Calling The Organizer on His Assertions

This is a discussion on Calling The Organizer on His Assertions within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So good, I shared it on my FB page. The headline calls him a liar, so I don't have to: "President Obama’s administration has long ...

Like Tree27Likes
  • 10 Post By Mike1956
  • 1 Post By rammerjammer
  • 2 Post By DingBat
  • 2 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By ETXhiker
  • 1 Post By Mike1956
  • 3 Post By QKShooter
  • 7 Post By msgt/ret

Thread: Calling The Organizer on His Assertions

VIP Member

So good, I shared it on my FB page. The headline calls him a liar, so I don't have to:

"President Obama’s administration has long been dishonest about the root causes of violent crime, which are typically the result of poverty, desperation, gang activity, illegal drug dealing, and mental illness. Despite collusion by this administration with the agenda-driven reporting of the mainstream media, the “gun violence epidemic” so regularly brought up by President Obama and other anti-gun politicians has been conclusively proven to be a lie."

BOOM: NSSF Addresses President Obama's Lies About The Gun Industry
    ccw9mm, ctr, hick63 and 7 others like this.
    "To reject the notion of expertise, and to replace it with a sanctimonious insistence that every person has a right to his or her own opinion, is silly."

Tom Nichols

Yup, the average American really has a slim chance of being a victim of gun violence.
    12140833_648274138647048_218465376706287925_n (1).jpg
    ETXhiker likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

never let pesky facts get in the way of a perfectly good agenda.
    Mike1956 and Aceoky like this.
    "If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting - how many times was that?"

"You cannot control the Enemy. You can control yourself. The Victory lies within."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    has long been dishonest about the root causes of violent crime, which are typically the result of poverty, desperation, gang activity, illegal drug dealing, and mental illness.

Despite collusion by this administration with the agenda-driven reporting of the mainstream media ...
    Imagine the same argument being used with speech.

Libel, slander, fraud and the like are typically the result of lack of a moral compass, refusal to listen to Mommy's lessons when being raised, believing the "easy" road is the one involving cheating others, lack of personal responsibility, lack of integrity. It's most certainly not about the size of your pencil, the number of dictionaries you possess, whether you carry your computer with you, how many TB in detachable storage you have, or even whether (heaven forbid!) you own and use a megaphone.

Go get 'em, NSSF. Of course, I can't imagine many dyed-in-the-wool anti's will give that article more than 5 seconds of thinking time, and little thinking about the true message will ever occur.
    Mike1956 and ETXhiker like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

There are some on the left who are truly afraid of guns and their feelings about them are emotion based. But I am convinced that most of those in positions of power want gun control, not because they care about public safety, but because they see guns as an impediment to their desire for power over their subjects.
    Mike1956 likes this.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ETXhiker View Post
    There are some on the left who are truly afraid of guns and their feelings about them are emotion based. But I am convinced that most of those in positions of power want gun control, not because they care about public safety, but because they see guns as an impediment to their desire for power over their subjects.
    There are those on the right side of guns who are pretty emotional, too, with the big difference being those emotions usually have basis in fact.
    ETXhiker likes this.
    "To reject the notion of expertise, and to replace it with a sanctimonious insistence that every person has a right to his or her own opinion, is silly."

Tom Nichols

Administrator
    Just keep it on topic to the original post.

No general, unrelated.."O" bashing. It's tough I know.

But, it only serves to derail a thread topic that is quite applicable to gun owners.

Good.....so far.
    Mike1956, msgt/ret and ETXhiker like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Yup, the average American really has a slim chance of being a victim of gun violence.
    12140833_648274138647048_218465376706287925_n (1).jpg
    No one has ever been the victim of “gun violence” and contrary to the propaganda spewed by the antis, politicians and the media guns are inanimate objects incapable of causing violence by their own volition. By the same token there have been many victims of violence by criminals using guns.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Sponsored Links