Bloomberg recruits Cincinnati Mayor

This is a discussion on Bloomberg recruits Cincinnati Mayor within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...007/1056/COL02 New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is in Cincinnati today to join Cincinnati Mayor Mark Mallory in announcing that Cincinnati and other mayors from Hamilton ...

Thread: Bloomberg recruits Cincinnati Mayor

Bloomberg recruits Cincinnati Mayor

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...007/1056/COL02

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is in Cincinnati today to join Cincinnati Mayor Mark Mallory in announcing that Cincinnati and other mayors from Hamilton County and Northern Kentucky are joining the national Mayors Against Illegal Guns coalition.

Bloomberg and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino last year formed the group, now made up of more than 150 mayors from 50 states.

The goal is to work on ways to crack down on illegal guns.

Bloomberg joined Mallory at the annual meeting of Downtown Cincinnati, Inc. this morning and said all big cities face the same safety issues.

“The fact of the matter is, we need Congress to help police officers get the information they need,” said Bloomberg.

Details will be disclosed at a news conference later today.

The Enquirer will update this story.
    Great, just what Cincinnati needs. Why doesn't somebody explain to Bloomberg that when you get elected as mayor, your focus should be on your city that elected you, and your constituents, not on spreading your message accross the nation. Thats what national politics are for. I am actually shocked Mallory didn't already join the group, because the city doesn't have enough to deal with already. The guns are already illegal, why don't we just focus on them because of that?

At least the suburbs and surrounding rural area are still nice.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Bloomberg strikes me as an anti-gun megalomaniac .......... with aspirations to higher office when in fact he is a mere mayor.

Delusions of grandeur but dangerous with it.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

It's easier to run around the country screwing with the rights of honest citizens than to actually do something about all the huge problems of NYC. When Rudy left the city was circling the drain, and it hasn't improved. Why the people of NYC keep electing these bozos is beyond understanding.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Sick Of Traveling Politicians...

I'm tired of local politicians traveling all over the country instead of working (as they should be) at home...

Why is the speaker of the House (Ms. P) traveling to 'thug country'?

These people should be held accountable for frivilous spending and travel...but they won't be...

The NYC mayor has no business sticking his nose in the business of other cities...

OMO

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    I was downtown in the courthouse today as all this was going on... what a bunch of meatheads.
    Bloomberg says it to make the cops jobs easier when dealing with a gun crime... BS! Its very easy for me to find out where a gun came from, if its stolen etc.
    Its a backdoor try for an across the board registration.

On top of this circus, a retarded council women calls a news conf. to discuss Imus... who cares what a council person in a small city thinks about Imus? I dont care about what I think of him, why would anybody else give a damn what this clown thinks.

I tired of these people thinking that the public is to dumb not to see right through all this, I'm even more tired of the ones who are dumb enough.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I tired of these people thinking that the public is to dumb not to see right through all this, I'm even more tired of the ones who are dumb enough.
    Well, who is really to blame SIXTO, the ones who don't know any better, or the ones who exploit that because they lack decent intellectual skills.

I saw the thing about the clowncilwoman, they need to remember what they were eleceted for, and that it is a small local role.

At least we have some good cops like you down there, let me put on my stall mucking boots for the clowncil though.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...396/1092/COL02

Local officials don't like illegal guns.

Sounds obvious.

But when 14 mayors in the region and one township trustee signed on Thursday morning to the Mayors Against Illegal Guns coalition, they joined a national lobbying group that's butting heads with the powerful National Rifle Association.

Started last year by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino, the coalition would like to repeal the Tiahrt Amendment.

Attached to the U.S. Department of Justice's appropriations bill since 2003, the amendment restricts the abilities of law enforcement to use information gathered from the tracing of guns.

The group also plans to develop what it thinks are effective anti-gun strategies and spread them to cities across the country.

Bloomberg came to Cincinnati to help Mayor Mark Mallory announce the regional support here.

He said police need as much information as possible to get illegal guns off the streets.

"This is not a big-city thing or a partisan thing," he said. "The only people who should be upset about this are criminals. The point is, we need to make our views known."

The NRA, on its Web site, refers to the "egomaniacal nature" of Bloomberg's "crusade" to foist bad, failed gun policies on cities other than his own. A newer group, the American Hunters and Shooters Association, supports the mayors.

Mayors of these local cities and villages signed on with Mallory: Cleves, Covington, Fairfax, Forest Park, Golf Manor, Harrison, Lincoln Heights, Silverton, Wyoming, Arlington Heights, Glendale, Lockland and Newport. Also signing was the Delhi Township trustees president.

Mallory said it was the first time a regional group of mayors joined the coalition as a bloc.

"It doesn't do us much good," he said, "if we get a handle on our homicides in Cincinnati and in Sharonville, we see 60."

Mallory said he would push local lawmakers to vote against the Tiarht Amendment.

He said some local mayors wanted more information and others declined to sign. Some officials have been concerned about NRA backlash, Bloomberg said.

Covington Mayor Butch Callery said the problem of guns requires a regional approach.

"Unfortunately, criminals don't know any boundaries and guns don't either," he said. "This is taking a regional approach to the problem. We need to do more of that in our area."

Newport Mayor Tom Guidugli said he wanted to make clear the coalition "is against illegal guns. It is not against people having guns."

"I think it is real clear anybody in government in the region would be against illegal guns," he said. "I think everybody is."
    Here is the update that the newspaper promised. For anyone who is from Cincinnati, what do you think about this quote from Mallory:
    "It doesn't do us much good," he said, "if we get a handle on our homicides in Cincinnati and in Sharonville, we see 60."
    I grew up in and around Sharonville, lived in that area almost my whole life, there won't be 60 homicides a year in Sharonville, despite the changing demographics of it. That just seems like a very ignorant quote to me. At least 80% of Cincy's homicides are drug related, and that hasn't quite spread to Sharonville (there are drugs there, but not the drug culture per se), and that culture isn't really going to be able to move into that part of the city.

Geez.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Who are the people from the "American Hunters and Shooters Association" is this another front organization??
    -Diplomacy: The art of saying nice dogie until you can find a rock.
    -The truth is a three edged sword.
    -Your brain is your primary weapon everything else is just a tool.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Bloomberg says it to make the cops jobs easier when dealing with a gun crime... BS! Its very easy for me to find out where a gun came from, if its stolen etc.
    Its a backdoor try for an across the board registration.

I know, its bad to quote yourself, but I wanted to make my point more clear on this using the VT shooting... anyone notice how quick it was to hit the news where the kid bought the guns, how much was paid etc.? Its very easy to get that info if I want it. This push by the mayors is nothing but smoke and mirrors.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links