Demo's Put Zumbo In Congressional Record

This is a discussion on Demo's Put Zumbo In Congressional Record within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.packing.org/community/general/listview/21964 DEMO'S PUT ZUMBO IN CONGRESSIONAL RECORD - NOW TIME FOR ZUMBO TO STAND UP - AND SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS ... WHATEVER HIS TRUE ...

Thread: Demo's Put Zumbo In Congressional Record

http://www.packing.org/community/general/listview/21964

DEMO'S PUT ZUMBO IN CONGRESSIONAL RECORD - NOW TIME
    FOR ZUMBO TO STAND UP - AND SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS ...
    WHATEVER HIS TRUE COLORS ARE ....

VIP Member
    Here is why I am displeased with Zumbo:

This is from the Congressional Record!!!!!!!
    http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-...me=2007_record

ASSAULT WEAPONS
    "Mr. LEVIN. Mr. President, the National Rifle Association leadership has stated repeatedly that a ban on assault weapons is ineffective and unnecessary. They assert that guns labeled as assault weapons are rarely used in violent crimes and that most people use them for hunting. However, despite these repeated assertions, the list of people speaking out against assault weapons continues to grow." ...

"We all owe Jim Zumbo a debt of gratitude for his forthrightness, his honesty and his courage. We must put the safety of our communities first by taking up and passing sensible gun legislation that includes renewing the assault weapons ban."
    His words are now being used against ALL firearm owners!

Many gun owners feel the same way he does, they think the Second Amendment has to do with hunting & sport shooting.They think no one has any justification to own 'assault weapons'....that is an ill- informed & dangerous assumption. Our society is so uneducated in the Constitution & Bill of Rights, that is what separates the USA from ALL other countries. All this trouble due to a lack of proper education on the basic principles this country was founded on!

This is why & how we are where we are.........for years politicians on the left have gotten elected by saying......"I'm not going to take your hunting arms away.....see, even I go a huntin'....". They have successfully brainwashed a large portion of the general public to that effect. Many people that I know, that own firearms, feel this way.........IT'S WRONG!. The only way to get this across to people is education on the subject........The alternative is not a good one..............

"In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that falls, the cartridge box." - Steve Symms, U.S. Senator, Idaho
    Do I feel sorry for Zumbo?......You bet, I think his apology was sincere & I think he has learned that maybe hunting firearms isn't what the Second Amend. is about. He should have known prior to his article, but alas, he didn't.

Now his words are being used against all of us.............
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    ok, now we get to find out if he was sincere or not.

IMO, he needs to come out kicking with both feet on this, make some public statements, contact every congressman he can and personally express his outrage at having been quoted in this way, and set it straight.

He's still got enough name recognition among all kinds of shooters that if he doesn't step on this, and hard, me might get excommunicated all over again.

So when is Zumbo going to stand up, call his representative and say--"I WAS WRONG and IGNORANT" and get THAT in the Congressional Record?

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    So when is Zumbo going to stand up, call his representative and say--"I WAS WRONG and IGNORANT" and get THAT in the Congressional Record?
    When Hell freezes over, apparently. He's done more damage to firearms ownership in this country than he apparently can fathom. Dumb cuss. Dangerous, dumb cuss.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Stupidity = Zumbo
    "The best compliment to the Warrior is that others feel safe while you are around." I would add especially if they REALLY ARE safe when you are around.

Funny, but they forget what he has said after his original outburst.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    Funny, but they forget what he has said after his original outburst.
    Forget? They don't want to know! i'm sure if someone went up to them and tried to tell them, they'd be shooed off before they could finish the sentence.

Well Mr Zumbo it's time to make good on your promise and show us what your true feelings are by retracting the statement you made.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Zumbo,S&W......all the same to me.

It would be very interesting to see what pressure was put on them....and from where. They caved. SAD very SAD.

You who made excuses for S&W,lets hear it for Zumbo. It should be easier this time. -----

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    I hate to sound really freakin' cynical - But he who lets his guard down ends up being enslaved!!! Zumbo and his ilk don't get it. The issue is not about hunting. The issue is about our God-given right to bear arms. It doesn't matter what the heck it is....From the Barrett .50 cal down to a .22 cal Colt Woodsman (love that pistol!!).
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Thanks again, Mr. Zumbo.

it was just a matter of time...

He got what he deserved!! Steve48

Sponsored Links