NH Senate Judiciary Committe Unanimously Rejects SB-44 (May Issue bill)

This is a discussion on NH Senate Judiciary Committe Unanimously Rejects SB-44 (May Issue bill) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.gonh.org/ On Thursday morning, March 15, Senate Bill 44, sponsored by Senator Peter Burling [D-5], and Representatives Lee Hammond [D-Graf 11] and John Tholl [R-Coos ...

Thread: NH Senate Judiciary Committe Unanimously Rejects SB-44 (May Issue bill)

http://www.gonh.org/

On Thursday morning, March 15, Senate Bill 44, sponsored by Senator Peter Burling [D-5], and Representatives Lee Hammond [D-Graf 11] and John Tholl [R-Coos 2], seeking to change the concealed carry licensing statute to allow the issuing authority to deny a license to anyone "the official reasonably believes to be a member of a terrorist or criminal organization," was unanimously rejected by the Senate Judiciary Committee before an overstuffed hearing room and a jam-packed Hall of Flags.

GO-NH member and supporter Ken Kreis estimated as many as 500-600 people in attendance.

A concerted turnout effort by GO-NH, the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance, and other pro-freedom groups statewide was responsible for this tremendous display of opposition to the bill.

If you were there, thank you! Your presence as part of that overwhelming turnout sent a resounding message, even if you weren't one of the few who was able to speak.

VIP Member
    ...to allow the issuing authority to deny a license to anyone "the official reasonably believes to be a member of a terrorist or criminal organization"...
    "Officials" exercising reason...

This is good news...congrats on getting it shot down!...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Good news. That's all we need, "officials" deciding who is good and who is bad. True "terrorists" won't be applying for a license.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Someone Has Some Smarts...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight View Post
    True "terrorists" won't be applying for a license.
    Probably true. But then, what if they do apply for licenses in order to carry while they are preparing their other, bigger plans? I mean, unless we're talking about people who are such terrorists that they are not even here in any legal capacity, but for example, the 9/11 terrorists were. . .

I think it's good that they held off on approving this kind of legislation, because the fact is, if someone is soooo suspected of that kind of thing (by the dude behind the counter of the gun permit office? ) then he should be under indictment and/or constant surveillance, and it shouldn't matter whether he gets the permit. In fact, his getting the permit could end up being part of a case of criminal conspiracy against him later ("See? He was getting the permit so that he could make straw purchases for his terrorist cohorts.")

I think that we need to seriously pin down REASONABLE objective criteria before we go throwing around terms like "terrorist." (And also "weapon of mass destruction," which I've heard some media numbskulls use to describe, loosely, AR-15s, etc.)

I would not want to see this kind of law passeds at least until we can be sure that they won't start labeling the NRA "terrorist."

Here we go again with you are guilty before you are convicted. If these guys had their way you would be shot just for applying for the permit. Thank God the majority who voted this down had some common sense.

I was there, and what a turn out it was!! The numbers showed that we're not gonna take it lying down, nor give in to people who want to take our legal right to defend ourselves away from us. I hope other States follow suit and begin to turn the tide on the bad guys.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

VIP Member
    Well done, New Hampshire...congratulations!

Assistant Administrator
    I was there, and what a turn out it was!!
    Bob - good on ya dude ....... the show of folks was impressive and this is what things are all about. Making voices heard.

Good!!!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I think its very important to shot down stuff like this, even if it doesnt directly relate to the legal gun buying public. You dont wanna give anyone out thier soemthign they can loop hole or try to use a legal presidence againt someone legally purchasing and using a wepon. I thinkt hats why the new assult wepons bam is written so wishy washy. Dont leave things open for some yahoo judge to interprit as they see fit.

Links