A Letter From Aarp On Guns Or Why Not To Be A Member Of Aarp

This is a discussion on A Letter From Aarp On Guns Or Why Not To Be A Member Of Aarp within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just turned 50 and started getting their promotions. Sent several back with notes saying that I would never join an organization which promoted such a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Letter From Aarp On Guns Or Why Not To Be A Member Of Aarp

Just turned 50 and started getting their promotions. Sent several back with notes saying that I would never join an organization which promoted such a leftest agenda. I still get a solicitation every once in a while. They can drop dead for all I care.
    Clint
    Kansas - The original Old West
    Open Skies - Long Vistas

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    When I turned 50 I started getting their junk. I wrote a very polite letter telling them that did not and would not represent me and to please remove my name from their mailing lists. Immediately the volume of mail increased. So I wrote another letter and this time informed them that by requesting to be remove they were required by law to remove my name and cease contact. I got no mail for about 6 months and then got several. After the second I did not request, but demanded. I simply said that the next piece of their propaganda that came to my address would be delivered immediately to the postal inspector along with the copies of the three letters and the return receipt from this one. Suddenly they forgot that I existed.

When my wife turned 50 she got two or three letters and through them away. After those she got no more. Maybe a computer program discovered that the address was on a no mail list.

My father and mother joined AARP when it first changed from being the American Association of Retired Teachers and back then it was not a left wing lobbying organization and it provided real benefits like lower insurance costs and inexpensive prescription medicines. Somewhere along the line it veered to the left and went into the dumper.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

The NRA listed the problems with the AARP several years ago, and I politely told them I did not want to be a member when they contact me because of their anti firearms policies. They sent me a second letter, and I again, politely, told them the same thing, and noted that it was the second time. Haven't heard from them for 8 years!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Assistant Administrator
    John - seems to work best if you use one of their reply-paid deals

It seemed to work for me. I did tho wish someone would have written back - trying to justify their stance.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    John - seems to work best if you use one of their reply-paid deals

It seemed to work for me. I did tho wish someone would have written back - trying to justify their stance.
    I have a friend who used to put a note like that in the reply envelope and tape it to a brick. They usually got the idea right away. I'm sorry I didn't remember that when I was getting stuff from them.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

The Dictators Who Run The AARP Are Anti-Gun

i was a member of AARP for a few years. Wrote lots of letters to Mr. Horace Deets, the head of AARP at that time. He claimed that the anti-self defense stance that the AARP took was due to a vote that was taken of the AARP leadership. He would never allow the membership to vote on the matter of gun rights.

Oddly enough, they simply sent me a membership card out of the blue a few weeks ago.

I'm 24.

I will resist the urge to make a senile joke now.

I get a packet about every 6 months. I pack it fullof all the junk mail I can fit in the envelope, or a fistful of molybdenum slugs I have in the tool box, and send it back.

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    I wrote AARP some time ago - returning a junk mail and told them not to send me more stuff as I was not impressed with their anti gun stance.

It worked such that I rarely get anything from them now.
    Lucky you, Chris.

I've written 3 letters to AARP demanding that I be removed from their mailing list, but I still get their crap in the mail.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Someone ought to shoot a couple holes through the junk mail then mail it back . Maybe they would get the idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links