Community Suggests Gun Possession Is Illegal For Residents - Page 3

Community Suggests Gun Possession Is Illegal For Residents

This is a discussion on Community Suggests Gun Possession Is Illegal For Residents within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by SIXTO and thats exactly my point. I knew before I bought my home what the rules are, the benefits and pitfalls. Sometimes ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Community Suggests Gun Possession Is Illegal For Residents

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    and thats exactly my point. I knew before I bought my home what the rules are, the benefits and pitfalls. Sometimes its a PIA to deal with, but my property values continue to rise and I am content that I know I wont have to look out at a smurf blue house with a chicken coup on the porch and a goat tied to an old washing machine.
    I keep a small farm a few miles away to satisfy the hillbilly in me, and in a few years I will build a new home on that land, and I will be the one with chickens and goats, but no neighbors.
    Oh yeah, I have old glory flying proud and high.
    LOL - AM ALREADY THERE (minus the chicken coup and goat), but I have no HOA and Old Glory is flyin high right out in front!
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    There are statutory limitations on what regulations these associations can adopt
    Oh pulease. The limitations are not near comprehensive enough. Read a south Florida newspaper and you'll know this is true.

Some people prefer the comfort of having their property cared for by the association.
    That's what I see is the problem. We as a society are departing from what we used to be -- self-sufficient people who lived on their own property, not in a commune, and cared for it themselves.

Now, out of laziness or a sense of entitlement or whatever, people are willing to sign away their rights for the convenience of having a service mow their lawn. MY personal opinion is that this is ludicrous and stupid, and those who do it deserve what they get when what they thought was so wonderful turns around and nips 'em in the butt: when some rule gets passed that does curtail what they want to do.

Also, when you buy into these communities you do so with your eyes open concerning restrictions on the use of your property.
    Are you kidding? People get into this because they see a b.s. fantasy played before their eyes when the sales pitch is going on; that, or they willfully blind themselves to the reality of relinquishing control of "their property" (it isn't really theirs if they don't get to call the shots about what's done with it) for the big wonderful payoff of not having to mow a lawn or pay a cable bill. (The irony is that the cable bill comes out of their dues anyway, and if they think the association is going to let itself give anything away for free, well. . .)

Hey guys, if you don't want to live in this kind of environment that is your choice, but don't insult those of us who do. That is none of your business.
    We are entitled to our opinion. We view this as a development that is eroding people's rights; and even if it's happening only to the "willing," it's still something we view as a bad, undesirable thing that is coming to be more and more popular, to our dismay. These kinds of "gated developments" and such are popping up more and more and more, taking up real estate that otherwise used to get used for ordinary, traditional homes and neighborhoods.

If the communist dictatorship kind of reality of these places don't bother you, fine. But to me and others, the growth of them is like watching the country next door turn communist and then hearing that we're supposed to just let it slide and not let it trouble us that we may be FORCED to live like that next.

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Oh pulease. The limitations are not near comprehensive enough. Read a south Florida newspaper and you'll know this is true.

That's what I see is the problem. We as a society are departing from what we used to be -- self-sufficient people who lived on their own property, not in a commune, and cared for it themselves.

Now, out of laziness or a sense of entitlement or whatever, people are willing to sign away their rights for the convenience of having a service mow their lawn. MY personal opinion is that this is ludicrous and stupid, and those who do it deserve what they get when what they thought was so wonderful turns around and nips 'em in the butt: when some rule gets passed that does curtail what they want to do.

Are you kidding? People get into this because they see a b.s. fantasy played before their eyes when the sales pitch is going on; that, or they willfully blind themselves to the reality of relinquishing control of "their property" (it isn't really theirs if they don't get to call the shots about what's done with it) for the big wonderful payoff of not having to mow a lawn or pay a cable bill. (The irony is that the cable bill comes out of their dues anyway, and if they think the association is going to let itself give anything away for free, well. . .)

We are entitled to our opinion. We view this as a development that is eroding people's rights; and even if it's happening only to the "willing," it's still something we view as a bad, undesirable thing that is coming to be more and more popular, to our dismay. These kinds of "gated developments" and such are popping up more and more and more, taking up real estate that otherwise used to get used for ordinary, traditional homes and neighborhoods.

If the communist dictatorship kind of reality of these places don't bother you, fine. But to me and others, the growth of them is like watching the country next door turn communist and then hearing that we're supposed to just let it slide and not let it trouble us that we may be FORCED to live like that next.
    Your post is so inflammatory, rambling, demeaning, and filled with such hogwash, that for me to adequately respond would probably get me banned from the Forum, so I am going to let it pass. Let me just say that you can express your opinion in a much more civil manner, the way most other members manage to do.

Ron

Assistant Administrator
    Folks - this gettin outa hand!!

I feel most views have been expressed by now and continuation will not be beneficial, sorry.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links