Ok! I'm getting spam from the Anti-Gun Lobby

This is a discussion on Ok! I'm getting spam from the Anti-Gun Lobby within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sorry, couldn't read the whole thing; started feeling ill after a couple of paragraphs. The tax deductible part is BS as well. As for the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok! I'm getting spam from the Anti-Gun Lobby

VIP Member
    Sorry, couldn't read the whole thing; started feeling ill after a couple of paragraphs. The tax deductible part is BS as well.

As for the matching donations, what difference does it make? I'm lost as to what taking them to court to prove it would accomplish, or under what premise such action would be warranted? Not that I am against making them waste their cash on frivolous lawsuits as they have done to us...
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    As for the matching donations, what difference does it make? I'm lost as to what taking them to court to prove it would accomplish, or under what premise such action would be warranted? Not that I am against making them waste their cash on frivolous lawsuits as they have done to us...
    As far as good it would do , I feel that any donations to a political cause should be public . I am curious as to just what big money is ( supposedly ) hiding while supporting them . More likely they will have to admit there is no matching funds which is another nail in their credibility coffin especially if picked up and publicized . Secondarily unethical methods of raising funds could well end any tax exempt status they have .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

and automatic audit for anyone involved.... it would annoy those responsible almost as much as the spam annoys me.

Almost.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    From what i have seen on several boards this seems to be comeing from the brady poll that was posted a while back , so i still agree with my first post , but as stated will kick in a small amount for fileing fees ect.. if we have anyone on the board who wants to persue it with them a bit .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

RR- +1 & +1 !!!!!!!!!!!!

F350 -- heading on email says" stop the NRA.com
    a project of the Brady Campaign"

For all that this is propaganda intended for the grass eaters, it must be taken seriously. This is how they got those 'gun laws' up in our faces originally. WE HAVE TO FIGHT BACK!
    g
    I.C.E.?? dial 1 911 !!!

Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar

How has gun violence
    affected your life?

Responses gathered at the The Village Voices' recent Siren Music Festival in Coney Island

On Labor Day 2005 I lost the love of my life, my best friend and husband to a driveby. It was mistaken identity.

- Anonymous

A teacher in my community was shot by her husband. Gun availability made the heinous crime possible.

- Anonymous

I had a friend whose brother was shot and killed when he was in eighth grade because a student brought a gun to school.

- Anonymous

A college friend was shot and killed while visiting his family on spring break. He was ambushed at a stop light and killed with a gun his murderers bought on the street.

- Anonymous

My close friend's father was murdered by an illegal gun in October 2004 on 16th and Newton St, NE, Washington.

- Mark Slattery

A popular, happy, smart kid in my high school killed himself with a shotgun he found in his house on the first day of school. No one expected it and I always wonder if it still would have happened if his father hadn't owned that gun.

- Anonymous

I am a 44 year old rape survivor. If the gun was not present I would have had the ability to help myself better. I have worked hard to recover from this. Life is good.

- Annmarie

My cousin was playing basketball in a community tournament when he was hit in his right temple by a stray bullet. He and others died by accident.

- Anonymous

When we were 15 years old, a friend of mine took a gun from a friend's house and shot another friend in the head accidentally. She died.

- Anonymous

I lost my brother-in-law, who was a parole officer for the city of New York. He was shot point blank. He was going in for an arrest for a parolee who was wanted for pistol whipping an 80 year old woman. He was 32.

- Anonymous

When I was in the 8th grade, a good friend accidentally shot his cousin, 2 weeks before graduation. The two were playing and one ended dead. I will never forget the boys or the feeling that overcame me to know that I had lost a friend as a result of a misplaced gun.

- Anonymous

I couldn't resist looking at the testamonies for taking all the guns away.
    One woman claims if the rapist hadn't had a gun she would of not been raped.
    Another laments about her husband, gunned down in a drive by shooting....turns out it was a mistake.

What about all the success stories where an armed citizens defends himself or a would-be rapist is gut shot in the attempt by a well armed women. Are these people so far out of reality that they are blinded to it.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

Report them to your e-mail provider as spammers.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Activist Judges Threaten US Gun Law
    Last week, a Federal Appeals Court overturned Washington D.C.’s long-standing restrictions on handguns — a decision that endangers all of America’s gun laws.

This case is most likely headed to the U.S. Supreme Court and we have a tidal wave of work to do before it gets there.

This battle — to its very core — is the most important battle we have ever waged. We need your help today to build a strong Brady Gun Law Defense Fund to save America’s gun laws.

This fight is so critical to the safety and sanity of our nation that an anonymous donor has extended his challenge and will match dollar for dollar all gifts to this Brady Gun Law Defense Fund. Your gift will be fully tax deductible.

The threat to all our gun laws is truly unprecedented. The hypocrisy of the ruling is astounding.

What is at stake for you and your community? An emboldened gun lobby will use the ruling to challenge strong local, state and federal gun laws.

We must prepare for an onslaught of lawsuits in which gun laws will be challenged under this new reading of the Second Amendment — a strategy the gun lobby rarely used because of past legal decisions … until now. And, if the U.S. Supreme Court reverses itself and adopts the “individual right to bear arms” view approved by the Federal Appeals Court, all good gun laws everywhere could be at risk …

… from the long-standing machine gun ban … to the 1968 Gun Control Act … to the Brady Background Check Law.

… to your local and state laws … like the ones in California and New Jersey banning Assault Weapons … and many more.

These and many other life-saving laws promoting public safety are at risk. And we need to be ready for an immediate onslaught of challenges and fight them tooth and nail. We need your help today with a tax-deductible gift!

Why is this ruling so radical? Because the decision defies almost 70 years of legal precedent. All courts before this — save one — have ruled that the Second Amendment is not an individual right to bear arms, and this is the first Federal Appeals Court ever to declare a gun law unconstitutional based on the Second Amendment.

In her dissent, Judge Karen LeCraft Henderson wrote that Second Amendment rights relate to “Those militia whose continued vitality is required to safeguard the individual state.” Unlike Judge Henderson, the two judge majority ruled against decades of legal precedent…

… And completely disregarded the democratically-expressed will of the people of the District of Columbia, depriving D.C. citizens of a strict handgun law enacted thirty years ago.

Talk about judicial activism! We can’t help but note the unbelievable hypocrisy here too. Conservatives cry and gnash their teeth about activism from the bench. This decision is judicial activism at its worst.

Judge Silberman, who wrote the majority opinion, is well-known for his close ties to the right-wing. Now — with quintessential judicial activism from the bench — the gun lobby threatens to achieve through the courts what it has been unable to do in Congress.

This is going to be a long, hard fight, but with your help we will save our nation’s gun laws. We will keep you up-to-date as we confront this extraordinary threat to our efforts to reduce gun violence. But right now, we need your support to build our Brady Gun Law Defense Fund. Remember that right now your gift to this fund will be doubled! Please act now.
    What I found to be both pathetic and ironic is that this email tells exactly what these people are concerned about. It's not your safety and it's not anyone else's safety. Their total concern is for their precious "gun laws". I especially liked the phrase "life-saving laws". Laws do not save lives - people do. Laws "do" nothing. They are acts of legislation not living organisms and therefore they do not and they cannot save lives!

My other favorite part was: "Why is this ruling so radical? Because the decision defies almost 70 years of legal precedent." Never mind that the precedent was based upon lies told by the government attorney. Never mind that the decision made 70 years ago defied over 150 years of legal precedent. Never mind that the laws today clearly violate the precedent that they find so valuable. The precedent stated that firearms that were not like the ones the military used were regulated. The laws today say that firearms that ARE like the ones the military uses are banned.

As you can see logic is not their long suit. Neither is concern for justice, people, nor, in spite of their rhetoric, for law or legal precedent. Their concern is for their own political aggrandizement. These people are the elitists who push for public transportation - for you not for themselves. You out in fly over country need to be taken care of by those much more wise than you. They push for laws to take away your right to defend yourself. They could care less about how many people get killed by guns. If they did they would get their facts straight. They only care about using whatever is at hand to take away the power of the people. Never be surprised at what these people do. You can now what they are going to do. Just thing of anything that can be used to take the power away from the people and put it into the hands of the few and you will know what they will do.

Sorry, but I had a board meeting today and one of our members is a compromising, elitist (I will not insult the legal profession by calling him a lawyer or attorney) shyster. He is one of seven, but thinks his way is the right way despite his obvious lack of knowledge on the subject. That got me started and this just pushed me over the edge.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Tell them you're not convinced and can they send you more information, when you get it, shred it, recycle, tell them you didn't get it and really want it, repeat as required! This will help suck up their budget and burn out their volunteers legally.

VIP Member
    I think we should also start sending those emails directly to the IRS and the Justice Department.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links