An ignorant anti-gun "journalist" and my response to her article.

This is a discussion on An ignorant anti-gun "journalist" and my response to her article. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by USPnTX JT - Where in the world did you pull up the Freud quote? I don't remember where I originally found it. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An ignorant anti-gun "journalist" and my response to her article.

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by USPnTX View Post
    JT - Where in the world did you pull up the Freud quote?
    I don't remember where I originally found it. It's been in my collection for a while. It's from A General Introduction to Psychoanalysis by Freud.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2. Remove Ads

Not a Clue...

Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday View Post
    I find it amazing that she doesn't take enough pride in her work to at least do 10 minutes of research before she wrote the article.

If I was her boss, I'd fire her over looking so ignorant.
    to the real facts.
    But...isn't this typical of today's media?

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

these people get under my skin. They would be the first to yell and scream and rant if we missed one detail but when it is them under the microscope they are nothing but excuses. I have had a LOT of people i call friends die. Some suicide.....some died in combat and training accidents. STUFF happens. I know this and the rest of the world needs to realize that there is no such thing as a utopia of peace and harmony. There will ALWAYS be bad people trying to do bad things. It is human nature. I would rather have a gun and use it to save a life than try to use a bat to try to take on someone twice my size when he flips his wig and is attacking people while high on crack, meth, and alcohol. But maybe that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    Why? The press hasn't since well before 1800........... It is extremely hard to overcome irrational emotion with facts, isn't it?
    I agree, which is why I mentioned pride in your work. I'd never make any arguments for something I don't understand. Ignorance is not an excuse or at least it shouldn't be.

Wow, I dont know what periodical publishes this woman but, aside from being grotesquely biased it seems that she doesn't have a very firm grasp on the English language.

I understand that language is a tool and some of us have a better grasp on how to use it than others, but this woman is a professional writer, and her writing style is roughly equivalent of a average joe attempting to perform a delicate brain tumor removal with a circular-saw and a claw-hammer.

Seriously, watching her train of thought is like watching Stephen Hawking try to cross a rope bridge.

Edit : noticed one of my own literary blunders :(

Sounds like she's very young...inexperienced and does not know how to vent her emotions. She's spouting off the trash she's learned in school and on the news about how bad guns are...despite her acknowledgement that she knows its the holder of the gun that makes it bad. She fails to say that in her original article. Sounds like the editor of the rag that posted her column needed to know some of her background before publishing her column...but then again, I assume that the editor *does not* have an agenda...sorry, I will put down the idiot sandwich...

Mike in VA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links