Anti Gunners Protest Navy Seal Memorial

This is a discussion on Anti Gunners Protest Navy Seal Memorial within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Comparing the guns at Columbine with the weapon in her husband's hands is like comparing a criminal's knife with a surgeon's scalpel. I like this ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anti Gunners Protest Navy Seal Memorial

Senior Moderator
    Comparing the guns at Columbine with the weapon in her husband's hands is like comparing a criminal's knife with a surgeon's scalpel.
    I like this comparison as well, and if they were to put up a statue of a doctor they would put him with a stethoscope in his hands. In statues of scientists they put test tubes and other scientific tools in their hands. In statures of artists they put brushes and pencils in their hands. In statues of religious leaders they put Bibles in their hands.

A rifle is a service man's tool.

How many had to swear by that...

This is my rifle.
    There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend.
    It is my life.
    I must master it as I must master my life.
    My rifle, without me, is useless.
    Without my rifle, I am useless.
    I must fire my rifle true.
    I must shoot straighter than my enemy,
    who is trying to kill me.
    I must shoot him before he shoots me.
    I will.

Granted, that's just the Marine's Rifle Creed, but the dependency of a service member on his weapon is universal to all branches.

Putting up a statue of a SEAL without his rifle is like writing a book about Christopher Columbus and not mentioning that he was ever in a boat!
    Last edited by limatunes; April 9th, 2007 at 05:10 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Earlier when I read this, I was so PO'd that I couldn't make words, only strange noises. I couldn't spell most of those.

Very early kids are taught to look up to and respect police officers. Do these people want LE's to stop wearing guns because it sends the wrong message? I have more feelings about this but the words are leaving again. I need to slap somebody. Grrr.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

One of the wealthy subdivisions down by Cincinnati has a very nice memorial area, which has a statue portraying a servicemember from every conflict, from American Revolution, to 1812 and Mexican War, Civil War, WW1 and WW2, Korea, Vietnam, First Gulf. Almost all of them (I think I remember Persian Gulf 1 is a fighter pilot, but I think that one even has a sidearm) have rifles (or muskets I suppose for one or two.) I have never heard anyone complain about that one. And I think its a pretty cool memorial, spent a lot of time there thinking.

Yes, the school shooting was tragic, but didn't the responding SWAT team have AR-15's, I'm pretty sure there is a picture of that somewhere. People need to learn that a "zero tolerance" type attitude usually doesn't work out very well. It's not the weapon, its the person holding it.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I can not think of the words I have for these people. For the love of our Country, put it up. Where would we be with-out hero's like him?
    Very sad this was even brought up....
    "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
    General George Patton

Thumbs down

From the article: "They should be putting up a peace dove instead," she said. "The question is do we stand for peace or do we stand for war?"

Peace Dove my a**. When was anyone ever freed from tyranny by a damn peace dove? The real question is: do we stand for peace, or lie on our bellies in a mass grave when the enemy slaughters us, because we gave up our guns.

I cannot abide the idiocy of these people without becoming totally enraged. I have to go calm down now.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

A statue of him bayoneting a dove would be pretty awesome.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Pretty Disgusting...

I have trouble trying to comprehend the thinking process of people with this negative fixation of weapons...weapons in the hands of heros.

Why do these types disappear when the criminal punishments are to be handed out...bleeding heart liberals...but are right there to take away guns from those with common sense only choosing to defend themselves and family from thugs...and, as the article stated, they are also there to minimize the efforts and memory of an individual 'hero' who lost his life so that these 'bleeding hearts' can 'freely' spew their vemon.

Makes me very angry...

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

As it says at the Korean War Memorial, Freedom is not Free.

Administrator
    I'm Speechless.

Just WHAT exactly do the Anti-Gunners think their freedoms, lives and liberty are (and have been) protected with?
    Q-tips and Gummy Bears?

That is truly unreal.

idiots!

Shouldn't have read that this close to going to bed. I'm so angry even my fingers are tingling. There is such a thing as being too open minded. Please save me from the "peaceniks"

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I'm Speechless.

Just WHAT exactly do the Anti-Gunners think their freedoms, lives and liberty are (and have been) protected with?
    Q-tips and Gummy Bears?

That is truly unreal.
    Don't forget bird seed to feed that stupid peace dove...

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    I haven't read the whole thread, but it should be noted that this was a group of about 6 loonies. The city of Littleton has decided to go ahead with the memorial.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Draft the antis give them doves and send them to Iraq and see if they can stop the killing. They really need a reality check. Gotta stop typing befor my keyboard breaks.

VIP Member
    This statue is scheduled to be dedicated on July 4th...I'll be there.
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread, but it should be noted that this was a group of about 6 loonies. The city of Littleton has decided to go ahead with the memorial.
    They ought to publish the names of these loonie's in the paper, along with addresses, phone numbers......just like many papers published pistol permit holders names.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links