Missouri ... Way to Go

This is a discussion on Missouri ... Way to Go within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.nraila.org:80/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=2883 Missouri Governor Matt Blunt Signs Emergency Powers Protection Into Law At NRA Annual Meeting Friday, April 13, 2007 St. Louis, MO—Governor Matt Blunt signed ...

Thread: Missouri ... Way to Go

Missouri ... Way to Go

http://www.nraila.org:80/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=2883

Missouri Governor Matt Blunt Signs
    Emergency Powers Protection Into Law At NRA Annual Meeting

Friday, April 13, 2007

St. Louis, MO—Governor Matt Blunt signed into law a fundamental protection against gun confiscation during declared states of emergencies. The bill signing ceremony took place at NRA's Opening Celebration Friday afternoon at the America’s Center in St. Louis.
    "I’d like to thank Governor Blunt for signing SB 257 into law," said Chris W. Cox, NRA's chief lobbyist. "This is a vital common sense, self-defense measure that ensures that law-abiding Missourians will be able to defend themselves and their loved ones during an emergency. When there is a breakdown in emergency services and law enforcement is involved in vital search and rescue missions, law-abiding people need an effective means of self-defense from looters and other criminals. Thanks to Governor Blunt for championing freedom and law and order."

"I am very pleased to sign legislation approved by Missouri's legislature to ensure that every single Missourian can keep their firearm during times of emergency," Governor Blunt said. "This important legislation guarantees that law-abiding citizens' freedom to bear arms will not be taken away, especially during an emergency. I applaud the Senate and House, and the bill’s sponsor, Senator Engler, for passing this important legislation."

SB 257, the Emergency Powers Protection Act, was sponsored by State Senator Kevin Engler and prohibits local and state authorities from confiscating legally-owned firearms from citizens during emergencies. The bill received overwhelming, bi-partisan support, passing 34-0 in the Senate and 150-2 in the House.
    When outnumbered 2 to 1.
    Shoot twice!
    Gopher

2. Remove Ads

Yep, we are definately proud of our Governor, Senators, and (almost all of ) our Representatives. Rep's Low and Oxford were the 'no' votes.

That's one down - we have Castle Doctrine and PTA Elimination bills going too.

PTA Elimination?

PTA stands for "permit to aquire".

Basically, HB 462 will repeal 571.090 (among others) so that we no longer have to go half-way across the county, pay a fee, and get a background check from the sheriff to purchase a handgun. If you pass the NICS check, you plunk down the cash (or swipe the card ) and walk out with that 'heck of a deal' as soon as you find it.

Go MO...

more to follow, hopefully...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    PTA stands for "permit to aquire".

Basically, HB 462 will repeal 571.090 (among others) so that we no longer have to go half-way across the county, pay a fee, and get a background check from the sheriff to purchase a handgun. If you pass the NICS check, you plunk down the cash (or swipe the card ) and walk out with that 'heck of a deal' as soon as you find it.
    I was aware this was in-flight, but I just couldn't translate the acronym. I'm really hopeful this one goes though.

Just a point of clarification.... To do a private sale in Missouri, I only need the PTA right? I'm buying a Glock 19 from a friend this week and thought it was dumb I'd have to go get the permit. I'm hoping that's all I need....

Boy, that is good news, indeed!
    Walk steathly - and carry a big Springfield.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodeymo View Post
    I was aware this was in-flight, but I just couldn't translate the acronym. I'm really hopeful this one goes though.

Just a point of clarification.... To do a private sale in Missouri, I only need the PTA right? I'm buying a Glock 19 from a friend this week and thought it was dumb I'd have to go get the permit. I'm hoping that's all I need....
    Yep. Your friend has to fill out his part and send it back in. You may want to bring an addressed envelope so he doesn't forget. I forget who gets the charge if the paperwork isn't sent in. One of our other Mo Members can likely answer that though.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

VIP Member
    Congratulations, Missouri!

Links