Check out these guys.... Pro 2nd Amd Dems!

This is a discussion on Check out these guys.... Pro 2nd Amd Dems! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://groups.yahoo.com/group/a2dems_discussion/ Anyone familiar with them?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Check out these guys.... Pro 2nd Amd Dems!

Check out these guys.... Pro 2nd Amd Dems!

"The best compliment to the Warrior is that others feel safe while you are around." I would add especially if they REALLY ARE safe when you are around.

2. Remove Ads

Lots of Democrats are pro-gun/pro 2nd.
    I know that for a fact.

They are just hard to spot as they don't wear anything on their sleeve normally, save for TN speaker Jimmy Naifeh who has a 'Democrat and I own guns' sticker on the back of his car.

Most keep it secret.

Wow. Cool sticker! Yeah, I guess I know some Dems that are progun, but what specifically do we know about this org?
    "The best compliment to the Warrior is that others feel safe while you are around." I would add especially if they REALLY ARE safe when you are around.

I just sent them a request to join to see what else I could find out about them. We'll see if they let me join, or if they are only interested in having registered dems join the convo.
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

great thanks guys!

Just wish there were more of them around. Steve48

The 1994 Feel Good Assault Weapons Ban was passed in the US House by one vote. 38 Republicans voted in favor of the AWB, 77 Democrats, almost one third of House Democrats, voted against it. Yes, there are pro-gun Democrats in Congress, along with anti-gun Republicans.

From Sarah Brady herself:

http://www.csgv.org/research/votes/k...ault_hvote.cfm

Member Array Gun Loving Liveral's Avatar
    Don't forget me! I've been proudly proclaiming my predominantly liberal vews along with my pro-gun ownership and CC all along. I made sure my name would tell it all.
    Now for my soapbox: we today try to paint our fellow citizens only with the braodest strokes. But when we scratch a little bit of that paint off we find mixtures of all kinds of political philosophy, which to me has always been the true base of democracy in our society. I am sure we can find, with only a little searching democraats who are pro 2nd amendment and prolife and pro death penalty and republicans who are shaky on some gun control, are pro choice and are anti death penalty. One reason people have become reluctant to express mixed views of moderation is the two extreme sides of the media. Let us be honest. Print media and television is strongly liberal. Talk radio is filmly held by the conservatives. If someone says he is republican but is pro choice MAnn Coulter calls him a traitor. If a democrat says he is pro death penalty Howard Stern makes the guys whole comment into some obscne joke and calls him an idiot. We have mavens of the expreme media DEFINING what it is to be a liberal or democrat, and woe to he or she who strays even a step. I have always dediced it was best to make up my mind. The Second Amendment says the rights of the "People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". Very clear to me. THe constitution also saddles government with the responsibilities of protecting the citizens life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. Sometimes, not always but often, liberal laws and government are the only way to accomplish some of those goals. Thus my pride, and lack of inner contradictions at being a Gun Loving Liberal!
    In Oklahoma, even we liberals like guns!

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Hey, I'm with Liveral here. I'm pretty liberal (I'm a criminal defense lawyer for Heaven's sake) and a Yellow Dog Democrat (apologies to those who do not know what that means.

But you better not mess with any of our Democrat-owned guns in this here Sooner State.

Or your family will be sorry 'cause you won't live long enough to be sorry.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

I'm as liberal as it gets on the social spectrum. I'm also as fiscally conservative as it gets. The joys of being extremist on both ends. :)
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Cool, i've been educated!

I'm with you as well Liveral.

I'm a pro-gun/pro-2A/pro-RKBA liberal online as well as in my private life and have been for ages.
    It always amazes me that folks seem to think if you're liberal or registered as a Democrat that for some reason you are automatically & unchangeably anti-gun...and that being a conservative or having registered as Republican makes you automatically pro-gun/pro-2A/pro-RKBA et. al. There are many conservatives and republicans who are gun shy, gun fearful, anti-hunter, anti-CCW and more just the same as there are democrats and liberals in that same camp.

Democrats have been hunting, shooting, and defending their homes since before the Bill of Rights even came to be, and have been there after.
    Evidence of this is everywhere and not at all hard to find amongst the public or politicians.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

kpw
    Hmm, in PA here, registered democrats outnumber republicans by a fair margin. We also have a huge number of hunters and gun owners and our gun laws are pretty friendly. There are plenty of pro-gun dems out there. Unfortunately, it's the left wing wackos that get most of the attention nationally. They give the rest of the dems a bad name. Unlike our shining examples of the republican party. Yeah, I'm a republican and fairly conservative on most issues. That doesn't keep me from voting for a democrat if they are the better choice.

Well, if we're outing ourselves consider me in. Although I'm sure it was patently obvious already.
    I'm Liberal, mainly because there isn't a political party that represents me fully and the Dems come closest. I considered myself a Utopian Anarchist when I was a younger man, but realized quite soon that anarchy doesn't achieve much good. I just wanted to be left alone when I wanted but in a society with a safety net for all.

No idea what I believe now, it's far too complicated. Both parties in this country annoy the snot out of me, we need at least another two solid options.

I generally don't mention politics to gun people, but do mention guns to Liberals. Maybe it's just that I'm lucky but I haven't lost a friend or associate because I go to the range and choose to have a self-defense option.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    .02, try this out.

http://www.self-gov.org/quiz.html

Libertarianism may be what you're looking for, I know it suits me just fine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links