Letter from Jim Zumbo to Alan Gottlieb - Page 3

Letter from Jim Zumbo to Alan Gottlieb

This is a discussion on Letter from Jim Zumbo to Alan Gottlieb within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sprry, but I am not impressed with the "apology" that Zumbo offered. It's hard to forgive someone for being and idiot and that seems to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sprry, but I am not impressed with the "apology" that Zumbo offered. It's hard to forgive someone for being and idiot and that seems to be what he is.

Like most Anti's he didn't have any idea what he was talking about and yet he kept on talking as if he did.

Now he wants us all to forgive him. Sorry but I just can not do that nor will I try. He showed his true colors and now that it bit him on the ass he wants to say "Sorry, can I have a do over?" like a small child. Well, no you can not.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I would like to think it possible for a man to redeem himself to his friends and colleague's so long as he realizes the error of his ways and is willing to "fall on his own sword", in this case his words. Though I am not a hunter, nor do I own any of the "terrorist rifles" as he described them in his blog, it isn't just those aforementioned weapons that are the intended victim of H.R. 1022. I think he now realizes that his precious hunting tools will soon be rendered to the collective as assault weapons.

It will take time for his salt to leave the wound, and for now it still stings, but so long as he works to right his wrong, and isn't just mouthing the words, he may just be able to redeem himself in the eyes of the shooting community. Some will be more forgiving than others, some may not forgive at all. I think it fair to cast a judgemental eye until his actions do come to light. For now, we as one are angry and bearing a grudge, but once the man redeems himself, allow us to forgive...but never forget.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Quote Originally Posted by stoneypete View Post
    Having opened my mouth only to change feet on more than one occasion, I can forgive. However, there is a huge gap between forgiveness and trust. Trust must be rebuilt. He's on the right path, let him walk the walk for a time.
    I think stoneypete says it best.

Whether he wrote it or had someone else do it for him, I think it took guts. I will take his apology at face value. My opinion of him has risen . . . for now.

I will forgive but continue to watch. He has a long road to rebuild the trust of the pro gun community.

I wish him luck if he is sincere.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links