At SHOT, the REAL gun safety experts speak

This is a discussion on At SHOT, the REAL gun safety experts speak within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ‘We are America’s gun safety experts,’ says NSSF letter to Obama The National Shooting Sports Foundation has fired a political shot across President Barack Obama’s ...

Like Tree37Likes
  • 3 Post By DaveWorkman
  • 6 Post By Ghost1958
  • 10 Post By msgt/ret
  • 5 Post By dmitchsr
  • 2 Post By CommonCents
  • 2 Post By Bama61
  • 3 Post By Ghost1958
  • 2 Post By TideAlumO4
  • 2 Post By gen3
  • 2 Post By smolck

Thread: At SHOT, the REAL gun safety experts speak

‘We are America’s gun safety experts,’ says NSSF letter to Obama

The National Shooting Sports Foundation has fired a political shot across President Barack Obama’s bow as the annual Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade (SHOT) show wraps up today in Las Vegas, timed coincidentally with yesterday’s hearings in Olympia on four gun control measures.

?We are America?s gun safety experts,? says NSSF letter to Obama | Examiner.com
    niks, gatorbait51 and dmitchsr like this.

Fix NICS huh. So NSSF is as clueless on RTKAB as the NRA.
    With "advocates" like these the antis work should progress nicely.

Thank goodness forGOA and SAF.
    Theres only one pres candidate that is against NICS. He has my vote on that statement alone.
    You dont have to believe a train is coming. Itll run over you anyway.

Thousands and thousands of laws added since the 1968 GCA infringement and yet criminals get all the guns they want, thinking that adding even more laws is just foolish and will not accomplish anything except add further infringements.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    Hóka-héy! Crazy Horse

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I continue to just shake my head at those who still think that the American People are so stupid as to think a law in the midst of laws are going make them safe. A law never phased a law-breaker. Why must everybody pay for the actions of a few? That to me is cruel and unusual punishment. I'm pretty sure there's a law against that, isn't there?
    msgt/ret, airslot, gen3 and 2 others like this.
    "Threat assessment and situational awareness seems to be the order of the day.
    Why wouldn't physical and mental preparedness be any less of a consideration?"- dmitchsr

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"
    >>>>ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<<<<

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitchsr View Post
    I continue to just shake my head at those who still think that the American People are so stupid as to think a law in the midst of laws are going make them safe. A law never phased a law-breaker. Why must everybody pay for the actions of a few? That to me is cruel and unusual punishment. I'm pretty sure there's a law against that, isn't there?
    It IS mind boggling, isn't it? Stupid sheeple never cease to amaze me. It's the power of the propaganda media coupled with the dumbing down of America who cannot read past a headline or read with some skepticism and look for some facts.

the various pro 2A organizations should circle the wagons and counteract this with common sense, facts, in a coordinated cohesive way. Provide people with simple talking points to put in their quiver.

Repetition and coordination. That's how the left does it. And throw in plenty of ridicule. Required reading should be Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. It's the lefts sole and only tactic, since they rarely use truth, facts, and common sense. They are 100% pure style, over substance. And it's EFFECTIVE.
    dmitchsr and gen3 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitchsr View Post
    I continue to just shake my head at those who still think that the American People are so stupid as to think a law in the midst of laws are going make them safe. A law never phased a law-breaker. Why must everybody pay for the actions of a few?
    This is what I just can't figure out about the other side. We have more laws, probably, than most other countries yet the bg's continue to get guns everyday. Why do these people think the answer is more laws. If the ones we have can't stop it how would new ones?
    Patti and dmitchsr like this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Quote Originally Posted by Bama61 View Post
    This is what I just can't figure out about the other side. We have more laws, probably, than most other countries yet the bg's continue to get guns everyday. Why do these people think the answer is more laws. If the ones we have can't stop it how would new ones?
    There are folks on the forum that support such useless do nothing laws.
    BC. Prohibited people ,etcc.
    None of those work. Only open the door more foolish gun laws, and force the law abiding to submit to infringement they should not have too.
    Bama61, ctr and dmitchsr like this.
    You dont have to believe a train is coming. Itll run over you anyway.

Waste of time. These open letters are a joke. Do they really thing the President reads this stuff?
    dmitchsr and gen3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TideAlumO4 View Post
    Waste of time. These open letters are a joke. Do they really thing the President reads this stuff?
    Sad, but true.
    dmitchsr and Patti like this.
    "...a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Quote Originally Posted by TideAlumO4 View Post
    Considering he doesn't even read his daily national security briefing, I agree.
    BadgerJ and niks like this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Sponsored Links