FOX News: Gun Enthusiasts Mobilize in Blogosphere in New Era For Grassroots

This is a discussion on FOX News: Gun Enthusiasts Mobilize in Blogosphere in New Era For Grassroots within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; (Mods--please move accordingly) http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,260492,00.html A massive and seemingly mobilized online community has sprung among gun rights advocates readying for any possible action by the Democratic-led ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FOX News: Gun Enthusiasts Mobilize in Blogosphere in New Era For Grassroots

FOX News: Gun Enthusiasts Mobilize in Blogosphere in New Era For Grassroots

(Mods--please move accordingly)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,260492,00.html

A massive and seemingly mobilized online community has sprung among gun rights advocates readying for any possible action by the Democratic-led Congress to limit an individual's right to bear arms

(read the story)

2. Remove Ads

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I like the photo......O MY GOSH ITS SCARY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PHEW it looks like it has a 10 round magazine. Not one of those 33 Devil magazines, add another 3 then you have 333 multply that by 2 you have 666 OOO so scary.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

1943 - 2009
    Of all the gun pics they could have used, they chose that one!

Gimme a break!

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

VIP Member
    "Gun Enthusiasts Mobilize in Blogosphere in New Era For Grassroots"

At least the title didn't start with 'Gun Nuts Mobilize.......'. The opening picture just had to be of 'evil assault rifles' (*AB-10, AK-47 & HK-MP5) though. Plus the last half was devoted to the ANTI-GUN side......I guess that's 'fair & balanced' for you.....

note: AB10 is the post ban Tec9, same gun just looks less evil.
    Last edited by goawayfarm; March 23rd, 2007 at 05:04 PM.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I cannot agree with what was done to zumbo by us as gun owners . I also cannot disagree with the fact it opened up a lot of eyes , and painted the path to empowerment by online communication . Time will tell if we unite as a community of firearms owners or re fragment. In any case , like the old chinese curse , we do live in interesting times.
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Redneck you said you could not agree with what was done to zumbo by gun owners! WHY? He made a choice to state his opinion and we stated ours. He bit the hand that was feeding him.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    I cannot agree with what was done to zumbo by us as gun owners .....
    Here is why I am displeased with Zumbo:

This is from the Congressional Record!!!!!!!
    http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-...me=2007_record

ASSAULT WEAPONS
    "Mr. LEVIN. Mr. President, the National Rifle Association leadership has stated repeatedly that a ban on assault weapons is ineffective and unnecessary. They assert that guns labeled as assault weapons are rarely used in violent crimes and that most people use them for hunting. However, despite these repeated assertions, the list of people speaking out against assault weapons continues to grow." ...

"We all owe Jim Zumbo a debt of gratitude for his forthrightness, his honesty and his courage. We must put the safety of our communities first by taking up and passing sensible gun legislation that includes renewing the assault weapons ban."
    His words are now being used against ALL firearm owners!

Many gun owners feel the same way he does, they think the Second Amendment has to do with hunting & sport shooting.They think no one has any justification to own 'assault weapons'....that is an ill- informed & dangerous assumption. Our society is so uneducated in the Constitution & Bill of Rights, that is what separates the USA from ALL other countries. All this trouble due to a lack of proper education on the basic principles this country was founded on!

This is why & how we are where we are.........for years politicians on the left have gotten elected by saying......"I'm not going to take your hunting arms away.....see, even I go a huntin'....". They have successfully brainwashed a large portion of the general public to that effect. Many people that I know, that own firearms, feel this way.........IT'S WRONG!. The only way to get this across to people is education on the subject........The alternative is not a good one..............

"In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that falls, the cartridge box." - Steve Symms, U.S. Senator, Idaho
    Do I feel sorry for Zumbo?......You bet, I think his apology was sincere & I think he has learned that maybe hunting firearms isn't what the Second Amend. is about. He should have known prior to his article, but alas, he didn't.

Now his words are being used against all of us.............
    Last edited by goawayfarm; March 23rd, 2007 at 09:22 PM.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Ok i pretty much knew that my disapproval of the entire zumbo incident would create issues . But i have to call em like i see them . I see an ignorant old man who only casually wrote about guns , voice a mistaken opinion , and loose his livelihood for it . While his opinon was wrong , i feel that the Nuge's approch is more in keeping with us as a community , educate and accept . Zumbo is not my kind of gunowner , nor will i most likely eaver meet him , howeaver he is forgiven here . Till his last blog , the guy owned maby 4 guns , and wanted no more , nor was he intrested in learning , he was a hunter who wrote about hunting till he stepped on his probiscus . I think we should have had a softer tone with him , but had we we would not have seen just how united we are . Jefferson once said something to the effect that the tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of patriots , and tyrants from time to time . Zumbo imho is a misguided patriot who has shed E-blood for our cause , and should be vilified no more since he will work the rest of his life to minimise the damage he has done .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Mr. Zumbo did about as much damage as good. In his own way he united owners into a common cause. I can forgive him for his poor selection of words due to the fact that I think he is sincere. and will work to further strenthen the Second Amendment. Mr. Zumbo could be a good asset for our cause.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    I think the total membership for our Canadian gunnutz site is 19,000 so far.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/

The internet is a huge bonus for shooters as we are generally quiet about our hobbies and our banding together and going after the government and the media is having positive effects up North.

The valley of the sun scorched earth(Phx,Az)
    I think we should have had a softer tone with him

I don't think so. It's the same with training a dog, sometimes they need a yank on the chain to remind them who is in control. If we had been softer on him the antis would have bitten even HARDER thinking we had let go of the leash.

and should be vilified no more since he will work the rest of his life to minimise the damage he has done .
    YES he will!
    Last edited by KMBRTAC45; March 26th, 2007 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Quote inside Quote is mine. not sure why it is showin that way.
    NRA Life Member USCCA Member

Freedoms Precious Metals:Gold, Silver and Lead

"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

Kimber Tactical Pro II w/EE over 2000 rnds NO MALFUNCTIONS

I haven't had the chance to read or watch Zumbo, or at least to my knowledge. All I know is that I have a AR-15 and AR-10 and wouldn't be happy if I was told I couldn't own them. Furthermore, when I go deer hunting, I primarily use my 30-06, but I've used my AR-10 before and it worked great. And not only that, but I've been looking into sport shooting events were they use AR-15's. And also, If we let them take away our 'assault rifles', then my question is what are they going to take next?

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwaddicted View Post
    when I go deer hunting, I primarily use my 30-06,
    then my question is what are they going to take next?
    Why that evil cop killing sniper rifle.

Remember, this new push is subtitled "The Police Protection Act" so if you disagree, you can be labeled as not caring for our Police Officers. IMHO

Maybe we should counter with the Citizens Protection Act. Oh yeah,
    That's the 2A, sorry, momentary lapse of reason.

I think it is funny that the drop in crime back in the 90's (B4 the origional AWB)had nothing to do with Concealed carry being made shall issue in a lot of states, or guns in general, but the rise in crime now is because of all of these guns.

Gun bans are like potato chips, you can't have just one.

Edit to add:
    The crime rates have gone up. no figures on the changes in rates of chrime commited with "assault weapons". I guess that would be to much work to figure out, or maybe counterproductive to the cause.

Once again, why let something like the truth get in their way.
    Last edited by 4my sons; March 26th, 2007 at 03:45 PM.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Sponsor
    I know this is like preaching to the choir, but this seems like a good time and place to remind everyone of a great little book:
    "The Second Amendment Primer" by Les Adams. A citizens guide book to the history, sources and authorities for the constitutional guarantee of the right to keep and bear arms.
    Not only is it a good read, it is an exceptional resource for arguing our case with ignorant liberals.
    Edited to add:
    BTW I half jokingly refer to myself as a conservatively liberal anarchist.
    Last edited by luvmy40; March 29th, 2007 at 04:02 PM. Reason: spelling
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

In times of peace the first is required to protect the second.
    In times of war the second is required to protect the first.
    This is probably the true balance of power meant by the eternal vigilance saying.

Sounds like the anti's are wanting to kill the Internet now (or just some of it).
    -Diplomacy: The art of saying nice dogie until you can find a rock.
    -The truth is a three edged sword.
    -Your brain is your primary weapon everything else is just a tool.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links