National Parks Carry - URGENT ACTION

This is a discussion on National Parks Carry - URGENT ACTION within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From the VCDL... **URGENT** **URGENT** **URGENT** VCDL has just learned from our sources on Capitol Hill that the Department of the Interior (DOI) is **livid** ...

Thread: National Parks Carry - URGENT ACTION

VIP Member

From the VCDL...

**URGENT** **URGENT** **URGENT**

VCDL has just learned from our sources on Capitol Hill that the Department of the Interior (DOI) is **livid** over the National Park Service's (NPS) asinine rejection letter sent to VCDL concerning VCDL's Petition for Rule Making!

(http://www.vcdl.org/pdf/NPS_Denial_of_VCDL_PRM.pdf)

That petition would allow a law-abiding citizen to carry a handgun for self-defense in a National Park if the state in which the park is located allows such carry.

Apparently the National Park Service DID NOT CLEAR that rejection letter with their parent - the Department of the Interior!

The Department of Interior had been telling VCDL and key Congressional members that DOI would seriously consider VCDL's petition.

The ensuing NPS rejection letter made DOI look like fools and liars. DOI doesn't like that at all, and I don't blame them.

The word that I am hearing is that the Department of the Interior is investigating how to OVERTURN that rejection letter and soon!!!

We have an incredible opportunity to save TWO years of work and pull off a victory for all gun owners! But we must make our voices heard LOUD AND CLEAR.

I need all of you to do the following FOUR things NOW and URGENTLY no matter where you live, as this this is a NATIONAL effort:

1. CALL the DOI Legislative Affairs and leave a message for the Secretary of the Interior, Dirk Kempthorne.

Say something like this:

"I encourage Secretary Kempthorne to implement the Virginia Citizens Defense League's Petition for Rule Making that the National Park Service has rejected out-of-hand. Law-abiding citizens should be allowed to protect themselves and their families while visiting a National Park."

PLEASE MAKE THAT CALL - WE WANT DOI'S TELEPHONE LINE LIT UP BIG TIME!

Mr. Kempthorne's telephone number in Washington, DC is: 202-208-7351

2. Call your U.S. Senators and Congressman. Their names, phone numbers and email addresses can be found by clicking here and entering your zip and address:

http://capwiz.com/nra/officials/congress

Say something like this:

"Please have the Senator [Congressman] contact the Department of the Interior's Secretary, Dirk Kempthorne, and ask him to overturn the National Park Service's rejection of the Virginia Citizens Defense League's Petition for Rule Making. Law-abiding citizens should be allowed to carry a handgun to defend themselves while visiting a National Park if the state in which the park is located allows such carry!"

PLEASE MAKE THAT CALL - WE WANT CONGRESS' TELEPHONE LINES TO LIGHT UP AS BRIGHTLY AS DOI'S!

3. After calling your Senators and Congressman, follow up with an email.

Here is a sample email you can use:

Please ask the Department of the Interior's Secretary, Dirk Kempthorne, to overturn the National Park Service's arbitrary rejection of the Virginia Citizens Defense League's Petition for Rule Making and to implement that petition!

VCDL's Petition for Rule Making, representing over ONE MILLION gun owners, would allow law-abiding citizens to carry a handgun for self-defense in a National Park as long as the state in which that National Park is located allows such carry.

The National Park Service's rejection letter was not only asinine, but condescending towards America's gun owners.

My family member and I are given but one life each. I ask that you make sure that I can defend those lives while visiting a National Park!

Please let me know what you are going to do.

4. After calling and leaving a message for DOI, follow up with an email to Secretary Kempthorne:

Email address:

exsec@ios.doi.gov

Suggested email subject:

Please approve VCDL's Petition for Rule Making!

Suggested email text:

Dear Secretary Kempthorne,

I ask that you approve and implement the Virginia Citizens Defense League's (VCDL) Petition for Rule Making that would allow a law-abiding citizen to carry a handgun for self-defense in a National Park as long the state in which the park is located allows such carry.

The National Park Service sent a rejection letter to VCDL listing four very poor reasons for the rejection. None of the reasons listed legitimately justifies denying a person the right to defend the only life they have been given.

The Petition, representing over ONE MILLION gun owners, was basically rejected out-of-hand.

Please let me know what the Department of the Interior is going to do regarding this matter.

Sincerely,
    [YOUR NAME]
    [YOUR ADDRESS]

OK, ladies and gentlemen - let's ROLL!

Please spread this alert far and wide! We need gun owners from all over the country to make this happen!
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Emails sent & calls placed.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    They are on the way,

After this is over, I'd like to see a petition to have that lady removed from her position. If that isn't done be those above her anyway.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

E-Mail LOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love how this message is popping up at every pro 2nd Amendment site on the web! I'm trying to post it everywhere that it hasn't shown up yet. Make sure you call and not just email - it really hammers the message through.

Called the secretary, my reps, and emailed. The guy who answered the phone for my congressman, had no idea what I was talking about, so hopefully he took the info down right. I also hope that doesn't mean that not many people from Michigan are calling about this.
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

Assistant Administrator
    Action - that is what is needed and if this spreads thru the web as well as it should - then maybe the voices will be heard. Great.

Strength in numbers ........... glad you posted Scott.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Sent the email. The great news is my two guys vited yes..Both sent more emails to help....
    "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
    General George Patton

I used the NRA link to send emails to all my representatives. I also asked them to oppose House bill 1022.

Please folks, take the time to send messages or call.

Sent the email!
    "The best compliment to the Warrior is that others feel safe while you are around." I would add especially if they REALLY ARE safe when you are around.

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    OK Folks. This is a bump to keep this going. It is a National effort as this applies to National Parks all over the country. Just because the Virginia Citizen's Defense League is leading the charge on this doesn't mean that it is a local issue.

Please contact your reps and the DOI secretary to support this effort.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

VIP Member

Today's Update

Here is the update from today.

The Department of the Interior phone lines were lit up brightly with gun owners leaving lots of messages yesterday according to reports I received from several of you.

Today, as of 11 AM, though, they had only received about 20 calls according to member Hawk Scarborough!

We can do much, much better than that and must do so for the next week or two.

So, if you haven't acted yet, here is the information again from yesterday.

Let's make carry in National Parks a reality with Virginia gun owners leading the way!
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Sent!
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Sponsored Links