Go-it-alone: Financially-challenged City of Cleveland sues over preemption

This is a discussion on Go-it-alone: Financially-challenged City of Cleveland sues over preemption within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Go-it-alone: Financially-challenged City of Cleveland sues over preemption Today the City of Cleveland filed a declaratory judgment against the State of Ohio to fight the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go-it-alone: Financially-challenged City of Cleveland sues over preemption

Today the City of Cleveland filed a declaratory judgment against the State of Ohio to fight the enactment of Ohio Revised Code (RC) section 9.68. Click here to download the press release. (.pdf)

ORC Section 9.68: "(A) The individual right to keep and bear arms, being a fundamental individual right that predates the United States Constitution and Ohio Constitution, and being a constitutionally protected right in every part of Ohio, the general assembly finds the need to provide uniform laws throughout the state regulating the ownership, possession, purchase, other acquisition, transport, storage, carrying, sale, or other transfer of firearms, their components, and their ammunition."
    This preemption provision enacted in HB347 allows law abiding gun owners to travel throughout Ohio without concern of violating the previous patchwork of ordinances enacted by various cities. HB347 effectively put the battle back where it belongs, between the city attorneys and the state legislature.

You can read the rest of the article here:
    http://buckeyefirearms.org/article3600.html

2. Remove Ads

http://www.wkyc.com/video/player.aspx?aid=32203&bw

Video clip from today's press conference with the mayor.
    Member of the National Rifle Association's Board of Directors
    www.BuckeyeFirearms.org Buckeye Firearms Association Central OH Chair
    NRA Instructor/CCW Instructor/Realtor
    2009 NRA Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award Recipient

Mayor Frank Jackson is a tool!

'Financially-challenged' is not the adjective I would use to describe the city of Cleveland.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Angry Here Is The Real Crime...

The elected officials spending this money should be tossed out of office...

...Being unable to address the staggering unemployment problem they are facing, and having already admitted that Cleveland cannot even prosecute the criminals they currently have charged...

...Cleveland is wasting scarce tax dollars on this case that is doomed to fail in the end...

But I guess you get what you vote for...

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I feel sorry for the Clevelanders. Time to elect some new faces into offices there.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Quote Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
    Mayor Frank Jackson is a tool!
    I'm curious. I'm not always exactly up on current lingo, but I've noticed a lot have been calling sheeple tools lately. I have a slight issue with that. Why degrade or devalue a perfectly good word like "tool" for which has good uses, by associating/linking it with stupid people?

just my .02 - sorry I know I had to run it off topic.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

ouch

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    People use "tool" to refer to, um, pudenda.

I agree that it degrades a good word that means something useful. Why not call him a putz?

Oh, and I don't feel sorry for Clevelanders. Except maybe anyone who actually spoke out against this guy when he was running. People say "you get what you voted for," and that's exactly right. If you were a voter who liked candidates who are anti-gun and you voted for them, even though their idiotic antics were likely to waste more and more taxpayer money, then tough noogies. Suffer for your moronic choice.

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    I'm curious. I'm not always exactly up on current lingo, but I've noticed a lot have been calling sheeple tools lately. I have a slight issue with that. Why degrade or devalue a perfectly good word like "tool" for which has good uses, by associating/linking it with stupid people?

just my .02 - sorry I know I had to run it off topic.
    It was just the first word that came to mind that was printable...if you like, I shall not use it anymore.
    Seriously, I'm a craftsman by trade, but I don't care if tool=tool or tool=rock band or tool=penis.

6. A person used to carry out the designs of another; a dupe.

In this case, the mayor of Cleveland is a tool of (anti-gun) society.
    The early-bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Mayor Jackson (CLeveland) has a history of defying state law. 10 months ago, Ohio passed a law making residency requirements illegal. He refused to obey it, and any city employee that moves will be fired.

A few weeks ago a court ruled against the city and confirmed that residency requirements are illegal. He still refuses to obey the law and any city employee that moves will be fired. He stated that he will continue to defy that law until all of the appeals are exhausted.

He'll probably refuse to obey HB 347 (the new gun law) until the bitter end...a Ohio Supreme Court ruling.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Angio333 View Post
    Mayor Jackson (CLeveland) has a history of defying state law. 10 months ago, Ohio passed a law making residency requirements illegal. He refused to obey it, and any city employee that moves will be fired.

A few weeks ago a court ruled against the city and confirmed that residency requirements are illegal. He still refuses to obey the law and any city employee that moves will be fired. He stated that he will continue to defy that law until all of the appeals are exhausted.
    Just what a cash strapped city needs, an open and shut civil case for any employee who decides to move. Any mayor who decides he doesn't need to follow some laws just because he doesn't like them needs to be recalled.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Quote Originally Posted by Angio333 View Post
    Mayor Jackson (CLeveland) has a history of defying state law. He refused to obey it.......,

He still refuses to obey the law....., He stated that he will continue to defy that law.....,
    WOW, just WOW! Leaves me speechless!

So he refuses to obey the laws implemented? I think Hitler made his own laws. Hmmm....,Stalin rings a bell too. Castro has made his own rules........,such a long list of players who have made their own rules, and we see what has happened.

Where is city council in all of this? If he can't follow the rules, then he needs to go away......NOW!
    Member of the National Rifle Association's Board of Directors
    www.BuckeyeFirearms.org Buckeye Firearms Association Central OH Chair
    NRA Instructor/CCW Instructor/Realtor
    2009 NRA Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award Recipient

They agree and support them. They all are the same political party and ideology.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links