will keep a record of the "safety inspection" that was conducted by a clerk who couldn't open the action of the gun. But it's not registering the gun....

You can get more info here:
    [HTML]http://www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo/view/news.asp?articleid=2133&zoneid=6[/HTML]
    The keys to winning a gunfight are first to bring a gun and secondly to take your time, quickly.

Always remember that if your opponent is within range, so are you.

POWER TO THE MEPEOPLE!!!

2. Remove Ads

Excellent! I hadn't heard about this. My reps are getting a call from me, but these northern Michigan guys are all pro-gun already. Still, an ecouraging phone call is never a bad idea.

My last pistol purchase was about a month ago... a new Taurus 1911, and the lady who normally handles all of the gun inspections, and is actually pretty good about the whole thing, wasn't in. Someone else went through the whole process, but instead of the usual five minutes, it took almost 45 minutes, and she never took the gun out of the case either.
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

Lead Moderator
    Yup, Linda is usually pretty good about getting ya in and out. Still would be nice to skip the whole fingering the gun , write serial #'s thing.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

i have had 6 new pistols in the last 12 days

(long story and I cant ever say NO)

anyways--I have to go to the macomb sheriffs office
    well all but 1 gun have been revolvers but the girls behind the counter barley handle the gun other then to look for serial #

granted it takes them all of 5 minutes to look/ type card

im happy that they are fast my old city one DUMBA$$ dropped the slide on my BRANDWILSON CQB then dropped the gun cuz it scared her when she hit the slide release

PI$$ED me way off new scratch on a gun i never fired i had it for 1 day

JD

hope they do away with it i almost never wait under a hour

It was started a racist idea to stop blacks from getting guns long before I was ever born, lets loose this bad idea and save Grandstand the money they spend on these bogus "Safety Inspections"
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

This Whole Process Is Worthless...

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex Dr. View Post
    ...DUMBA$$ dropped the slide on my BRANDWILSON CQB then dropped the gun cuz it scared her when she hit the slide release
    PI$$ED me way off new scratch on a gun i never fired i had it for 1 day
    but this would really make me angry...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links