Ok! I'm getting spam from the Anti-Gun Lobby

This is a discussion on Ok! I'm getting spam from the Anti-Gun Lobby within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Activist Judges Threaten US Gun Law Last week, a Federal Appeals Court overturned Washington D.C.’s long-standing restrictions on handguns — a decision that endangers all ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok! I'm getting spam from the Anti-Gun Lobby

Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar

Activist Judges Threaten US Gun Law
    Last week, a Federal Appeals Court overturned Washington D.C.’s long-standing restrictions on handguns — a decision that endangers all of America’s gun laws.

This case is most likely headed to the U.S. Supreme Court and we have a tidal wave of work to do before it gets there.

This battle — to its very core — is the most important battle we have ever waged. We need your help today to build a strong Brady Gun Law Defense Fund to save America’s gun laws.

This fight is so critical to the safety and sanity of our nation that an anonymous donor has extended his challenge and will match dollar for dollar all gifts to this Brady Gun Law Defense Fund. Your gift will be fully tax deductible.

The threat to all our gun laws is truly unprecedented. The hypocrisy of the ruling is astounding.

What is at stake for you and your community? An emboldened gun lobby will use the ruling to challenge strong local, state and federal gun laws.

We must prepare for an onslaught of lawsuits in which gun laws will be challenged under this new reading of the Second Amendment — a strategy the gun lobby rarely used because of past legal decisions … until now. And, if the U.S. Supreme Court reverses itself and adopts the “individual right to bear arms” view approved by the Federal Appeals Court, all good gun laws everywhere could be at risk …

… from the long-standing machine gun ban … to the 1968 Gun Control Act … to the Brady Background Check Law.

… to your local and state laws … like the ones in California and New Jersey banning Assault Weapons … and many more.

These and many other life-saving laws promoting public safety are at risk. And we need to be ready for an immediate onslaught of challenges and fight them tooth and nail. We need your help today with a tax-deductible gift!

Why is this ruling so radical? Because the decision defies almost 70 years of legal precedent. All courts before this — save one — have ruled that the Second Amendment is not an individual right to bear arms, and this is the first Federal Appeals Court ever to declare a gun law unconstitutional based on the Second Amendment.

In her dissent, Judge Karen LeCraft Henderson wrote that Second Amendment rights relate to “Those militia whose continued vitality is required to safeguard the individual state.” Unlike Judge Henderson, the two judge majority ruled against decades of legal precedent…

… And completely disregarded the democratically-expressed will of the people of the District of Columbia, depriving D.C. citizens of a strict handgun law enacted thirty years ago.

Talk about judicial activism! We can’t help but note the unbelievable hypocrisy here too. Conservatives cry and gnash their teeth about activism from the bench. This decision is judicial activism at its worst.

Judge Silberman, who wrote the majority opinion, is well-known for his close ties to the right-wing. Now — with quintessential judicial activism from the bench — the gun lobby threatens to achieve through the courts what it has been unable to do in Congress.

This is going to be a long, hard fight, but with your help we will save our nation’s gun laws. We will keep you up-to-date as we confront this extraordinary threat to our efforts to reduce gun violence. But right now, we need your support to build our Brady Gun Law Defense Fund. Remember that right now your gift to this fund will be doubled! Please act now.

I can work up any sympathy even if I tried....
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

JD
    Administrator
    I feel naucious, where's some anti propaganda for me to barf on?

An anti spam blocker is good especially for them!! Steve48

Assistant Administrator
    I too am about to throw up.

What absolute gut-emotion driven horse pucky. Hmmm - what about criminals huh? Sorta forgot those in the rush to try and still keep lawful folks from having guns.

I would really like, for each and every one of the idiots who writes such purile trash, that they personally encounter a situation where an armed criminal assaults them - and they realize that a means of self defence is actually a good idea.

But no - sorry - I am using rose-tinted glasses again ......... they draw NO distinction between the good guys and the bad guys. To ''them'' - all guns are in the hands of bad guys, who they should note but never do - will laugh at any extra laws. In DC and elsewhere they already do.

These people are constitutionally impotent and ignorant.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Wait. Am I missing something. Did that say "tax deductable contribution"? How come I can deduct my NRA membership then?
    -Biker

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbiker View Post
    Wait. Am I missing something. Did that say "tax deductable contribution"? How come I can deduct my NRA membership then?
    I was thinking the same thing. A gift to help the Brady bunch destroy the Bill of Rights is tax deductible but my donation to NRA to help defend the Bill of Rights is not.

This forum is much to polite for me to say how I really feel about these people, so I'll just say I don't like them very much.
    Last edited by craze; March 15th, 2007 at 03:33 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

VIP Member
    I received the same email...it came from 'StoptheNRA.com' this is the Brady outfit......

This fight is so critical to the safety and sanity of our nation that an anonymous donor has extended his challenge and will match dollar for dollar all gifts to this Brady Gun Law Defense Fund. Your gift will be fully tax deductible.
    TAX REFUNDABLE!!!!!! How can this outfit be considered tax exempt? Is it a charity? I thought that once you cross the line politically that you are no longer 'tax deductible'.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Yea, I got the same "load of Crap" e-mail !
    Also, I see that H.R.1022 now has 26 cosponsors now.
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

This fight is so critical to the safety and sanity of our nation that an anonymous donor {can you say George Soros} has extended his challenge and will match dollar for dollar all gifts to this Brady Gun Law Defense Fund. Your gift will be fully tax deductible.
    I am sending this to my congresswoman who is very pro-gun. She might be able to get Justice/IRS to look into this. Would love to get the bustards on a tax statute. What group specifically sent this???

Also don't block the emails, you are receiving the enemy play book, you don't have to read it, just post up or forward to our groups so they know what the enemy is up to.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    well, they're right about one thing: after this ruling, especially if the supreme court upholds it, there will hopefully be a rash of gun law challenges.

If anything, this should be incentive for all of us to stand up and be vocal

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    So reply that you recieved the mail , didnt have time to fully read it , but you agree its a worthy cause so you sent a check for $100.00 to the NRA as they requested . LOL .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I Like Your Thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    So reply that you recieved the mail , didnt have time to fully read it , but you agree its a worthy cause so you sent a check for $100.00 to the NRA as they requested . LOL .
    I think I'll do the same...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

i'd like to see proof donations are being matched, too......

this is pure crap. they might as well be asking for money from an ecuador bank fund presidents wife that needs someone to front 5000 american to prove the bank account is open.... and i woke up in a hotel bathtub with my kidneys removed...

i'd like to see this investigated, bad

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Well possibly some pro 2a attorney with too much time on his hands will send them $5.00 and then challenge them to prove the matching funds , in court if necessary.

Edited to add that I will kick in 10 bucks or so for fileing fees if we have such a critter on the board LOL ( especialy if it unmasks the so called doner ) .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    did everybody that gpt that dp the Brady survey a few weeks ago???
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links